Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dear Agony

Dear Agony

by IsisBane 5 reviews

Cadence puts her life into her journal. Her letters to no one in particular mean everything to her. So what would happen if someone read them by accident?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-01-29 - Updated: 2011-01-30 - 1405 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Those eyes. I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen someone with eyes like his. They were a bright hazel color that lit up when he smiled. Of course, the only time I'd ever seen him smile was when he was with that repulsive little bastard Frank who lived across the street from me. I wondered if he had already known Frank when he moved in next door, since they seemed pretty close. I'd find out when we got back in school, for sure. But what if he didn't even go to my school? I would surely return to my dull life of walking through the hallways alone, waiting for school to end so I could go home and sit in my room and continue to write. I wished with all of my essence that I'd get to see him every day, just like I can now.

Maybe I'd finally learn his name. I know that he's heard mine before. Frank had yelled something to me while I was sitting on my front steps, and he'd used my name. I refused to even acknowledge him and continued to read my book in peace, no matter how he tried to taunt me. We disliked each other, and it would always be that way. We were never cruel, but I don't think we'd ever even smiled at each other. I hoped that maybe one day I could leave here and not have to deal with him.

As I stared out my window at him, I tried to imagine what it would be like to see him face to face. Of course, he'd probably never talk to me. Even if he did, I wouldn't know what to say. I've always been so shy. I would just freeze up. I wondered what his voice sounded like. It was probably like heaven. Maybe I could try to talk to him. If just to hear him speak.

I turned and looked back into my room. The bare walls were a dull gray color that would be depressing to most people. I thought it looked nice. I would have to, of course. I practically lived in that tiny bedroom. My mother didn't mind. My father was always gone. So why would I leave my only sanctuary? The only real color in my room was the lavender carpet.

I glanced back out the window and caught one last glance at him. I smiled for a moment before turning going to my closet. I pulled out my favorite black hoodie and slipped it on. On my way out my door I quickly grabbed my leather journal that I kept my letters in and a pencil. I walked down the stairs and out my front door.

As I closed it, I looked up to see if he was still outside. He was no longer at Frank's house, so I looked over my shoulder wondering if maybe he went home. He was probably inside, considering the only person I saw was his younger brother. I sighed in disappointment and sat down on the top step of my small porch. I opened up my journal and started to write.

This wretched little town has somehow gotten a little better. There's finally someone new in the neighborhood. I don't know his name yet, and I haven't met him. But he seems nice enough. I just hope Frank doesn't corrupt him.

I see him a lot from my bedroom window. I don't know anything about him yet, but I really want to meet him. I do know he has a younger brother, but that's about it. I wonder if maybe--


My writing was interrupted by the feeling of someone standing over me. I looked up to see the boy from next door. I smiled awkwardly, but didn't say hello. I looked back down at my journal and hoped he would leave.

"Hi", he said cheerfully. "My name's Mikey."

I smiled weakly and looked back up at him. "Nice to meet you. My name's Cadence", I said quietly. I hated talking to people I didn't know. I just never knew what to say.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" he asked hopefully.

I blinked. Did he think we were going to have an actual conversation? Maybe he would go away if I didn't answer him. I thought about it for a moment. I might be shy, but I wasn't rude. I shrugged. "If you want to, you can."

Mikey took a seat next to me. I glanced at him. He was kind of cute. Like a little kid. Of course, being sixteen, everyone who was younger than me seemed kind of like a kid. His glasses were almost at the end of his nose, which I though was sort of funny in it's own way. Maybe he wouldn't be hard to talk to.

I held my journal close to me, feeling that I needed to be guarded. "So you moved in next door, right?" I asked. I already knew the answer to that question, but I needed some kind of topic.

He nodded. "Yep. My parents are still adjusting, but I'm already used to it for the most part. I really like it here."

I smiled. "That's good. It's a nice neighborhood. I've lived here my entire life, so I'm definitely used to it." I brushed my hair away from my face, still feeling slightly nervous around him. It wasn't easy to talk to anyone, so I was surprised I was even able to talk to Mikey as much as I already had.

Mikey chuckled quietly. "It's nice to be around other people that are close to my age. I mean, you're next door and my brother's friend Frank is across the street. I think I might actually enjoy myself this summer."

I nodded. "Well, I hope you do.”

Mikey smiled. “Thanks”, he said. He looked over at my journal. “What are you writing?” he asked curiously.

I shrugged, not really knowing how to explain it. Instead of using my journal like a diary, I write letters. I guess it’s the same thing, it just feels more personal. I feel like I’m writing to someone who could read my mind if they wanted to, so I have nothing to hide. It’s not like a diary where I would worry that someone might read it. Because these are just letters. I guess it’s all psychological. Even still, they mean everything to me.

I thought for a moment, until my answer just seemed logical in the first place. “I’m writing a letter”, I said.

He cocked his head to the side slightly. “A letter? Nobody writes those anymore. Who are you writing to?”

I sighed. “I guess I’m writing to myself. It’s kind of hard to explain.”

Mikey nodded. “That’s okay. I’m not really sure that I want to understand”, he said, chuckling. He glanced down at his watch. “I’ve got to get going. It was nice meeting you, Cadence”, he said, standing. “I’ll see you around. Maybe you’ll get to meet my brother if he ever actually socializes with someone other than Frank.”

I laughed quietly. “Did your brother know Frank before your family moved here? Because they already seem pretty close.”

He nodded. “Yeah. Gerard’s known Frank for a long time. I’ll have to drag him across the street to meet you sometime during the week. I think it’ll be good for him to talk to someone else.”

I smiled. “That does help sometimes.”

He laughed and started walking back towards his house. He turned back and waved at me. “See ya!” he called.

I wiggled my fingers in a small effort to wave back at him. As soon as he was out of sight, I quickly opened my journal again.

I finally know his name. I’ve met his brother, so it won’t be long before I’ll actually get to see him face to face. After two weeks, I’ll finally get to meet Gerard.


I had the idea to write this a long time ago... I just didn't feel like making it into a story. But after sitting in front of my computer with nothing to do on a Saturday night, I did it. And I'm pretty proud of what I've come up with so far. R&R plz! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story