Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

The Secretary of Mutant Affairs

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-11 - Updated: 2011-02-11 - 775 words

0Unrated
EXT. LOGAN'S BEDROOM

Logan was sitting on his bed, drinking a beer as Rogue suddenly walked by the open door and saw him.

ROGUE:
Logan?

Logan looked over at her.

LOGAN:
Hey.

Rogue walked into the room.

ROGUE:
What are you still doing here?

LOGAN:
Surprised?

ROGUE:
A little. I thought you were heading out again.

Logan shrugged.

LOGAN:
I thinking I might stick around this time.

ROGUE:
Oh yeah? What are you gonna do?

LOGAN:
Well, I overheard the Professor say that this place was gonna be short staffed now that Scott has gone so I-

ROGUE:
What? You're gonna teach?

Rogue started laughing when she pictured Logan standing by a blackboard with a pointer in hand. Even Logan chuckled a little before he took another sip out of his bottle. Then, the laughter stopped and Rogue looked back at him, a question on mind.

ROGUE:
Can we talk?

LOGAN:
Sure. What about?

Rogue sighed.

ROGUE:
Bobby and me, we're…we're not talking like we used to. Not since John left. I think he blames himself for him going with Magneto. John thought he was never really one of us. Maybe he was right.

LOGAN:
You, Bobby, and John. Had to be an odd man out.

Logan took a deep breath

LOGAN:
Rogue, nobody likes to hear this, but people grow apart, especially young people.

Rogue smiled.

ROGUE:
Like you remember being young.

Logan then made a wry little smile at Rogue.

LOGAN:
Are you and Bobby…are you happy?

ROGUE:
We're very happy

LOGAN:
Good. That's good. You hold onto him. You let him know how you feel.

Rogue nodded as she headed back towards the door.

ROGUE:
Thanks Logan.

LOGAN:
Anytime, Rogue.

INT. DRESSING ROOM

Hank took a deep breath as he ran his hand through his mane of blue furry hair, he had accomplished far less than he had hoped. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, getting his attention.

ALICIA:
Dr. McCoy.

HENRY:
Yes?

ALICIA:
Telephone for you.

HENRY:
Can you take a message?

ALICIA:
They say it's from the White House.

Hank looked back at her.

HENRY:
Is this some kind of a joke?

INT. WHITE HOUSE

Hank was being escourted through the hallways of the White House by a SECRET SERVICE MAN until they reached the Oval Office.

INT. OVAL OFFICE

SECRET SERVICE MAN:
Mr. President, Henry McCoy is here.

PRESIDENT MCKENNA got to his feet as he walked over to shake his hand.

PRESIDENT:
Dr. McCoy, thank you for meeting me on such short notice.

HENRY:
It's no problem at all, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT:
Please, have a seat.

Hank took a seat across from the President's desk as McKenna walked over and sat down as well.

PRESIDENT:
Dr. McCoy, I'm going to get right to the point here. Ever since my re-election, the people have been crying out for a solution to this mutant...situation.

Smiling a little, Hank appreciated the President using a different word instead of 'problem.'

HENRY:
Well, I have been hearing about possible reintroduction of the Mutant Registration Act, and I have to tell you, Mr. President, I think that is the wrong way to go.

PRESIDENT:
I agree with you. But mutants are an issue that needs special attention. That's why I've decided to create a mutant's division in my cabinet. A special division that will focus on the mistreatment of mutants, getting mutants help with their powers, and bringing mutant fugitives, like Magneto to justice.

HENRY:
Mr. President, that's sounds like a terrific idea.

PRESIDENT:
I'm glad you think so. And like all divisions in the cabinet, we need a secretary, like the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Treasury. And I was wondering, if you would have any interest in being the Secretary of Mutant Affairs.

Hank stared at the President, stunned at what he had just been asked.

HENRY:
I'm flattered. I course, I accept. But if I may ask, why me?

PRESIDENT:
Well, with all due respect, I think it's fairly obvious that you're a mutant. For this to work, mutants out there need to know this is for real, and you've been on television plenty of times for people to know who you are.

HENRY:
Mr. President, I'm ready to begin as soon as possible. When do I start?

PRESIDENT:
Immediately. In fact, there is one person already eager to join the staff. Senator Robert Kelly has a lot of interest in working with you.

Hank slowly looked up at the President.

HENRY:
Senator Kelly?

PRESIDENT:
Yes. You know who he is right?

HENRY:
Mr. President, there is something you need to know about Senator Kelly.
Sign up to rate and review this story