Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > A SeЯies of Interesting Events

Interesting!

by TheSHM 0 reviews

If a book twice your size falls on your face, and then the world seems to fall apart, what would you do? Notice: Thumbs Up Versions found on FanFiction.Net, Sega of America...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Sonic - Published: 2011-02-05 - Updated: 2011-02-10 - 2213 words

0Unrated
A Series of Interesting Events
By: The Sky Hedgehogian Maestro

Chapter One: Interesting

It was a normal evening in Central Osea Park. Osea is a beautiful coastal city located along a shoreline on the east coast of the United Federation. The air smells of fresh palm trees, and the crashes of ocean waves tickles everyone’s ears.
That day, a huge picnic was sponsored by the city. Throngs of people of all different shapes, sizes, and species arrive to have a good time.
One of those in attendance was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic and his best friend, Tails, sat on top of a hill over looking the entire park. While Tails tinkered on another one of his myriad of mechanical gizmos, Sonic watched in peace as everyone else played in the fields and woods below. That was until a most unusual book fell in Sonic’s face, unleashing a series of interesting events.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Ouch!” the hedgehog yelps. He quickly swats the book off of his face. Tails, working beside him, looks up and scratches his head, stumped, upon sight of the book.
“Sonic, uh...where’d that book come from?”
“Beats me.” Sonic cautiously taps the book with his pinky finger as if the book is an explosive. The book is twice his size and appears aged. It’s colours are faded pinks, lavenders, and ivories. Several yellow, crinkled pages sit uneven with the rest. Many odd, alien symbols and unintelligible cursive words cover its bent spine.
“It couldn’t have just fallen from the sky like that, right?” Tails takes another close look at the book. His head is abuzz with theories. The most frustrating thing about this book is that he cannot understand the words on its spine.
“Weird thing is,” Sonic begins, excessively sarcastic, “that’s what happened! But there’s no would it should have.” Sonic attempts to pick up the book. Within seconds, his muscles began to ache. The seemingly weak and old book weighs more than he thought. “At least, not in my book!”
Tails scratches his chin for a second, thinking about just how such an odd and random occurrence could have possibly happened. He looks up at the red sky above. Aside from crimson wisps of clouds dancing across the sky, it’s empty. No way it could have been a plane or helicopter. If it were from a UFO, there’s no UFO to show for it. No birds. Not even a kite. And no ordinary wind gust could have possibly picked up something that heavy. It isn’t even windy.
“Let’s take this unidentified flying book back to your workshop,” Sonic suggests in his usual smug tone.
“Good idea, but what about the picnic basket?”
“What’s the worst that could happen?” Tails looks back at their basket, slightly comforted but still doubtful.
Oh well. I guess nothing’ll happen. Sonic has created a sizeable gap between himself and Tails.
“C’mon, Tails!” Sonic shouts from the distance, his echoed voice faded against the backdrop of the hundreds of other chatting voices. Tails looks back one more time. He shrugs and begins running down the hill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes after they leave their spot, the deviously cunning Dr. Robotnik sneaks up to the once inhabited space and accidentally steps in a picnic basket full of sandwiches, chips, and chili dogs. Tons and tons of chili dogs.
“Who put this ... chili dogs? Only one person I know would have thought to have brought this many chili dogs to a picnic! Sonic the Hedgehog!!” the mad doctor grumbles as he clenches his fists.
Robotnik pulls out a small, ray gun-like pistol. “ Aha... my lovely Chronus Ray! A device that can slow down the passage of time in any one specific area, such as... the space around Sonic the Hedgehog! This will render even his fastest dash as slow as a sleeping snail! Now where is he....”

