Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > A SeЯies of Interesting Events

Chaotic Events

by TheSHM 0 reviews

The story continues... and it only gets weirder and weirder as characters come pouring in, creating a maelstrom of chaos!

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-02-05 - Updated: 2011-02-06 - 2878 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Chaotic Events

OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo~OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo

Amy sprints towards the west side of Osea, where she plans to initiate Chaos Control all by herself for the first time. She runs past the same dumptruck from earlier. It is driving smoothly along a highway until a police car crashes into its side at full speed. It is damaged it greatly; tons of garbage leaks out. The freed Robotnik jumps out of the car and into the truck, forcing its driver out. The driver unfortunately looks similar to Eggman. Eggman himself pushed him into the flaming wreckage of the car. As Eggman drives away in his new wheels, the police surrounded the poor driver, who raises his hands in submissive fear. Eggman doesn't get far, as Knuckles, who just so happens to be in Osea, demolishes the front of the truck with one, brutal punch.

OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo~OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo

"What the- Knuckles? No!" Robotnik hops out of the truck. The hood has been crushed inwards and a small fire cackles near the windshield. The door Robotnik pushes to get out falls. Before his feet can even touch the ground, he is grabbed by the neck by Knuckles.

"Where do you think YOU'RE going?" Knuckles punches Robotnik in the gut. Robotnik halves over as a massive shockwave of pure pain immobilizes his entire body. As Knuckles aims for Robotnik's face, a Master Emerald shard falls out of one of Robotnik's coat pockets. Knuckles then punches Robotnik a second time. Unfortunately for Robotnik, right in the direction of the police, who were about to apprehend the unlucky look-a-like driver.

"So looky at what we have here, eh!" announces a, perhaps Canadian, officer.

"What a creep." Knuckles walks past the demolished garbage truck, thinking nothing more of it. But then, the shard Knuckles glows a soft emerald color- a sign of a nearby emerald shard! "What? Another piece of the Master Emerald must be near here! But where?" He runs back to the truck. The shard glows brightest when it passes over a piece of debris strewn out from the damaged truck- a ray gun. "This toy gun... No way." Knuckles drives his knuckles into the side of the gun and cracks the ray gun in two.

Inside is a brilliantly glowing shard of the Master Emerald, hooked up to a time drive.

"This has Eggman all over it." Knuckles throws the shattered ray gun down and leaves with the two shards in hand.

Without any warning, a gigantic, red butterfly net entraps him. "WHAT THE... You've gotta be kidding me! WHAT ARE THOSE REJECTS DOING HERE NOW?" Knuckles is referring to Team Chaotix. They have been searching for him after a picture of what looked like a red echidna was seen robbing a bank of a priceless jewel. Someone offered the Chaotix a particularly large sum of money to capture Knuckles. The person seemed to know that it was Knuckles who committed the crime. Or perhaps this person was simply assuming Knuckles is the criminal.

Vector, who had just caught Knuckles with his comically oversized net, whistles Espio and Charmy to regroup.

"Well boys, looks like it's finally payday!" smarts Vector. His gruff voice irritates Knuckles. If he had ears, veins would be visible on them.

"Good thing he destroyed the garbage truck when he did, or else we never would have found him in time," points out Espio.

Knuckles's right eye twitches. "OK, look, I'll give ya'...10 seconds. 10 seconds... before you die."

"I'd hate to burst your butt veins, Knux, but you've been charged with robbery," Vector adds, arms folded. He stands cocky and triumphant.

"W-what? That's insane! Guys, you know me! I'd never do something like that," Knuckles shouts, shock and confusement present in his voice. "Let me go right now!"

"Nice try, thief! But we won't give in to your evil, lamebrained demands, EVER!" Is this Charmy's best attempt at annoying Knuckles? Because it's working.

"Whatchu' say, brat?" Knuckles has had enough. He grabs and rips the net using his knuckles.

"Hey! I paid good money for that net!" Knuckles grabs and rips off Vector's headphones. The force throws Vector back. He growls as he grabs his ears in pain.

