Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Story of Complications Part 2

Chapter 5.

by Wicked_Lovely 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Published: 2011-01-23 - Updated: 2011-01-23 - 1597 words - Complete

1Insightful
Spencer was the first one back to Pete and Patrick's small house. Patrick opened the door, looking nervous.
"Where's Pete?" Spencer asked looking around.
"Um...I'm not sure." Patrick said taking one of the bags Spencer held.
"Is Ryan okay?" Spencer asked, putting the two bags he still had on the kitchen table.
"I think so. Well, as okay as he gets." Patrick said with a shrug. Spencer walked over to the room Ryan was sleeping behind, opening the door slowly and peering into it. Ryan was still asleep, looking troubled and sick. Spencer sighed lightly, felling bad for his younger friend. He noticed the glass of read liquid sitting on the bedside table and looked over at Patrick.
"What is that?" He asked pointing to the small glass.
"Er,...Well...It's for Ryan. To drink when he wakes up. It'll make him slightly stronger." Patrick said with a shrug. Ryan rustled in his sleep, rolling over with a groan. Spencer walked out of the room, shutting the door as quietly as possible.
"What are you two hiding from us?" Spencer asked looking at Patrick. "Something's going on, and you don't want us to find out about it." Patrick took a step back, fidgeting with his hands.
"Well...Um...I can't really-" There was a knock on the door, and Patrick gave a sigh of relief as he walked over and opened the door. Jon walked in, carrying his bags and putting them on the kitchen table just the same as Spencer had earlier. He noticed the tension, he saw it on Patrick's scared and nervous face, and in Spencer's balled fists, but mainly it hung in the air like a dense fog.
"What's going on here?" Jon asked looking between the irritated face, and the nervous one.
"Their hiding something from us." Spencer said, still watching every movement of Patrick.
"I can't tell you." Patrick stuttered.
"Why not?" Jon asked, the only calm one in the room. Patrick bit his bottom lip as he attempted to think of a way out of the conversation. They weren't allowed to know the truth. Pete's words echoed in his head, 'We need him.'
"One of you should probably watch Ryan." Patrick said looking down at his feet, hoping it would be Spencer to go check on Ryan and move his icy eyes off of him. They were like daggers boring into him, even with his head down he could feel them on him. He wondered vaguely what Spencer was, because with eyes like that he couldn't be human. He looked up, seeing Spencer and Jon both looking in at Ryan.
"He's waking up." Jon said looking over at Patrick. A look of panic covered his face and he tried to hide it as he quickly walked into the room. Ryan rolled over to the three of them, his eyes opening slowly. He just stared at the three of them blankly, his eyes quickly shifting on Patrick. He smirked at him, his fangs showing as his eyes glowed a dim crimson.
"Ry, what are you thinking?" Spencer asked noticing the animal like stare his eyes seemed to cast.
"Give him the drink." Patrick said hiding behind Jon.
"What's wrong with him?" Jon asked as Spencer picked up the glass.
"Ryan, can you drink this for me." Ryan didn't say a word, he just took the glass as he continued to watch Patrick. He took a small sip at first, but quickly downed the rest, staining his lips a crimson color.
"Spencer?" Ryan asked as his eye color went back to the way it normally was. Spencer smiled, happy to have his friend back to normal.
"Yeah Ryro?" Spencer asked sitting next to Ryan. Patrick sneaked out of the room, and Jon leaned on the door frame.
"It's fucking hot in here." Ryan looked around. "Where's Brendon?" Spencer looked at Jon who just shrugged.
"I think he went to go pick some things up." Spencer smiled at Ryan, who just nodded.
"Are you feeling better?" Jon asked.
"Better?" Ryan asked.
"Yeah, you were so sick last night and this morning. Are you feeling better?" Spencer asked. Ryan shook his head.
"Not really, I'm just not as tired as I was." He smiled at his two friends, wishing Brendon was with them. Ryan dug his hands in his pockets, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.
"I thought I told you to stop smoking." Spencer said looking at his friend with concern. Ryan just smiled as he took a drag.
"You're talking to the boy that failed at suicide." Ryan said, he immediately noticed the hurt on Spencer and Jon's face and felt horrible for saying it. "I'm sorry." He said looking down. Spencer hugged him.
