Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dear Agony

Christie Road

by IsisBane 2 reviews

Sometimes, you feel like nothing can stop you...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-02-07 - Updated: 2011-02-08 - 1277 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Happy Monday!! I've spent the entire weekend hanging out with my cousins and hoping they would possibly walk in front of a moving bus... but other than that, things are absolutely perfect. I've been so inspired to write, and I finally have a chance to right now. And for those who might be possibly wondering about the title of this chapter, I do in fact know that it's a Green Day reference. It's an amazing song, and I really wanted to use Christie Road in this for some reason. So here we go... be ready for my lame attempt at writing once again! :)


I hugged myself tightly as a breeze passed by me, sending shivers down my spine. I looked down the empty railroad tracks, hoping I wouldn't have to wait too much longer. Even though it was late June, it was usually cold this late in the evening. But I knew that as sure as I left, she'd be there.

It wasn't like I could see very far down the tracks with all of the trees and overgrowth, so it didn't do me any good to sit there and strain my neck in hopes to get a glimpse past them. I looked at my watch for a moment. I groaned inwardly at the time and sat down on the rail.

I'd been waiting for almost an hour since the time I'd agreed to meet her, and it was getting darker by the minute. The sun had already dipped low past the trees, so I could no longer see it. There was enough light for me to see right at that moment, but if she didn't hurry, I'd have to head home.

My heart rate had slowed after I closed my eyes and relaxed, but that didn't change the fact that I was freezing my ass off. I tried thinking of something that would take my mind off of the rapidly dropping temperature. My thoughts drifted off into what seemed to be oblivion. I wished I had brought my journal with me, but for now I was just thinking about Mikey's older brother. God knows I would give anything to know him, or at least to hear him speak. I held onto the hope that maybe next time I talked to Mikey he'd be around.

I lost myself in my own mind and practically drifted off to sleep. I was jolted back into reality, however.

"Cadence?" A soft voice said. "Are you awake?"

I nodded and opened my eyes tiredly. "I'm awake. I was just waiting for you."

My best friend was standing over me, a slightly concerned look on her face. Her blond hair fell in her face a little, covering one of her eyes. "You look so tired. Do you want me to take you home? We can just do this tomorrow if you'd like."

I shook my head. "No, we can still go. I just had my eyes closed. You know how that makes me after a while." I stood and brushed the dirt off of my pants. I looked over my shoulder and down the tracks. "Let's get going. I don't wanna be stuck here too long after dark."

She nodded in agreement and started to walk in the direction of the crossroad. I paused for a moment before following after her. I chuckled quietly as I tried to keep up. "Jesus, Monty. You seem pretty eager to get there tonight."

She stopped and turned. "Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't notice you were that far behind me. I just wanted to get there on time."

I shrugged. "It's okay. I should be going a little faster anyway. We'll miss it if I keep this pace."

I picked up speed a bit to walk next to her. She looked over at me. “I can’t believe we actually found time to do this”, she said, chuckling quietly. In all reality, I was thinking the same thing. Even though it had been summer for almost a month now, we hadn’t really seen each other. There was no real reason for us not to talk, we just didn’t. That’s why I called her and asked if she wanted to go down to the tracks. At least then we could talk for a while.

I nodded in agreement and zipped up my hoodie in an attempt to get a little warmer. “We need some time together. That’s why I suggested it.”

Montgomery kept her eyes focused straight ahead. I knew I would be treading on thin ice if I tried to get an explanation. There were some things that were meant to be kept secret. And this was one of them. I glanced up at the tracks in front of me. The crossroad was looming up ahead.

I looked back at Monty. “What time do you think its coming?” I asked, knowing she was wondering the same exact thing.

She shrugged. “How should I know? It doesn’t matter that it has a set time. It’s always late or early. But I have a feeling it’s going to be late considering we haven’t been crushed by it yet.”

I laughed quietly and started to jog in order to get there faster. I saw that little beat-up car that had been there forever just sitting, completely abandoned yet again. I found it comforting that nothing here ever changed. Everything was always the same, and it would always be like that to me.

Monty kept her pace from before, still behind me. I rolled my eyes and climbed onto the car. The chipped paint scratched my legs a little, but I didn’t care. I laid back on it and got comfortable. I heard the distant sound of the train. It was pretty far away still, but at least it was coming.

Montgomery made her way to the little car. I held out my hand and she took it. I pulled her up and she lay next to me and chuckled. “We haven’t done this in so long”, she said, a small smile crossing her face.

I nodded quietly and looked up at the dark sky. I felt the car vibrate a little and smiled. “Here it comes”, I said.

We both sat up. I looked down the opposite end of the tracks to see the train coming around the corner. It wasn’t coming fast, but it wasn’t slow either. It was just enough to make the ground shake without making us fall off of the car. I pulled my knees up to my chest and watched it come closer to us.

My heart pounded as the adrenaline rushed through my body. It quickly reached us, and I started laughing from the feeling. It was completely amazing. I felt so alive. It was like all of my senses were enhanced to the maximum level. I looked over at Monty. She was grinning and giggling.

I felt like I could do anything. If I could sit in front of a train without getting scared to death, I cold conquer any of my fucked up fears. Like talking to Mikey’s big brother. What was the big deal about that anyway? He’s just a person. Would it kill me to welcome him to the neighborhood or something?

I made up my mind that I’d at least try. What could it hurt to be friendly?


Yuck... I feel like a zombie now. I hope you guys liked it :) It gets better nexxt chapter, by the way. R&R plz? I have more imaginary cookies than you could even dream of!!
Sign up to rate and review this story