Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Story of Complications Part 2

Chapter 4.

by Wicked_Lovely 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Published: 2011-01-17 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 2800 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Brendon stood outside a bar, standing in the middle of the street. He stared at it, imagining all the drinks and people that were inside. It had been hours since Pete had given him the list of things he was supposed to find, but he kept on getting distracted. Stopping in front of bars, wishing he could go in and have a drink. Going to convince stores to get a pack of gum or a pack of cigarettes. He spent most of his time wandering around, looking at all the bars he had gone to, remembering what the first drink he had when he first went there. He wished he could take the past back. He wished he had never taken that first sip. But he had, and now Ryan was laying practically dead. He kept thinking that if he hadn't taken the first sip, he would have realized his feeling earlier, and Ryan would be healthy. He heard the screech of a car, and Brendon looked over just as he was hit by the car.
"Oh shit, you hit something!" William screamed as he jumped out of the car. "Fuck, you hit a person!" Gabe got out of the car, looking at Brendon who was bleeding on the pavement.
"Did anyone see?" He asked looking around.
"Did anyone see?! You fucking hit a person! Look he's dying in the street!"
"But no one saw it, right?" Gabe asked worried.
"No. No one saw anything. But dammit Gabe, you probably killed him!" William screamed.
"Fine, you turn him."
"This isn't just going to go away. We can't just turn him and then leave him on the street."
"Then we'll take him to the house where we take all of the new-breads." Gabe said. William sighed.
"If Pete finds out he'll get pissed."
"We can hide him."
"I'm not taking the blame this time when Pete finds out." William said picking up Brendon and putting him in the backseat of the small car.
"We can hide him."
"I mean, Pete would practically kill us for changing someone without his permission." William bit into Brendon's neck, ejecting the venom that ran through his veins.
"We can hide him." William pulled his fangs out, getting out of the car and leaving Brendon in the back passed out.
"He's going to find out. Oh god, he's going to find out. And I'm an accomplice! He's going to find out and he's going to kill me!" William said getting in the driver seat and putting his head on the steering wheel.
"We can hide him." Gabe repeated from the passenger seat.
"Right. Right, we can hide him." William said lifting his head up slowly. "We can hide him. We can hide him? Are you fucking insane? He's going to find out eventually!"
"Calm down, we can handle this." William nodded starting the car.
"So, to the house in the desert, right?"
"Yeah. We'll see if Dan and Phil have anything to say about this." Gabe said with a small sigh.
"What?" William asked.
"You've finally calmed down. It's just a comforting feeling." Gabe gave him a smile and William started to drive. After about an hour of driving, Brendon woke up. He looked around the car in a panic, before screaming. Gabe turned around staring at him. "Shut up. You're safe."
"I'm in the backseat of a car with two people I don't know and you say I'm safe?!" Brendon yelled, trying to open the door.
"Child lock's on." Gabe said unimpressed.
"Why am I here?" Brendon asked angry as ever.
"Uh, Gabe here, he hit you with the car...and we thought ya know, you were going to die. So we had to...what do you know about vampires?" William said confused as to what to say.
"I have a friend that's one, and a lover that's turning into one. Why? Did you TURN ME?" Brendon screamed.
"Please lower your voice." William said softly.
"Look kid, it was either you died, or you got turned. Which one would you rather have liked? Because if you're not satisfied, we can kill you." Gabe said looking Brendon in the eye.
"I...I guess it's okay...But Ryan. God, I have to get back to Ryan." Brendon said.
"You're not going anywhere. We turned you without permission. If our...boss I guess you could call him, finds out, we're screwed. He'll kill us." Gabe said sternly.
"So you're going to hit me with a car, turn me without permission, and then kidnap me so you won't get in trouble for doing the first two things?" Brendon asked in a disgusted voice.
"Basically." William said with a sigh. "I'm sorry. Look, we'll try and find this Ryan kid and tell him you're okay."
"Give me your phone." Gabe said. Brendon looked at him.
"You want my phone? Really? So I can't call for help right?"
"So we can find your friends and tell them your safe." William said. Brendon found his phone, handing it to Gabe who scrolled through the contacts.
"Shit." He whispered.