"This time you guys are going to get it right up your-"

"Drop the croc." Knuckles, blind with anger, swiftly about faces. Espio stares back at him, armed with 6 highly sharpened shuriken blades aimed at Knuckles.

"I get it! Today you WANT get dropped!" Knuckles is furious. He clashes his fists together. Espio raises his arms, ready to throw the shuriken blades. Knuckles trounces on him faster than he can react.

Knuckles's fist connects into Espio's face. Espio tries to sidestep out of the way of another punch, but fails and is thrown to the ground. A red streak is all Vector sees as Knuckles smashes his fist into his gut. Charmy rushes to Knuckles as rams the echidna in his shoulder. But then Knuckles grabs Charmy's head and throws him into the air. As he comes back down, Knuckles grabs Espio by his legs, throws him into Charmy, and slide kicks Vector. Vector falls to the ground. Charmy lands on top of him. Espio tops the pile up. Team Chaotix has just been defeated in 4 seconds.

"Retreat!" The Chaotix run like cowards into a stub, dead-end alley. They back up to the wall. Knuckles charges at them like a mad, empty-eyed bull.

"Hurry! Build a wall!" Charmy cries at the last possible second. The 3, moving at hyper speed, somehow build a red brick wall right at the alley entrance. Where they got bricks from is a cartoon mystery.

"Ha! Can't get past this one, eh Big Red Butt?" taunts Vector as he checks his fingernails in a smug victory. The Chaotix really must Knuckles to drop them today.

"STUPID #$&#%&* WALL!" Knuckles hisses as he charges the wall, breaking it all down in one single, rage filled punch. The Chaotix scream in utter fear and terror. They hold each other as Knuckles goes to town.

OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo~OoOo~OoOoOo~OoOoOoOo~OoOo

The broken net, of all things, is the stumbler of the infamous Shadow the Hedgehog, world famous G.U.N. agent and Sonic the Hedgehog doppelganger.

But the ebony and black hedgehog barely notices. He looks on at the scrap between Knuckles and the Chaotix scowling. He folds his arms and sighs. Pity fills his sigh.

"Imbeciles. Always fighting over nothing." Shadow picks the net and looks back at the alley. He walks away with the ripped net. Down the road, he meets up with Rouge and Omega, who were waiting for him near an ice cream parlor. Omega had recently joined GUN after it he was nearly destroyed in an ambush by Eggman on a GUN base some time back- the aforementioned Team Rose adventure.

"Here, Rouge, it's the net you wanted for... whatever you wanted it for."

"Shadow, are you serious? I can't use this!" Rouge scoffs. Shadow groans. She may be his friend, but this oddjob she has him doing is ridiculous.

"You asked for a net, I got you a net. I have better things to do with my time right now than to look for nets."

"Oh come on! Don't you even want to-"

"No! Do it on your time. If GUN were to issue a critical mission and I couldn't complete it because I'm searching for a net..." Shadow doesn't finish the sentence before walking away.

Beep beep! Beep beep! A mission has been called in. Rouge checks a communicator in her glove.

"Mhm hm. Yes. Ok. We'll tell 'im, Commander." Rouge whispers something to Omega, a restrained laugh hiding behind her lips.

"Shadow, you must return. You must feel the stinging irony of the Commander's orders," Omega monotonously calls.

"What now?" If what Omega said is true, then...

"The mission issued for you to complete today is... to locate and procure 1 brand new, 20 foot by 20 foot red net." As Omega finished the mission briefing, one could almost hear the veins throbbing out of Shadow's head.

"Wow, that is stinging irony," returns Rouge. She drags this net by Shadow to increase his embarrassment. It is, in fact, red. And it is 20 feet by 20 feet. One thing's for sure, though. It definitely is NOT brand new anymore. Shadow recognizes Rouge's mind game and refuses to be drawn in.

"If the Commander has asked us to do it, then it must be worth doing. Where are we supposed to find another huge net like this one?" Shadow's tone is gray and serious. There is no variation of emotion in his voice.