"Just promise you won't ever try it again." Spencer said.
"Why don't we play a card game." Jon said smiling attempting to calm the mood as he sat down on the bed by Spencer. He pulled out a card deck, something that Jon always had on him, and started dealing the cards out.
"Why was Patrick so afraid of you?" Spencer asked looking at Ryan, who just shrugged.
"I don't know. I've heard stories of what happens to people like me that get turned. The ones that don't die, they normally go after vampires when their thirsty. It makes them crazy, and they kill whenever they please. But it's mainly the first month after they get turned." Ryan said with a shrug.
"You mean that you might just kill Pete and Patrick?" Jon asked.
"I might kill anyone. I don't know, it's like, a different person takes over you. I really wish I knew more about it, but I guess we're just going to have to learn from experience."
"One more question, what exactly are you?" Jon asked looking at Ryan curiously.
"Do you remember when you first met him?" Spencer asked. Jon nodded, and the two of them started talking as if Ryan wasn't there.
"Yeah, you knew me, but I had never talked to him before, we were some of the few outcasts at our school." Jon said with a nod.
"He's always been a hybrid." Spencer said.
"A hybrid?"
"Part human, part fey." Spencer said with a shrug.
"I never told you what I was, how the hell do you know?" Ryan whispered looking at Spencer, who just laughed.
"You're not the best at hiding it. And there's this thing in my family that helps us tell these things."
"When you say fey, do you mean like, fairy?" Jon asked.
"No, faerie. Their completely different, one is the reason the world is shit, the others a childhood tale." Spencer said shaking his head.
"Okay...I feel like I've read a few books on faerie folklore, it always seemed probable, but...."
"It's just as probable as vampires, and those are very clearly real." Spencer said while starting to sound slightly irritated. Jon nodded, trying not to make Spencer any more angry than he already was getting.
"Please don't get mad Spencer." Ryan whispered, seeming just as innocent as he did when he was a kid, as innocent as he was before he met Brendon.
"I'm sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to get mad...It's just been a stressful past few days." Spencer said, he started to think about how much Ryan had changed when he met Brendon, and he was starting to hate Brendon, causing all of the problems the group of them had. And he found himself being happy that Brendon wasn't there to destroy a potentially good moment. They started to play the game, trying to ignore everything that had happened. It was hard at first, trying to act like nothing was wrong, but eventually, they all forgot temporarily what had happened. And Brendon stayed no where in sight. After a while, Pete walked into the room.
"Where's Brendon?" They all looked up at him, as panic spread quickly across Ryan's face.
"We don't know." Jon said with a shrug.
"No one knows where he is?" Ryan asked worried.
"Apparently, have any of you talked to him recently?" Pete asked. Tears started to form in Ryan's eyes, Brendon was missing, and he honestly had no idea how to handle it.
"Not since this morning." Spencer said with indifference.
"Do you think something happened to him?" Jon asked, and Pete sighed.
"Maybe. I don't know. He could just be lost, we'll just have to wait and see." Pete said.
"Come on, Ry, don't cry. He's probably fine, just ya know, distracted." Spencer said.
"If he's not back by tomorrow, we'll start worrying, okay?" Pete asked and Ryan nodded, starting to feel even more sick than he had before. "Why don't you three get some sleep?" Pete said with a smile.
"He's right, it's late, we got up early this morning, and Ryan really needs his sleep." Jon said. Pete walked out of the room closing the door. Ryan leaned into Spencer, who hugged him. "You okay with the three of us sleeping in the same bed?" Jon asked smiling lightly at his two friends who both nodded.
"He's okay, right?" Ryan asked, as Spencer and Jon smothered him with love the way parents would a child that had a bad dream.
"Brendon asked the same thing last night. And just the same as I told him you would be fine, he's going to be fine." Spencer said. Ryan sighed, allowing himself to cuddle up to the boys that were like brothers to him, and in no time, he fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story