Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Last Chance

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-11 - Updated: 2011-02-12 - 1049 words

0Unrated
EXT. FOREST-EVENING

How skillfully he slipped through the trees. How stealthily he stepped through the shadows. His black combat boots glided over the grass of the forest soundlessly as his eyes brightened as his target came into view.

PYRO pushed on a tree branch, opening up the door down to the underground hideout Magneto had designed for the Brotherhood.

INT. MAGNETO'S LAIR

Inside was grey and metallic in look and texture. He walked down the stairs and went through a set of corridors until he finally came to a set of metal double-doors of Magneto's office. Inside, MAGNETO was sitting quietly at his desk.

PYRO:
They're just announced it.

Magneto knew what the younger man was talking about but didn't respond. He just kept watching the clanging balls of Newton's cradle game on his desk.

PYRO:
Have you gotten any word back from Mystique?

MAGNETO:
No. I'm afraid something has gone wrong.

PYRO:
How could she have gotten caught? She can imitate anyone.

MAGNETO:
We will have to go to San Francisco tonight.

Magneto stood up and faced the younger man.

MAGNETO:
Save your strength, we'll attack late in the night, so not to risk interference from Charles.

PYRO:
I don't understand something. If the Professor is intent on always interfering in your plans why don't you just attack the mansion and get rid of him?

MAGNETO:
For the same reason you wouldn't turn against your old friends.

PYRO:
Just say the word and Bobby's ash. Along with Rogue.

Magneto smiled a little.

MAGNETO:
Even now, despite everything that has happened between us, I still have far too much affection for the Professor to attack his very own home. Hopefully Pyro, the day will come when you and your friends will be reunited in a world free of humanity's prejudice.

Magneto began to walk out of the office. He then called over his shoulder.

MAGNETO:
Be ready at midnight.

INT. WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES

After the press conference was over, Worthington Senior and Kavita walked down a long hallway of their large office building, making their way to the room of James "Jimmy" Hawkins. The mutant child who's DNA was responsible for the creation of the cure.

KAVITA:
I'm afraid we might have a little problem, Mr. Worthington.

WORTHINGTON:
What is it?

KAVITA:
I've just gotten word that the President has appointed a mutant to be a part of his cabinet.

WORTHINGTON:
So? What's the problem?

KAVITA:
Well, we are keeping a mutant child here, and his powers are the focal point of the serum. The new appointee might insist on an investigation of the cure before we can release it to the public.

WORTHINGTON:
We're not mistreating the child, and his father has been compensated very generously. We'll keep everything on schedule.

KAVITA:
Very well.

WORTHINGTON:
Tonight we will test the cure on one of the mutant prisoners at Alcatraz. Just to be absolutely sure that the cure works.

The two of them then stopped outside a room with a viewing window. Worthington looked inside and saw his son playing video games with JIMMY.

KAVITA:
Your son has been keeping him company ever since you two arrived.

INT. JIMMY'S ROOM

Inside, Warren and Jimmy were playing the new Burnout game on the Playstation.

WARREN:
Ready to lose this time?

JIMMY:
Not on your life.

WARREN:
Are you saying you want me dead?

Jimmy laughed as their cars crashed into each other on the screen.

WARREN:
How much longer do you have to stay here?

JIMMY:
I don't know. Not too much longer I hope. It's boring here.

WARREN:
How did Dr. Rao find you anyway?

JIMMY:
My dad works for her.

WARREN:
Really?

Jimmy nodded as his car again crashed into Warren's.

WARREN:
Where were you before you were here?

JIMMY:
At a school.

Warren looked over at Jimmy.

WARREN:
What kind of school?

JIMMY:
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. It's a safe place for people like me.

Warren continued to stare at Jimmy but before he could say another word, his dad stuck his head in.

WORTHINGTON:
Warren, we have to go.

He smiled a little as he put the controller down. He felt like he was ten years old again.

WARREN:
Sorry. We'll play when I visit again. And I'll beat you next time.

JIMMY:
Oh please, I beat you three straight times.

WARREN:
I was just taking it easy on you.

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM

MYSTIQUE as PRESIDENT:
Let me out of here! I demand that you release me!

A guard rolled his eyes as he walked to the room where Mystique was being held. She was being kept on a table with metal clasps on her wrists and ankles. Except now, she had changed her appearance into that of President McKenna.

MYSTIQUE as PRESIDENT:
Do you know who I am? I am the god damn President of the United State!

GUARD:
Mr. President, shut up!

Suddenly, General Lang came down the hall with several more guards and one doctor at his side. The doctor had a needle and syringe in hand, containing a sample of the mutant cure. Warren Worthington Senior had requested that it be tested on a prisoner, and General Lang knew just which mutant to try it on.

LANG:
Raven Darkholme, you have put thousands, if not millions of lives in danger. You're going to answer all the questions I have for you.

Mystique reverted back to her normal self.

MYSTIQUE:
I'd rather die a fighter than a traitor.

LANG:
Do you think that's what the rest think about you? This Magneto, if he really cared for you or any other mutant he has worked with why hasn't he saved you or anyone of them?

Mystique looked straight into Lang's eyes, his heart dropped, they were the most terrifying eyes he had ever seen, opaque and yellow, like a snake.

MYSTIQUE:
Keep on trying your Sherlock crap and Ill kill you.

Lang took a deep breath.

LANG:
Look at me, you're going to tell me where Magneto is!

Mystique spat in his face.

MYSTIQUE:
Go to hell.

General Lang glared at Mystique as he wiped the spit from his face. He turned around and nodded at the doctor. The doctor took the needle and stuck it into Mystique's arm, injecting her with the cure.
Sign up to rate and review this story