"Hmm...I don't... Ah! The petite purple princess has one!" Rouge chirps, snapping her fingers.

"Who? Blaze?" Shadow doesn't recall Princess Blaze being the kind of person who would own an unnecessarily large, red net. In fact, she's kind of like him- the kind of person who would probably be annoyed by such a sight.

"Exact-a-mundo," Rouge playfully replies. She's enjoying every minute, every aspect of this.

"If that's the case, you know where to find me. I'm going into that cat's royal palace and taking that stupid red net, whether she wants me to or not." Shadow begins walking towards the coast. He hold out the red Chaos Emerald. "Chaos-"

"Well, if you really want to have an entire kingdom shooting at you, don't come crying to me saying it was my fault you got shot to shreds."

"I don't care. For reasons their own, GUN leaders want a big, red net, so I'll have to give them one, no matter the costs. And Blaze-"

As if by divine intervention, a certain purple cat comes across the three. However, it is not Princess Blaze. In fact, it is Big! And guess what he has on him today! One brand spanking new- Big. Red. Net.

"Great, do I have to..." Shadow becomes silent. He pinches the area between his eyes, and walks up to Big. He sighs and mutters, "Why couldn't it have just been the cat girl? Why does it have to be...-Big! Listen! I'm on an important assignment for GUN, the Guardian Units of Nations," Shadow speaks in a slower pace, "and one of their leaders is requesting a big-red-net. And you have exactly what I need! So...pl..ple...pleas..please...may I have...the net..?"

"Hmm...If I give you my net, will you give me ice cream?" Big smiles ear to ear, eyes closed.

"WHAT?! J-just give me the net you- ...No...Shadow, control yourself... I just have to finish this farce already...YES! If you give me the net, I will give you ice cream," Shadow growls. The hedgehog is a water heater, with the pressure inside of him rising at a dangerous rate.

"Okey Dokey!" Big stands in front of Shadow. He scratches the back of his head and rolls his eyes, humming. A vein pops out of Shadow's forehead. His patience wears thin. Very, very thin.

"...Well? The net?" Shadow demands.

"You give me ice cream first!" Shadow puts his foot down.

"ARGH! Okay...Just give the dullard his treat and we'll be done with it." Shadow briskly walks for a nearby ice cream parlour. He originally planned to just take the net and walk off, but Big threw a gigantic monkey wrench in that plan. Rouge begins to say,

"How's the-"

"Shut up." Shadow walks to the parlor, looking down.

"Hmph. Somebody's feelin' a bit grumpy today." Rouge thinks for a second. "Oh, Omega!" She calls in a singsong voice. "I have a great idea! Let's play a little game!" Rouge holds out a pass for a one day paid vacation. "Winner gets a day off. Loser tells Shadow the news."

"I accept your challenge."

In the ice cream shop...
"Hey there. What can I get for you?" the clerk asks. He's young, perhaps no older than seventeen. His face, however, is clear of pimples and facial hair. The parlor hat he's wearing bears strong resemblance to the NiGHTS hat. Shadow picks out a random vanilla ice cream cone, ignoring the multitude of frozen smells and sweet treats surrounding him in the shot. He walks out with it, passing up Rouge and Omega with their ripped red net on the ground. He then presents the ice cream cone to Big, who has his new red net on the ground as well. Shadow flinches. If only he could just take it and run...

"Here's your ...ugh...ice cream. Now give me that net now." Shadow mulls over swiping the net while he can.

"But there's no sprinkles!" Big whines.

"No! You've gotten your ice cream! NOW GIVE ME THAT NET!" Shadow's muscles trying to force his brain to steal the net while it's unprotected.

"Gimme a cone with sprinkles, then I'll give you my the net!" Big happily chirps.

"Son of a..." Shadow takes a deep inhale and walks away. "What was the Commander thinking?" He walks back inside the shop. He comes out with a sprinkled ice cream cone. He presents it to Big.

