Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Story of Complications Part 2

Chapter 7.

by Wicked_Lovely 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Published: 2011-02-03 - Updated: 2011-02-03 - 1831 words - Complete

1Exciting

Ryan woke up with a horrible feeling in his stomach. He knew that Brendon wasn't back, nor would he come back. He curled up in the empty bed, remembering that he had fallen asleep with his friends. It made everything worse to wake up alone in a big bed. He looked out the window that was slightly taller than himself. It was a beautiful day out, the sun shining overly bright, making everything shine with a tint of gold. And while normally, he would have loved how beautiful the day was, he couldn't appreciate it without Brendon. It didn't seem right. He sighed, running a hand through his messy brown hair. He looked over at the clock, it was nine in the morning. Not a unusual time for him to be up. He looked back out the window, waiting to see if Brendon was going to come strolling down the street, singing some ridiculous song Ryan had never heard before. He continued to sit there, staring out the window until Spencer came in.
"Oh, you're up." Spencer said sounding surprised. "I was just coming in to check on you." Ryan looked over at Spencer, who gave him a warm smile, and he looked at the clock. It was already twelve.
"Yeah, I've been up for a while. Is Brendon back?" Ryan asked. A grim face replaced his happy one on Spencer's face.
"No." He said with a sigh. Ryan gave a sad nod before looking out the window. "But we'll find him, okay?" Ryan stayed silent and unresponsive, not even bothering to look at Spencer. "Are you feeling better?" Ryan sighed, and looked over at Spencer.
"Not really." He said quietly. Spencer nodded, leaving the room. Ryan's head fell onto his knees as he waited for Spencer to come back.
"Here." Jon's voice said calmly, as he tapped Ryan on the shoulder. The younger boy lifted his head, taking the small glass that Jon was holding. He hadn't even realized that he was crying, but his knees were slightly damp with his tears.
"What is it?" Ryan asked as he stared down at the slightly brown clear liquid. He guessed it was some kind of tea, but it certainly didn't smell like it. It smelled like blood and herbs.
"I have absolutely no idea, but it's supposed to make you feel better." Jon said with a small smile as he sat down next to Ryan. "Pete said it would help with your hunger, and it would cover the iron that's now in your bloodstream to make you feel less sick." Ryan nodded and started to drink the liquid. He was surprised to find that it simply tasted like copper and rosemary. "Do you know how long you've been asleep?" Jon asked and Ryan looked at him curiously, finishing the drink.
"No, why?"
"It's been a week Ryan. We kept waiting for you to wake up, but you never did." Ryan held completely still. He had been out for a whole week, and Brendon still was missing. How had he slept through an entire week?
"You didn't wake me up?" Ryan asked looking like a worried little kid.
"Ryan, you looked so horrible when you were sleeping. You were restless, constantly moving and groaning in pain. We tried to wake you up, we honestly did." Ryan was silent for a minute before he nodded, staring at the empty glass in his hands. "Why don't you go take a shower, and then you can talk to Pete and Patrick, okay?" Jon said giving the smaller boy a tiny smile.
"Yeah, okay." Ryan got up, his skin was starting to go cold, and he could feel his heart slowing, his pulse almost going to a complete stop. "So this is what it feels like to be a vampire?" He said laughing to himself lightly as he looked in the mirror, seeing the reflection of his body fade in and out like a faulted TV screen. Ryan walked out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist while his hair was still slightly damp. He felt dead, but as crazy as it sounded, more alive than he had in weeks.
"There's a fresh pair of clothing on the bed." He heard Spencer's voice chime from somewhere in the living room. He walked in, smiling lightly as he saw what they had chosen him to wear. He would have never really chosen it, but hey, he was sure he would look amazing in it. And he felt amazing, so why not wear it? Ryan walked out of the room, walking towards the sound of voices.
"Darling, you look amazing in my pants." Pete said smiling lightly at him.
"How do you feel?" Patrick asked as Ryan sat down next to him at the table.
"Fine." How could he begin describing how he felt? He felt alive, even though he was sure he was dead. He was lonely, even though he was surrounded by others. He felt amazing, and even though his sickness was gone, he still felt the sickening feeling you get when you know somethings wrong.
"You look better." Spencer said with a smile.
"He looks dead." Jon said and Spencer hit his arm lightly, receiving a small ow from him.
"Okay, just because I know it's going to be the next thing you're going to ask, no, Brendon's not back yet." Pete said.