Eggman looks around, thinking that Sonic may be among the hordes of humans and anthros elsewhere in the park. He aims the Chronus Ray at the crowd, then fires. A dark indigo laser rushes from the nozzle and spreads out like a wild hose . However the ray dissipates after only two meters. People, startled by the blue flash, turn their attention to the egg-shaped madman.
“NO! I thought I fixed that problem!!” Robotnik goes on a temper tantrum, slamming his foot down repeatedly and growling angrily. Veins flex on his bald head.
Unfortunately for the Eggman, six police officers are patrolling nearby. They notice what they assume is a handgun. They don’t waste time. They sprint for Robotnik and, before he can react, push him to the ground. Robotnik’s face is wiped across the dirt. He spits out bits of grass and broken autumn leaves. However, he is unable to stop the policemen from forcing handcuffs and shackles on him.
“Looks like we finally gotcha’, Eggman!” says one officer.
“I guess we don’t need Sonic to stop you,” adds another.
“YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO RESTRAIN ME FOREVER! I WILL ESCAPE, AND WHEN I DO, YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU UNLEASHED THE WRATH OF DR. EGGMAN!!!” Robotnik screams as he is lifted to his feet.
“Oh please, do you even have any wrath left?” one officer tauntingly asks. This police officer is referring to the most recent attack by Eggman on the Sonic heroes. Team Rose, Amy, Cream, and Big, defeated Eggman and his latest plans for world domination all by themselves without any help at all from Sonic or any of his friends.
“Um. Yes, I do, a little. But even a little of my wrath is enough to strike fear and terror in the hearts of millions!!”
“Well, now, Eggy, um... Your wrath will have to wait a few decades to strike fear and terror in the hearts of anybody.” Robotnik is led towards a high security police van.
“Whoo wee! If you want to know about something that can strike fear and terror in the hearts of millions, try some of my Aunt Matilda’s homemade spicy chili,” says one cop. “It will redefine ‘gas warfare’.” Dr. Eggman blankly stares at the man. That was obviously too much information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Chronus Ray is laying on the ground, right where Robotnik. had been taken down. Amy and Cream just so happen to walk by.
Cream is upset today because Cheese is ill and had to stay home. So, of course, Cream isn’t planning on staying out too long. But Cream, at least in a place as far away as Osea, doesn’t know her way home, so Amy is there to help her home.

“Amy! Amy! Look!” Cream points to the police busting Robotnik. Robotnik grabs the bars of a window, throwing a psychotic scowl at the two as they stare back at him with somewhat nervous but calm stares.
“Wow, I never thought the police would be the ones to stop Eggman someday.” Amy trips and falls to the ground. Cream gasps, then rushes to help her up.
“Amy, are you all right?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. Huh?” Amy notices the Chronus Ray. “What’s this?” Amy picks up the ray and rubs it once. There is no Eggman insignia on the Chronus Ray.
“It looks like a...water gun,” replies Cream in more of a question than a statement.
“I’m not surprised. I bet some kid dropped it by accident,” presumes Amy. There were a lot of children at the park during the picnic, so it’s easy to think that one of them accidentally lost what appears to Cream and Amy to be a water gun.
“Do you think they’re still here?” Cream asks in her ever-friendly tone.
“I’d doubt it. Even though Eggman got his stinky egg butt busted, it looks like everyone’s leaving anyway. Besides, it is getting late. We should probably just hold onto it for now.” She gives it to Cream, who looks at it for a moment. Amy stumbles over Sonic and Tails’s picnic basket.
“Ah!” Amy cries out. She kicks the basket over. “I can’t believe some people would just leave their trash in the middle of the park for others to trip on!” Amy picks up the basket and throws it into a nearby garbage can. A garbage man came in, right on cue, and picked up the same trash can and dumped it into a garbage truck. “I hope no one had anything important in there.” Meanwhile, Cream has been ignoring Amy, hypnotized by the bizarreness of the “water” gun.
“It .... sure doesn’t look like a water gun,” points out Cream, noticing how shiny the “water” gun is.
“A lot of things don’t look like water guns,” replies Amy. Cream thinks for a moment, then decides to see whether or not it really was a water gun - by squirting what should be water on Amy!
Cream aims it at her back and fires. A blue flash shoots out instead. Cream doesn’t initially notice the flash as not being water. She giggles for a second, but notices that Amy wasn’t even wet. She was still moving, but ... almost comically slow. Amy, after 10 seconds, begins to blink and turn around to just begin to notice that Cream fired the “water” gun. However, the blink takes over 5 seconds to complete.
“Amy, w-what’s wrong? Why are you walking like that?” Cream accidentally hits a button on the ray gun. “A...Amy? A..are you okay?” Cream, getting a little freaked out by Amy’s unusual behaviour, accidentally fires the ray gun again. Amy then turns around and-
"Creamwhatdidyoudo
didyoutryfiringwateratme
thatwaspretty
rudeofyoubesides
yourmothersaidyoushouldn't
beplayingwith
someoneelse'stoyswithoutpermission
Ithoughtyouknewbetterthanthayourmotherwouldbe
soashamedofyou."

