Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Family Reunion

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-14 - Updated: 2011-02-14 - 1016 words

0Unrated
INT. PENTHOUSE-DAY

Waking up early the next morning in his father's penthouse apartment in the city, Warren got out of bed and extended his wings. The curtains in his room were drawn, no one was going to see.

His wings began to flap gently, and slowly he lifted off the ground and kept going up until his head reached the ceiling. Warren grinned as he looked down at the floor.

However, he was only a couple of feet in the air. Warren could only imagine what it would be like to fly over New York. Suddenly, a knock on the door caused him to drop back to the floor.

WARREN:
Just a second.

He folded his wings and pulled on an extra large shirt. Walking over to the door, he opened it to see that it was his father standing there.

WORTHINGTON:
Good morning Warren, can I come in?

WARREN:
Sure.

He opened the door further to let his father did. Worthington walked in and sat down on a recliner next to the bed.

WORTHINGTON:
I have some good news. I just got confirmation that the cure works and is safe to take. We'll have a sample ready for you this afternoon.

WARREN:
Oh...dad I wanted to tell you something.

WORTHINGTON:
Go ahead.

WARREN:
I was talking to Jimmy that other day, and he told me he use to go to a school...for mutants.

WORTHINGTON:
Really?

WARREN:
Yeah, Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. I looked it up and it's only an hour away from here, in Westchester. And I was thinking-

WORTHINGTON:
Warren, that's no place for you to be.

Warren sighed.

WARREN:
Dad, all my life I've been sheltered because of this. I didn't go to public school, hell, I didn't even go to a private school, you hired a teacher to come here. It's like I've been living in a cave all my life. All because you're ashamed that I'm a mutant.

WORTHINGTON:
I've never been ashamed of you.

Worthington got to his feet.

WORTHINGTON:
I was just trying to protect you. After your mother died you were all I had left. I didn't want something to happen to you.

Warren smiled a little.

WARREN:
I know.

WORTHINGTON:
But we don't have to worry about that any more. Today it will all be over, from now on you'll be normal. All mutants out there will have the chance to be normal. And then one day I'll step down from this company and you'll take over.

WARREN:
That's good.

Worthington gave his son a look.

WORTHINGTON:
It is what you want, right?

WARREN:
Yes.

WORTHINGTON:
Alright. Be ready around one o'clock.

EXT. DRAKE HOME-BOSTON

Bobby was standing at the door of his old house for about five minutes. He was about to knock but stopped himself. He looked down at the ground for a moment before taking a deep breath and finally ringing the doorbell.

After a few moments, the door was answered by MADELINE DRAKE.

MADELINE:
Bobby.

She looked at her son in surprise.

MADELINE:
What are you doing here?

BOBBY:
I just thought I'd...drop in.

MADELINE:
Come on in, we were having breakfast.

She opened the door further and Bobby walked in.

INT. DINING ROOM

WILLIAM DRAKE was sitting at the table, reading the newspaper while drinking a cup of coffee when his wife came in, leading Bobby in the room. Surprised to see him, William got to his feet.

WILLIAM:
Bobby, I didn't know you were visiting.

BOBBY:
Yeah, it was kind of a last minute thing.

MADELINE:
Sit down, Bobby.

Madeline then left the room as Bobby sat in front of his father.

BOBBY:
How have you guys been since-

WILLIAM:
Everything's been fine.

BOBBY:
What about Ronny? Where's he.

Madeline then came back into the room, carrying a glass of orange juice.

MADELINE:
Ronny's fine. He spent the night with a friend.

Madeline then took a seat next to her husband as Bobby took a drink nervously. As his parents went on eating, he took a deep breath and spoke again.

BOBBY:
Do you still want me here?

WILLIAM:
What do you mean?

BOBBY:
You know, because of what happened last time.

Madeline sighed.

MADELINE:
Bobby, I think it's best we don't talk about it.

BOBBY:
No, I want to know.

William and Madeline looked at each other for a moment before he answered.

WILLIAM:
Of course we do. You're still our son, we told you that already.

Bobby smiled and nodded.

MADELINE:
What happened to that boy?

BOBBY:
What boy?

MADELINE:
The boy who attacked the police.

Bobby sighed.

BOBBY:
It's a long story.

The sound of the front door opening and closing could then be heard. Then, a young male voice shouted;

RONNY:
Mom, dad, I'm home!

RONNY walked into the dining room only to stop in his tracks when he saw Bobby sitting there/.

The two of them stared at each other in silence for a moment before Ronny turned around and headed for the stairs.

WILLIAM:
Ronny, come back here!

Bobby then got to his feet and headed after him.

WILLIAM:
Bobby, what are you doing?

BOBBY:
Making sure he doesn't call the cops again.

INT. RONNY'S BEDROOM

Ronny grabbed the phone but before he could dial, a voice stopped him.

BOBBY:
Ronny.

Turning his head, Ronny glared at his older brother.

RONNY:
What do you want?

BOBBY:
What are you doing? Calling the cops like last time?

RONNY:
I'm not sorry for doing it.

BOBBY:
I wouldn't expect you to be. Jealousy does nasty things to people.

RONNY:
What? I am not jealous of you!

BOBBY:
Really? Cause I thought after that little power display you definitely seemed a little jealous.

RONNY:
I wasn't jealous! I was freaked out!

BOBBY:
Whatever. It doesn't really matter what you think because mom and dad are fine with it.

RONNY:
They're not.

BOBBY:
They are. If they weren't, how come they're not treating me any different?

His younger brother than gave him a look.

RONNY:
Because they just announced they found a cure for mutation.
Sign up to rate and review this story