"I wasn't going to ask, Spencer already told me." Ryan said coldly.
"I have this theory," Patrick started, waving his hand in the air slightly, like it would help him remember what he was going to say. "And you're definitely not going to like it." Ryan tilted his head slightly, staring at Patrick. He was getting irritated with the people around him. If one of them ended up being knocked out by the end of this conversation, Ryan honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised.
"Go on." He said urging Patrick to pick up where he left off. But, Pete being Pete couldn't stand having all eyes off him, and he decided it was his time to talk.
"We think that Brendon's been kidnapped along with a few of our friends. You see, a while ago we had a run in with some trouble. Needless to say, there ended up being an extremely pissed off vampire prince, and we were not on his good side. Now he's a king, and he has a nephew, who has to do everything he says. And we know he wants revenge." Ryan just stared at him.
"And what dose that have to do with my Brendon?"
"You know how revenge works, you've seen so many classics." Spencer said with a sigh. "In order to truly get back at people, you take away the ones that they love. It leaves them in a state of hopelessness, leaving it to your advantage." He said shaking his head in slight disappointment at Ryan.
"We think that if we have your help, we can get them back." Patrick said, trying to finish what he started. "But you're going to need to know how to fight." Ryan hated them saying this, he knew how to fight. He had since he was a little kid. When Brendon was drunk all the time, he fought off people at bars when he bothered to go get Brendon, and he always won. When kids at school finally made him snap, he put them in the hospital. But, it would probably be best if he just went along with it.
"Yeah, okay." Ryan said with a small shrug, smiling smugly at everyone's - except for Pete- surprised faces.
"All right, lets get started." Pete said, walking over to the iron stairwell that led to the basement, and everyone followed.
Jon Spencer and Patrick sat on the floor by the wall, watching Pete and Ryan, who were standing in the middle of the room. "Here." Pete said handing Ryan a silver dagger. He smiled as it shined in the light like the moon did in the night. "Try and hit the target." He said pointing to a target shaped like a person, the kind you would see a police man practicing his new gun on. Ryan almost laughed, it was like darts. Brendon loved darts, and just like most things, Ryan secretly practiced it to make him better at it then Brendon. He would act like he didn't care for it, and then he would whip Brendon with ease, and Brendon would sit there stunned, but smiling. He loved it when Ryan won. Ryan gripped the knife before throwing it in anger at the board. They took his Brendon, and he was officially pissed. He wouldn't let them do that, they were going to pay. Most likely with their lives.
"Holy shit." Spencer and Jon said in unison as they looked at the shiny knife standing in the middle of the head of the cardboard cut-out.
"You hit it dead on." Patrick said stunned.
"What's next?" Ryan asked getting annoyed at how slow everyone was being. Pete looked at him.
"Remind me not to get on your bad side. Why don't we just try hand to hand combat?" Pete asked. Ryan nodded.
"Sure, whatever works for you." Pete swung at him hard and fast, and Ryan quickly put his hand up to block the punch, kicking Pete in his stomach. Pete gasped, falling to the floor clutching his stomach. "You're so fucking strong." He gasped between pained breaths.
"I told you, fledglings don't need practice. Their made to kill." Patrick said from the side lines.
"If only we knew where they were." Jon said and everyone was quite. He was the only one that voiced their worst worry, that they wouldn't be able to find Brendon. That everything would take a turn for the worse, and Ryan would snap and kill them all before going on a hunt for Brendon. And everyone was staring at the brown haired boy, standing over Pete with a satisfied smirk, pitch black rosary hanging from his delicate neck, all his pent up anger showing on his face.
"I've almost got it. I got a hold of one of the cell phone signals yesterday, but it keeps fading in and out, so it might take another day." Patrick said, trying to calm Ryan without directing it towards him.
"Fair enough." Spencer said leaning back against the wall. "In the mean time, I think it's extremely enjoyable to watch Ryan beat the crap out of someone that's bigger than him." Pete got up, irritated at the comment.
"Okay, we'll see who can beat the crap out of who." He said laughing lightly, as Ryan and him started to fight again. They spent the rest of the day like that, fighting against each other, screaming profanities. While Patrick tried to find where Brendon was, and Jon and Spencer just watched as their small friend continued to throw one successful punch after another at Pete.
Sign up to rate and review this story