Cream stares at Amy, struggling and failing to understand anything Amy has just said.’ Amy then walks off at a tremendous speed. She is walking faster than a speeding 150 mile-per-hour police car that was racing away from a dozen other police- Wait, was that Eggman?

Cream is running, sprinting at her top speed just to keep up, while Amy was walking rather groggily. Amy stops abruptly and a sprinting, panting Cream doesn’t notice in time. She skids into a rusty green dumpster. Amy stops to look back, then notices Cream. She is moves like a bee, with most of her movements becoming extremely jerky.
“Creamareyouokay?!” She runs at what would be supersonic speeds to the dumpster and pulls Cream out. Cream is mildly disoriented. After a few moments, Amy stops moving so rapidly.
“Amy! You...You stopped!” Cream is stunned and a bit scared.
“I stopped what?” A question mark nearly appears above Amy’s head. She’s heard many weird things but that was the weirdest thing she’s ever heard anyone say.
“Moving like Sonic!”
“Huh? Uh...okaaay...” Amy makes a mental note to not let Cream eat any more than 3 lollipops in one hour ever again. “Hey, where did the water gun go?”
“It must be in the dumpster!” All of a sudden, a garbage truck comes and picks up the dumpster, emptying all of its contents, including the ray gun, into the back storage of the truck. The truck then drives away casually.
“Well that’s great,” Amy sighs. “How are we supposed to return the toy?” And at that moment, Cream began to cry as she felt guilty about what she had unintentionally done. “Ack! Cream! It’s all right! It’s all right! Don’t worry! Besides, whoever lost it will probably get a new one.” Cream sniffles.
“Are you sure?” she stutters, sniffling.
“Never been more!” Amy then glances at a clock fixed on a building. It’s 7 o’clock. The sky is a deep red and the sun is below the horizon. In other words- Amy, and Sonic, is late for a certain something.
“Oh my gosh! I’ve gotta get to that Station Square beauty salon! I’m so late!!”
“Why? What’s wrong?”
“Sonic promised to meet me there for a night date in Station Squa- did I say promise? I meant SWORE to meet me there! And if he’s late again...” Amy, eyes squinted in anger, suggestively beats the palm of her hand with her Piko Piko Hammer.
“BUT! Sonic would never miss it for the world! After all, it is me he’s going out with!” Twinkles appear in Amy’s eyes.
“I hope it goes well Amy!”
“It had better. Oh well, I guess I should head to the salon right now. It’s all the way on the other side of the country and my appointment was 5 minutes ago.”
“Wow! How are you going to get there in time?”
“Well...” Amy flashes a Chaos Emerald with a devious smile.
“No way!”
“Yes way!”
“Are you really going to...”
“You’d better believe I am! I won’t let Sonic, Shadow, and Silver have all the fun!” Amy begins to run off.
“I wish you luck, Amy!” Cream waves with both hands as Amy waves back.
“Thanks, Cream! See you lateeeer!” Amy becomes earshot.
“Bye- heeey!!” Cream remembers at the last possible moment- what happened to walking her home?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo~OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo
Sign up to rate and review this story