Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Meet Beast

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-08 - Updated: 2011-02-09 - 1217 words

0Unrated
EXT. XAVIER'S OFFICE-DAY


It was going on 11:30 when students started filling out of the Professor's classroom, eager to start their weekend. Ororo's brows furrowed as she waited outside for all of them to exit. As soon as the last student, Kitty Pryde left, going though the wall instead of using the door as usual, she walked in.

ORORO:
Professor?

Xavier turned his wheelchair to face her.

XAVIER:
Yes, Ororo? What is it?

ORORO:
I believe that's the question I came to ask you. It's been three days in a row that you've been letting the kids out early, and not giving them homework. Is everything alright?

Xavier smiled a little, touched by her concern.

XAVIER:
Everything is fine. I'm just a little worried…about Scott.

ORORO:
So he really is leaving?

XAVIER:
I'm afraid so.

INT. FOYER

The two of them left the classroom and headed to the foyer of the mansion. Standing by the front door was the leader of the X-Men, putting on his jacket, looking like he was getting ready to head out.

XAVIER:
Scott?

Scott stopped and turned to look at them.

ORORO:
You weren't thinking about leaving without saying goodbye to us were you?

Scott smiled back.

SCOTT:
I wouldn't dream of it.

He approached her and pulled Ororo into a tight hug. After a minute, they let go of each other and Scott took a deep breath.

SCOTT:
Look, I know I'm leaving you with a heavy burden.

ORORO:
It's no burden-

SCOTT:
Yes it is. I'm sorry that you have to train the kids on your own, but I know you're capable of leading the team. I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't think you could do it.

ORORO:
I appreciate that, Scott.

Xavier then spoke.

XAVIER:
Scott you do realize that if you ever need anything, we'll be here for you.

SCOTT:
Of course.

XAVIER:
You'll always be welcome here.

Scott smiled and leaned down to hug the Professor.

SCOTT:
Goodbye, Professor. Thank you for everything.

XAVIER:
Thank you, Scott.

Scott then gave one last look at them before finally turning to open the door and head out. A few moments later, Xavier and Ororo could hear the sound of a car speeding away from the institute. Ororo then sighed heavily.

ORORO:
I know it sounds selfish, but I really wish he was staying.

XAVIER:
I know.

ORORO:
It's just, I really don't know if I can handle this myself. Leading the team, getting the others ready. It is a big responsibility.

XAVIER:
But Scott is right, you are capable. And I fear that if he doesn't get away from this place now, he may never be ready to lead the team again. He's taken Jean's death so hard.

ORORO:
She was a great friend, my best friend. But with all due respect, Professor, Jean's death has affected us all.

XAVIER:
But some more than others, Scott is a changed man, and Logan…I'm afraid he's getting ready to leave again.

ORORO:
You're surprised? I didn't think he'd stick around for this long.

XAVIER:
Because we're going to be so short staffed, I was hoping he'd stay this time.

ORORO:
Some things are out of your control, Logan is a loner, no matter how much we want him to stay he never will.

She gave him a warm smile in an effort to comfort him. Unbeknownst to them, right down the hall, Logan was standing there and heard every word they said.

INT. NEW'S BUILDING-WASHINGTON D.C

A news building was getting ready for a national televised debate. As the audience came in and cameras got ready, Senator Graydon Creed walked onto the set and sat down at one end of a table.

INT. DRESSING ROOM

Henry McCoy was hanging upside down on the ceiling while reading a magazine. The producer of the event, Alicia Vargas then entered the room.

ALICIA:
Dr. McCoy, we're ready for you now.

Henry dropped down to the floor, landing neatly and his feet and smiled.

HENRY:
Thank you, Mrs. Vargas.

INT. MANSION

Back at the mansion, Bobby and Rogue walked into the student lounge to see many of the kids gathered around the big screen television. Bobby was curious to see what they were watching and saw it was a some political thing.

BOBBY:
Hey, change this crap. Who watches C-SPAN?

PETER:
Be quiet. Dr. McCoy is on today.

That peaked Bobby's interest.

BOBBY:
Really?

ROGUE:
Who's Dr. McCoy?

BOBBY:
He was a teacher here, he left before you came around to go to Washington.

They all then got silent as the debate started. Henry was sitting across the Senator from Delaware, who was beginning to speak.

GRAYDON:
Do you know the threat mutants pose on us?

INT. NEWS BUILDING

HENRY:
They pose the same amount of potential threat as any other human would.

GRAYDON:
Are you sure about that? Just a few weeks ago in Illinois 140 elementary school children were killed, vaporized, because of the presence of a young seven year old boy, a mutant of course.

The Senator then he looked around at the audience of men and women, all of them in awe at the information.

GRAYDON:
Are you telling me, sir, that these people have the same potential danger as any other human?

HENRY:
He's just a boy. He didn't know what he was doing. It was probably the first time his mutation manifested itself.

GRAYDON:
What about the mutant terrorist, Magneto? Remember what he tried to do at Liberty Island not too long ago?

HENRY:
You must understand that we are not all like that. In fact, the reason Magneto's plan failed was due to the interference of mutants.

GRAYDON:
Maybe you're right, but over here I have a report on mortalities and injuries related to mutants.

Graydon pulled out a few pieces of paper and got to his feet.

GRAYDON:
Says here mortality rate has increased by 56 percent over the last decade. Annually 142,000 are killed due to mutants. In my opinion this is quickly becoming humanity's epidemic! We can act now or never, but now is the time to make a difference!

HENRY:
So what, should we just round mutants up in trucks?

However, he was ignored as people around the room clapped their hands together, the majority stood up to applaud the Senator as Hank lowered his eyes.

INT. STUDENT LOUNGE

Back at the school, Bobby turned away from the television as the others continued to watch. Rogue noticed and quickly went after him.

INT. HALLWAY

ROGUE:
Bobby!

Bobby didn't stop so Rogue had to jog to get right next to him.

ROGUE:
Are you alright?

BOBBY:
I'm fine.

ROGUE:
You don't seem fine, did what that guy say upset you?

BOBBY:
I really don't want to talk about it.

ROGUE:
Why?

Rogue reached out and gently grabbed Bobby's hand, taking it into one of her gloved ones.

ROGUE:
Remember how close we were before Alkali Lake? You use to tell me everything, now we hardly talk at all.

Bobby smiled and looks down at his hand in hers.

BOBBY:
Look…I just, want to be alone right now.

He gently took his hand back and got into the elevator. Rogue frowned as the doors closed before slowly turning around and heading back to the lounge.
Sign up to rate and review this story