Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Storming Alcatraz

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-13 - Updated: 2011-02-14 - 1478 words

0Unrated
INT. CELL-NIGHT

Leaning down against the wall of her cell, Mystique wrapped her arms around her knees as she shivered. Her body temperature was drastically changing from hot to cold. She hugged herself, although it took up half of the little energy she had left. The room was pitch black, she couldn't even see her hand in front of her face. And she couldn't feel the scales on her skin anymore.

INT. GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE

A rush of late night traffic crosses The Golden Gate Bridge. Suddenly, several of the cars screech to a halt. Many drivers look around, panicked. Down at the end of the bridge, Magneto and Pyro begin walking down it, Magneto's hands outstretched. He magnetically parts the sea of cars, sending them crashing to either side of the bridge.

Citizens have now begun to leave their cars and run away. Magneto smirks for as he comes to a stop and then looks down to the end of the bridge. Extending his arms grandly, he focused all his power, and began to tear the bridge from the supporting cables and columns. Soon, the entire section of the bridge was free, and began floating forwards Alcatraz.

INT. ALCATRAZ

Troops rush up observation towers to get a better view, and react in astonishment as they see the bridge moving towards them. It moves over them, and some of the soldiers manage to run away before Magneto released his hold, and the bridge landed on the steep rocky shore of Alcatraz Island.

INT. FACILITY

General Lang followed a SERGEANT into the surveillance room. He was concerned and in a hurry to see what had happened.

LANG:
Damm it, just tell me whats going on!

The cameras then showed what was left of the Golden Gate Bridge landing on the island and Lang's eyes widened, knowing there was only one mutant he knew of that was strong enough to do that.

LANG:
Get soldiers to the front of this facility!

INT. ALCATRAZ

The soldiers grabbed their guns and began rushing to the front of the complex. Magneto smirked when he saw them and looked back at Pyro.

MAGNETO:
Follow my lead.

Magneto summoned a car from behind him and sends it into the air. Pyro sent a fireball up, turning the car into a grenade and it landed on a group of soldiers.

SOLDIER:
Get back!

Magneto sent two more cars up into the air with Pyro lit on fire. One hit an observation tower, the other crashed onto the ground, flipping twice before settling.

Lifting up three more cars, Magneto launched them forward as Pyro sent up three different jets of flame, lighting them all on fire. One of the cars actually stuck the facility itself. The power inside went off as one of the laboratories caught fire.

Feeling the damage was done, Magneto stepped off the bridge and onto the island. By this time the soldiers had recovered and began firing at him but he easily stopped them all and pushed back all the bullets, causing them to go back and pierce through the dozens of soldiers.

Walking towards the entrance, Magneto torn down the metal door and went in. He kept going until he was walking down a corridor filled with cells. He continued walking and with a simple nod, the cell doors began falling down one by one. Curious mutants slowly walked to the entrance of their cell, sticking their head out to see who had freed them.

Back outside, Pyro walked forward and before a soldier could have a chance to shot, he manipulated his deadly fire and scorched his body. He then noticed a tank of oxygen nearby the facility and sent a fireball at it, causing a huge explosion to go off before he made his way inside.

As he went in, a bunch of people in prisoner uniforms began running towards him.

PYRO:
Get out of here. Go up the bridge.

INT. FACILITY

He continued on trying to find Magneto. He soon found him staring at three holding cells right next to each other. But they weren't like the other ones he tore down, these were reinforced cells.

MAGNETO:
These are the mutants that could be the most use to us.

Magneto handed Pyro a clipboard.

MAGNETO:
Why don't you read off the guest list?

Pyro narrows his eyes briefly, then flips to the appropriate page as they approach a cell door.

PYRO:
Prisoner 13433, James Madrox. Says he robbed seven banks.

Magneto ripped off the door magnetically, and MADROX steps out. And then six more step out.

PYRO:
At the same time.

MAGNETO:
Impressive. I could use a man of your talents.

MADROX:
What I know, they know. What they learn, I learn.

