Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

The Danger Room

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-05 - Updated: 2011-02-05 - 951 words

0Unrated
EXT. MANHATTAN-NIGHT

The city of Manhattan is in ruins. Fires light the night sky: buildings, cars, nearly everything has been lit aflame. An explosion goes off and a huge fireball goes upwards towards the sky.

ICEMAN and ROGUE charge into frame, pursued by an unseen assailant.

ICEMAN:
This way!

Iceman took his girlfriend's hand. Suddenly another explosion went off, sending debris at them. Iceman quickly forms an ice shield, protecting the both of them. As the rubble bounced harmlessly off the thick ice, Rogue looked around and noticed that someone wasn't with them.

ROGUE:
Where's Peter?

Iceman too looked around but didn't see him.

ICEMAN:
I don't know, we must have got split up.

Elsewhere, Civilians are running in between the burning houses trying to get away when they start disappearing into blue puffs of smoke. NIGHTCRAWLER is teleporting them to the safety of a steel bunker. As he did, COLOSSUS ripped off the door of a car, freeing two people trapped in a car.

Colossus looked around for the sign of others when he heard the voice of STORM in his earpiece.

STORM: (V.O)
You guys need to hurry, you're running out of time.

However, the message from Storm made him oblivious to a missile headed straight for him.

BAMF!

Nightcrawler quickly teleported Colossus out of the way just before the missile strikes. Colossus gasped when he realizes what just happened.

COLOSSUS:
Thanks.

NIGHTCRAWLER:
Don't mention it.

Meanwhile, Iceman was freezing incoming missiles headed for him and Rogue. Running out from behind a damaged car, Rogue attempted to run to the next place but tripped over something and fell to the ground. As she looked up, to her surprise, LOGAN was standing over her.

ROGUE:
Logan? What are you doing here?

LOGAN:
Enjoying the scenery. You?

Logan then took Rogue's hand and helped her up.

LOGAN:
How much time do you guys have?

ROGUE:
Two minutes. Maybe less.

Logan shook his head.

LOGAN:
What the hell is she thinking?

Storm's voice then came into Rogue's earpiece.

STORM: (V.O)
What the hell is Logan doing there?

ROGUE:
I don't know. I thought this session was just for us.

Logan, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, and Nightcrawler all met up. In the distance, they could hear the sound of the giant robots footsteps getting closer. They could see it's glowing eyes through the thick smoke and dust.

ICEMAN:
It's getting closer!

Logan then looked over at Colossus.

LOGAN:
Hey tin man, how good's your throwing arm?

COLOSSUS:
It's decent. What do you have on your mind?

SNIKT!

Logan's claws unearthed from his knuckles.

LOGAN:
Throw me.

STORM: (V.O)
Damn it, Logan! You're not supposed to be involved!

All the others could hear her voice in the earpieces and Colossus now appeared reluctant. Logan noticed his hesitation and narrowed his eyes.

LOGAN:
Do it. Now!

Finally, Colossus grabbed the back of Logan's jacket, spun him around once and threw him as hard as he could up to the robot.

The rest of them could hear the sound of claws ripping metal to shreds and tearing through wires. Finally, the robot's head plops to the ground, Logan riding it all the way. He then leaped off and dusted his shoulders off.

LOGAN:
Class dismissed.

Suddenly, all the fires, the wreaked building and cars began to fade away, becoming...

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

A massive hologram chamber.

The doors then opened and Storm walked in.

STORM:
Alright everyone. I saw a lot of potential from all of you. Unfortunately, due to some interference you were not able to make it to the time limit.

The X-Kids then looked at each other as Logan smirked.

STORM:
Now if you would excuse me, I would like a word with Logan.

Iceman, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Colossus all walked out and Storm rounded on Logan.

STORM:
What the hell was that?

LOGAN:
Danger Room session.

STORM:
You know what I mean. I'm trying to teach these kids something!

LOGAN:
I think I taught 'em something.

STORM:
It was a defensive exercise.

LOGAN:
Well, you know what they say—

STORM:
No, I don't know what they say, Logan. This is a school, you can't just come and go as you please.

Logan then gave Storm a look.

LOGAN:
Hey, Ororo—I'm jus the sub. You gotta problem, talk to Scott.

He then walked around her and left the room.

INT. HALLWAY

He took the elevator up to the third floor, where his bedroom was and just as he did, a door opened and SCOTT SUMMERS left his room with a bag in his hand.

LOGAN:
Well speak of the devil.

Logan then followed Scott down the hall.

LOGAN:
Hey, Scott!

Scott continues on his way.

LOGAN:
What the hell happened to you? They're looking for you downstairs, you didn't show."

Scott turned to him.

SCOTT:
What's it to you?

LOGAN:
For starters, I had to cover your ass.

SCOTT:
Well it's about time you did something around here. I didn't ask you to help.

LOGAN:
No, you didn't—the professor did. I was just passing through, and lucky for you I was.

SCOTT:
So pass through, Logan. It's what you do best.

Scott turned to begin walking again but Logan grabbed his arm.

LOGAN:
Hey!

The other man turned to face him again.

LOGAN:
Look...I know how you feel."

SCOTT:
Don't

LOGAN:
When Jean died-

Scott pulled his arm out of Logan's grip.

SCOTT:
I said don't.

They looked at each other for a moment.

LOGAN:
Maybe it's time to move on.

Scott scoffed and then turned to leave again. Midway down the hall, he called over his shoulder;

SCOTT:
Not everybody heals as fast as you, Logan.
Sign up to rate and review this story