"What is it?" William asked in a low voice, trying to keep Brendon from hearing. Not that he was listening, he was to busy trying to gather his surroundings, even though all that was outside the window was desert.
"He knows Pete." William stopped breathing for a few seconds.
"He can't know him, he'll find out. I told you this was a bad idea!" William whispered in a panicked voice.
"We'll be fine. He rarely comes out here." Gabe said trying to be calm. William pulled into the drive of the house.
"This place is a fucking castle." Brendon muttered.
"And people still can't see it from the highway, so don't try anything stupid. You would just get lost if you tried running." Gabe said.
"You two stay in here." William said getting out of the car, walking up to the door. He knocked on it and the door opened a raven haired boy peering out of the house.
"What happened to your car?" He asked in his British accent.
"We'll get to that, is Pete here?" William asked.
"No, I think he was going over to some kids house. You know him, he's hard to follow." Phil said with a shrug.
"Who's home at the moment?" William asked, making sure no one that would tell Pete of Gabe and Williams mishap would be there.
"Right now it's just Dan and I." Phil said. "Why? What have you two done this time?" William made a motion to Gabe to get out of the car and bring Brendon with him. "Oh no, you two really have screwed up this time." Phil said when he saw Gabe holding Brendon's hands behind his back, like a police officer would a criminal, only without the handcuffs.
"Can you please just give us a moment to explain?" William asked and Phil nodded, allowing the three of them to walk inside the large house. Brendon looked around curiously, admiring the Victorian styled home.
"This place is amazing." Brendon mumbled, but it wasn't heard by anyone but himself.
"I'm going to get Dan, and we're going to figure this out." Phil said before walking down a long hallway that had a vast number of doors down it. Most of the house looked like it had been meant to be a hotel and casino, which wouldn't be unlikely. They had pulled everything that made it look like a hotel or a casino out, replacing it with odd objects, like shards of glass hanging from a metal made tree that went all the way up to the ceiling, touching the glass of the giant chandler. Or the horse that looked like it had been broken off from a carousel, and painted over to where it had flowers blooming all over it. The old dresses and tuxes that had cobwebs on them, hanging from the ceiling like lost souls.
Gabe dragged Brendon over to two old couches, telling him to sit down. Brendon obeyed as he continued to look throughout the house. He looked at the mural on the wall, painted next to the metal tree. it had vines that twisted up to the ceiling, going all around the wall with leaves and flowers and thorns. There were stars on it, stars that actually seemed to glow in the light, glimmering like they had been pulled out of the sky. They looked almost like they were being restrained by vines that had built a wall, hiding them behind their thorns. Phil and Dan walked into the room, sitting on the couch with William and Gabe. They all stared at Brendon.
"What's your name?" Dan asked in his own British voice.
"Brendon. What's yours?" Brendon asked with a smile as he put his hand out for Dan to take. Dan smiled lightly at Brendon.
"Dan, do I really need to shake your hand?" He asked staring at Brendon's outstretched hand.
"No." Brendon's hand fell. "But thank you for having the decency to introduce yourself. No one else has."
"How did you get this one?" Dan asked looking at William and Gabe.
"Gabe hit him with a car, and he was going to die, we didn't want him to die. Our only option was to turn him." William said with a small shrug.
"Really? Gabe, why in the world did you hit this poor boy?" Phil asked looking at Gabe.
"He was standing in the middle of the street, and it was a one way street! There was no avoiding him!" Gabe said trying to defend his actions.
"What in the world were you doing standing in the middle of the street?" Dan asked Brendon, and everyone turned their attention back at him.
"Do I have to tell my life story?" Brendon asked fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.
"Well it's not like you have anything better to do, we're not going to let you go." Phil said with a small smile.
