Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Chemical Romance

Man and Wife

by doyleangel 2 reviews

The title says it all

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-02-16 - Updated: 2011-02-16 - 1453 words - Complete

2Exciting
Her eyes went straight to him. She didn’t even notice the rest of the people in the church. All she could see was Mikey standing at the alter with a huge smile on his face. She could see the love in his eyes from all the way in the back of the church. She was sure he could see the love in hers.

As she made her way down the aisle, each step bringing her closer to him, their eyes stayed locked. Before she knew it, she had reached him, her veil was being lifted and the priest was talking.

“Who gives this woman to be married?”

“I do,” she heard her dad say. She turned to look at him and gave him a small hug.

“I love you daddy.”

“I love you too.” He then turned around and walked to his seat in the first pew.

Liz turned back to Mikey who was holding out his hand for her. She placed her hand in his and let him lead her up to where they needed to be standing. They were still staring at each other when the priest started speaking.

“Dearly beloved. We have gathered here today to see this man, Michael James Way, and this woman, Elizabeth Laura Hanson, joined in holy matrimony. This is not something to be taken lightly, so if anyone here has good cause as to why this man and this woman shouldn’t be married, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

Liz and Mikey both turned their heads slightly to look at the crowd, where, of course, no one said anything.

“Um, actually…”

Liz and Mikey both turned around to look at Gerard who had just spoken.

“Could we, uh, put this on hold for just one moment? I’ll be right back.” Gerard sprinted towards the side door and ran out. Liz looked at Mikey.

“What’s going on?”

Mikey shook his head. “I have no idea.” He looked over at Emily, who had a confused look on her face. “Emily?”

She shook her head. “Don’t look at me. I have no idea what he’s doing.”

Just then the side door opened and Gerard ran back in. “Sorry, sorry about that. I, um, forgot to put the ring in my pocket. But I have it now, so everything’s ok. We can continue.”

Liz stared at Gerard for a second before bursting out laughing. Mikey joined her and pretty soon the entire chapel was filled with laughter.

Liz wiped her eyes. “I’m sorry, it’s just, it’s something Gerard would do. Forget the ring.”

Mikey nodded. “Yes, yes it is.” He looked over his shoulder at Gerard who just shrugged.

The laughing had died down so he looked over at the priest. “I think we can continue now.”

The priest nodded. “In place of traditional vows, Michael and Elizabeth have chosen to write their own vows. Michael, you may go first.”

Liz looked at Mikey who took a deep breath before speaking.

“Liz, you are the light of my life. I had never known this kind of happiness before I’d met you. From the moment I met you in Austin after that concert, I knew there was something special about you. I love everything about you. The way your eyes light up when you talk about something you’re passionate about or how you go out of your way to help someone if they need it, even if it’s just to talk. You light up a room just by walking in it. I don’t know anyone who wasn’t better off just knowing you, and I know that my life is so much better with you in it. I gladly take you as my wife and I promise to love you, cherish you, respect you, and everything in between for the rest of my life. I want to thank you for that as well, for giving me an amazing life, because just by being a part of it you’ve made it amazing. I love you with all my heart and I always will.”

Liz could only stare at Mikey. From the moment he’d started his vows the tears had formed and she wasn’t able to hold them in. She gave him a smile when he finished his vows and squeezed his hands, letting him know how touched she was.

“Elizabeth, you may say your vows,” the priest told her.

She looked down for a second before looking back up into Mikey’s eyes, and smiling.

“I had a little trouble writing my vows because I couldn’t decide what I wanted to say and what I had to leave out. If I could I would stand here all day telling you how much I love you, but I’m not going to put everyone through that.” She paused at the slight chuckle that rumbled through the crowd. “Mikey, you gave me something wonderful the day we met. You gave me your trust. You had no idea who I was, just that I was some girl who had been at your concert, yet you trusted me enough to bring me onto your bus. From that moment I knew you were special, and I hoped that I would get to know more of you, and luckily I did. By letting me into your life you not only gave me yourself, but you let me into your family. Everyday with you is like the day we met; exhilarating, fun, and amazing. I fall in love with you more and more everyday. You are always there for me when I need you, whether you’re here or on tour. I couldn’t ask for a better person to spend my life with, and I’m glad I don’t have to. I am so happy to become your wife, and even more thrilled at taking you as my husband. I will love you always.”

Mikey lifted one of his hands to her face to wipe away some tears that were running down her cheek and gave her a smile. They turned back to the priest.

“Now, the rings.” The priest said. Liz turned to Emily to get Mikey’s ring from her while Mikey turned to Gerard to get Liz’s from him.

“Michael, repeat after me as you put the ring on Elizabeth’s finger. With this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring,” Mikey said as he slid the wedding band onto Liz’s finger. “I thee wed.”

“Elizabeth, repeat after me as you put the ring on Michael’s finger. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Liz started to slide the ring onto Mikey’s finger. “With this ring, I thee wed.” She finished placing the ring on his finger and ran her thumb over it.

“Michael and Elizabeth have declared their love for one another and vowed to love each other through all obstacles. With the power invested in my by the state of California, I now pronounce you, husband and wife. Michael, you may kiss your bride.”

Mikey smiled at her before pulling her close and lowering his lips on hers. They kissed for a couple of seconds before parting to applause.

“May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Way. They will see you all at the reception.”

Liz smiled at Mikey before she turned to look out at the crowd. She and Mikey stepped down to the aisle and made their way to the back of the church and outside. Waiting outside the church to take them to the reception was a limo. They made their way down to it, and Mikey opened the door for her before climbing in himself.

“I never got to tell you how absolutely beautiful you look.”

Liz smiled at him. “Thank you. You looked pretty hot yourself.”

He smiled at her and picked up her left hand. “Can you believe we’re married?”

She slightly shook her head. “Yes and no. I do know that I will remember this day for the rest of my life.”

Mikey brought her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. “Me too baby, me too.”

He then lowered his head to kiss his wife. Liz responded, knowing this would be the first of many kisses she would ever give her husband. And she couldn’t wait.


So this is it. The final chapter of the story. Thanks to everyone who read it. I may possibly start a sequel of this, but unsure yet. What do you think?

Well, I ask, one last time, to please leave a review, let me know what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story