"Mmm..." Big stares at the colourful cone. His eyes suggest frustration.

"What is it now?" Shadow screams. Rouge giggles in the background.

"This is vanilla! I wanted chocolate!" Big folds his arms and sits on a car, causing it to tilt sharply into the air. The car alarm wails.

"Urrrggghh!" Shadow grabs his head and walks back to the ice cream parlour. " Must...resist...killing urges..."

"What? Is he going to do that all day?" ponders Rouge. "Ugh, I have a game to win, Shadow." Shadow comes out with a chocolate ice cream cone and once again, presents it to Big.

"This is your last chance! Here's your dumb ice cream treat. Now give me the net!" Shadow clenches his fist.

"You forgot the sprinkles!" Shadow loses it. He lunges at Big, but stops himself mid jump. Anger, once flooding his face, drains. A feeling of calm overcomes him.

"This... this is for the mission...The mission...the mission...the mission... I can't let frustration overwhelm myself again... Not... Not like last time." Shadow runs for parlour again with a new outlook on life.

"Is he going to be OK?" asks Rouge.

"Shadow has been through far worse," replies Omega. "He is made to withstand pressures greater than anything we can inflict."

"Hmph. Why did I even ask?" Rouge smiles warmly at Omega and winks at Big. She then returns her attention to Shadow.

Shadow dashes madly, nearly knocking over several people. He skids in front of Big and holds out the sprinkle covered chocolate ice cream cone as calmly as he possibly can.

Big doesn't take it.

"Umm..." Big stands up, and the parked car comes crashing down. Shadow's tolerance for Big's simplemindedness grows nanoscopically thin.

"T...T.. TAKE THE **** ICE CREAM CONE!" Shadow curses.

"Shadow, language!" Rouge mockingly gasps, as if she has never heard the stressed hedgehog shout obscenities before.

"Hmmm...Does it have cookie dough in it?" Big asks out of curiousity.

"Ew," Rouge comments. "Cookie dough in ice cream? Disgusting." Shadow falls to his knees.

"I can't believe this!" He pounds the ground. His head slowly begins lifting up. The net is reflected in his eyes. Every muscle in his body lunges towards the net, but the hedgehog himself stays kneeled. He slowly picks himself up.

"Nope. He's not going to be OK."

"I have been wrong before. Inversely, I have never failed before," Omega gloats in his usual emotionless monotone.

"Shut your trap, Omega. Shadow's bound to lose it all any second now."

Shadow rams the ice-cream parlour door down and jumps over the counter. He shoves a bunch of cookie dough bits into the ice cream and runs back outside and shoves it in Big's mouth.

"There's your ice cream! Now please. The net?" Big spits it out.

"It's too soft. I want hard ice cream!"

Shadow groans in disgust. He once again runs to the Ice Cream parlour, repeats the earlier steps, except that he gets the chocolate, sprinkled covered, cookie dough infested ice cream cone. He also makes sure it didn't melt first as well. He brings it to Big.

"Here's the ice cream! N..Now! T..the net!"

"Mmm! Um..." Big looks at the fresh ice cream cone. His eyes squint slightly, as if he is scrutinizing every square inch of the cone.

"What? WHAT?"

"I changed my mind! I want plain vanilla!"

"CHAOS!" Golden bolts of static electricity race around his clamped hands, forming a huge sphere of pure energy that continues to swell in size. Shadow swiftly jumps into the air and aims the chaos spear at Big.

"Shadow, stop it! Just get the cat his ice cream and we'll be done," Rouge pleads.

"Ice cream? Okay! Fine! Why don't I just give him GUN to go with it?" Shadow screams at Rouge.

"OK!"

"What?" Shadow turns around, praying he didn't hear what he thinks he just heard. If Big opened his mouth, Shadow swears to God, if Big really opened his worthless mouth...

"Give me GUN and 2 chocolate, sprinkled, cookie dough-filled ice cream cones and I'll give you my net!" Big chirps once again.
Sign up to rate and review this story