Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Skating on the Pond

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-12 - Updated: 2011-02-12 - 1049 words

0Unrated
INT. GYM-NIGHT

Night fell and back at the mansion, Logan was in the second floor inside the gym. In addition to the Danger Room, the gym had weights and other equipment to train in hand to hand combat. Logan stood at a punching bag, hitting it as hard as he could. For some reason, at the moment, Striker was on his mind.

INT. ALKALI LAKE

STRIKER:
People don't change, Wolverine. You were an animal then, you're an animal now. I just gave you claws.

INT. GYM

Logan then unearthed his claws from his knuckles and stabbed the bag. He glared down at the floor as the insides of the bag spilled out when a voice got his attention.

HENRY:
Excuse me.

He looked over and saw that Hank guy standing by the entrance.

LOGAN:
Am I bothering you?

HENRY:
Not at all. I was just talking to the Professor, trying to catch up on things I missed in the few years I've been away. He told me a lot about you.

LOGAN:
Oh yeah?

HENRY:
He said you helped stop Magneto at Liberty Island. And you helped stop Striker at Alkali Lake.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I did.

Logan walked over to the weight set and picked up a dumbbell.

HENRY:
Very brave of you. I wish I could have been there, but I don't know if these old bones could handle that kind of thing anymore.

LOGAN:
How old are you?

HENRY:
Just turned fifty five. How about yourself?

LOGAN:
Couldn't tell you, I don't remember.

Hank nodded.

HENRY:
The Professor also told me that you're taking over for Scott.

LOGAN:
Not really. I'm just helping getting the kids ready…and then…

HENRY:
What?

LOGAN:
I don't know.

HENRY:
Why don't you just stay here?

Logan didn't respond, but that was what was bothering him. He'd been chasing after his past for so long, now that Striker had taken what he'd known about Logan to his grave he really didn't know what to do with himself.

LOGAN:
I don't know if I really belong here.

HENRY:
I can assure you, you do.

Logan didn't get a chance to respond as Hank turned away and walked down to his room. Placing the dumbbell down, Logan went after him and called down the hall.

LOGAN:
Hey Hank! Want to have a beer?

Hank turned around.

HENRY:
Beer? We have beer here?

Logan smirked.

LOGAN:
Now we do.

INT. MANSION GROUNDS

Outside, Rogue was sitting on a bench looking at the massive fountain before her. Bobby opened the door and walked outside, slowly approaching her from behind.

BOBBY:
Hey.

Rogue turned her head to look at him.

ROGUE:
Hey.

Bobby sat down next to her.

ROGUE:
I wonder why it's not snowing yet.

She then smiled.

ROGUE:
That's the only thing that I didn't like about Mississippi. Hardly ever snowed.

Rogue then got up and went to go back inside but Bobby's voice stopped her.

BOBBY:
Rogue wait! Can I talk to you for a minute?

She turned back around, now looking a little upset.

ROGUE:
Oh, now you want to talk to me?

BOBBY:
Please, sit down.

She sighed but walked back over and sat down again on the bench.

BOBBY:
Listen. I'm sorry that we haven't been spending that much time together lately.

ROGUE:
Why don't you just tell me what's wrong? Is it John?

BOBBY:
No…I just wish we could do something. Magneto's still out there somewhere.

ROGUE:
You mean John is still out there somewhere.

BOBBY:
Yeah.

ROGUE:
He made his choice. And we made ours. I think we know who made the right choice.

BOBBY:
I want to do something. It's just frustrating, just sitting here.

ROGUE:
I know. But until we find out what Magneto's planning, there isn't much we can do.

Bobby nodded as they sat in silence for a moment. Finally, he decided to tell her what was really bothering him.

BOBBY:
Ever since we got back from Alkali Lake, I've been trying to get in touch with my parent's but they wouldn't return my calls.

ROGUE:
Oh.

BOBBY:
Sometimes I think I should have never of told them that I'm a mutant.

ROGUE:
No, you had to tell them eventually.

BOBBY:
Yeah. I wanted to tell you that I'm going to Boston. I need to see them.

ROGUE:
When?

BOBBBY:
I'm taking a bus up there tomorrow morning, I'll probably be gone before you wake up.

He smiled a little and then put his hands together. After a moment, a ice rose was now in his hand and he reached out and placed it in Rogue's hand. She smiled, remembering the first day they met.

BOBBY:
We can fix what you were talking about, you know. About there being no snow.

ROGUE:
Oh really? An' when did you get the power burst, Mr. Drake?

Bobby laughed.

BOBBY:
Just watch.

He gets up and puts his hand on the fountain, covering it in ice.

BOBBY:
Give me your feet.

ROGUE:
What?

BOBBY:
Come on, give me your feet.

She sits on the edge of the fountain, and Bobby makes ice skates for her. He does the same to himself, and they begin skating. After skating around in a complete circle, Bobby spoke.

BOBBY:
Thinking about the cure?

ROGUE:
I think we all are.

BOBBY:
But you're not actually thinking about taking it are you?

Rogue took a deep breath.

ROGUE:
Do you know what it's like to kiss a boy-

BOBBY:
I don't actually.

The both laugh but the moment doesn't last long.

ROGUE:
I'm serious Bobby. I want to be able to touch people without worrying about killing them. A hug...a handshake...a kiss.

Bobby looked over at her.

BOBBY:
This isn't about me, is it?

ROGUE:
No. It wouldn't be for you...it'd be for me.

They both look at each other silence for a moment before Rogue nearly trips but Bobby catches her and they both laugh. They then skate over to the fountain's edge and sat down. Rogue leans forward and kisses him lightly on the cheek, as lightly as possible, and breaths out ice.

ROGUE:
This was nice.

BOBBY:
I thought it could take our minds off things.

Rogue smiled back.

ROGUE:
Good night, Bobby.

BOBBY:
Good night.
Sign up to rate and review this story