The other copies went away and it was just him standing there.

PYRO:
If they're hurt, does it affect you?

Madrox didn't say anything and Magneto smiled.

MAGNETO:
The invitation stands.

Madrox shrugged.

MADROX:
I'm in.

MAGNETO:
Welcome to the Brotherhood.

They continued on to the next cell as Pyro flipped the page of the clipboard.

PYRO:
This one's Remy LeBeau. Has the ability to transform potential energy into kinetic energy. Another thief.

Magneto ripped the door off and REMY, a tall young man with red on black eyes and a thick mop of brown hair stepped out.

REMY:
Bonjour. You're Magneto right?

Magneto and Pyro looked at each other for a moment before the older man nodded.

MAGNETO:
Yes. We are building an army, Mr. LeBeau. Care to join?

REMY:
I don't normally run with a group, monsieur.

He then took a second glance at Magneto.

REMY:
But why not?

Pyro continues down the line.

PYRO:
Check this out, says here 'subject mush remain confined at all times. If he builds any momentum, no object can stop him.' Calls himself the Juggernaut but was previously known as-

MAGNETO:
Cain Marko.

PYRO:
How do you know him?

MAGNETO:
He's Charles Xavier's stepbrother. I always wondered what happened to him.

Once again, he ripped the door down, revealing CAIN MARKO, a towering mutant, maybe seven feet tall incased in bronze harmor and a bronze helmet.

MAGNETO:
Hello, Cain. Care to visit Charles again?

CAIN:
Get me out of this thing!

Magneto ripped off the chains and Cain jumped out of the cell, landing with a massive thud.

The fourth and final one Magneto figured had to be Mystique. Without anyone saying a word Magneto tore down the door. Inside, a woman was sitting on the floor with a ratty shirt, shorts, and no shoes. Mystique smiled as she realized he had come to save her, but it was too late.

A somber smile split her face. Her eyes were red, filled with tears. She was ashamed of her self. She looked, she was human, no longer a mutant. She was the inferior.

MYSTIQUE:
Erik, you came to save me.

MAGNETO:
Mystique?

He was confused for a moment. Then he realized what had happened.

MAGNETO:
No…not you.

MYSTIQUE:
It's okay. The source of the cure is inside Worthington Industries.

Magneto turned his head and looked at the others.

MAGNETO:
Leave us.

They slowly turned and when they were gone Magneto looked back at Mystique. She gave him a smile that broke his heart.

MYSTIQUE:
Erik…I can't live like this.

MAGNETO:
Its okay, there must be an antidote.

Tears flowed down her ruby red cheeks.

MYSTIQUE:
Kill me.

MAGNETO:
No, that's preposterous!

MYSTIQUE:
Please I cant live like this. I'm filth, please Erik, finish it here. Just end it.

Magneto looked deep into her blue eyes.

MYSTIQUE:
If you really care for me, kill me.

He gave a heavy sigh.

MAGNETO:
There has to be another way.

MYSTIQUE:
There's no other way, this is how its meant to be. Please, Erik, you cant let me live like this, you cant.

MAGNETO:
I can't do it.

MYSTIQUE:
Yes you can. Do it for me. Please, please just do it.

Taking a deep breath, he finally replied.

MAGNETO:
very well.

It was one of the hardest things he ever said. He looked at her and a sad smile came over her grief-stricken face. For a brief moment she was content but the moment was only brief

MYSTIQUE:
Thank you, Erik.

MAGNETO:
I am so sorry.

She looked at his face, one last time.

Magneto used his power to rip off the door handle and magnetically made it as sharp as possible. He then turned away.

MYSTIQUE:
Erik.

He paused.

MYSTIQUE:
Goodbye.

Magneto closed his eyes. He heard a slashing sound behind him, Raven Darkholme let out her last breath of life. She collapsed on the floor, the metal she was stabbed with fell shortly after. Magneto stood there, not daring to see her lifeless body on the floor. All was silent, he took a deep breath and left the area.
Sign up to rate and review this story