"Okay...I guess if I have no choice. So about two years ago, I was on tour with my band, and I went out to party's. I never drank, not a single drop. Until one night, when one of my friends sneaked some vodka in my drink. And having never tried it, I wanted more. So he poured me a glass. And then everything just turned into a blur for the next few months. I can remember parts of shows, and having Ryan take care of me when I had hangovers. He'd be sympathetic, sit around and watch movies with me, make me soup and hot tea. Anyway, my drinking got worse when the tour was over. And after a few months of it, my friends and band-mates Jon and Spencer drug me to an intervention. When they first got us there, they took Ryan off to wash some blood off his face. They said I hit him in the car, saying it was his fault." Brendon took a shaky breath, trying to relax and not get worked up over the past. "When Ryan was out of the room, they told me what I had done to him. It apparently wasn't the first time I had hit him while being drunk. I'd hit him, and I'd rape him, and then I'd beat him so more. But he never told anyone else, he kept it to himself, locked himself in the apartment we shared, waiting for me to get better. He turned anorexic, and he'd harm himself. And it was because of me. I didn't know what I was doing to him. If I did, I would have stopped sooner. I do remember being sober once, and seeing him, his lip busted, he had a cut over his eye brow, and a slight black eye. There were bruises and self inflicted cuts on his wrists. And he just smiled at me, giving me some medicine for my head ache, telling me to go back to sleep." Brendon was crying now, remembering Ryan's face. "At the intervention, Patrick was taking care of Ryan's wounds on his chest, and Patrick came out, playing a tape recorder of Ryan crying, saying he wanted me to get better. And then Ryan came into the room, still shirtless. You could see every bone so clearly, it was almost like he wasn't wearing skin. His hips had huge bruises on them, and his body was decorated with cuts, some in the shape of fingernails. There were bruises on his skin that looked like they had been made by fingers and hands. That's when I realized that I was the one who had inflicted those bruises, and some of the cuts. I agreed to go to a rehab center, and Ryan begged them not to take me away from him. I went to the rehab center for a few months, and I met a girl, and we started dating. When I got out, she moved in, and Ryan got his own place. I think I kicked him out. Ryan seemed to get healthier, all though, I never saw him. I probably saw him once the month he was living on his own. And yesterday, I think it was yesterday, I have no idea what time it is. Yesterday, my girlfriend broke up with me, so I went to go talk to Ryan, who would do his normal routine of making me feel better by ordering pizza and watching an old movie. But it was different, it was the first time I had gone to his apartment, and I wandered around it looking for him. When I couldn't find him in the bedroom or bathroom or the living area, I went to go get some snacks out of the refrigerator. That's where he was, bleeding on the kitchen floor. He had tried to kill himself. So I called Pete, begging him to save Ryan. Pete turned him, but there's something wrong with Ryan that makes it to where the change made him sick. So today we took him to Patrick and Pete's house to try and make him better. Pete gave me a list of things to get, and I went looking for them. Only I couldn't stay focused on getting anything. I kept stopping in front of bars, wishing I could have a drink, wishing I hadn't had the first one. And that's when your two friends hit me. I was standing in the street, trying to think of ways I could turn back time and fix the things I've done. I'm sure if I hadn't had that first drink, Ryan wouldn't be half dead. We would be together, happily. With none of this mess. But I can't turn back time, I can't fix things. All I can do is sit here and wait till I can go back to Ryan." Brendon finished, his head falling to his hands. "But now you guys won't even let me go back to Ryan, and I've broken another promise." Brendon mumbled into his hands. William stood.
"We have to go. Will you two watch him? As a favor to us?" William asked looking at Phil and Dan as Gabe stood.
"You already owe us." Gabe said walking to the door.
"Yeah, yeah. Tell us something we don't know." Phil said ushering them out the door. "We'll keep the boy hidden." The two boys left and Phil shut the door.
"So what do you like to do Brendon?" Dan asked with a smile. Brendon was quite, trying to plot his escape.
"Do you have a bed I can sleep in?" Brendon asked.
"Sure." Dan said and Phil led him down the long hallway lined with doors. Each door had a different number on a metal plate that was nailed into it, some of them falling off. The wall's paint was chipping, and there were cobwebs everywhere, but it was seemingly comfortable. Phil pulled out a key, opening a door.
"This is where you can sleep." Phil left the room, going down the hall and closing the door that hid the hallway from the rest of the house. Brendon sat down on the bed, looking around the small cell like room. There was an old book shelf covered with dust and cobwebs, one small window in the top corner of the room, with a spider sitting in the sill. There was a small desk that had an intricate design on the legs. The room was dark and the only light came from a dusty old lamp that sat on the desk. Brendon sighed, allowing himself to fall back on the bed.
"There's no way I'm getting out of here." He said, and after about an hour of attempting to make an escape plan, he fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story