Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Original of the Species

Infiltration

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-21 - Updated: 2011-02-22 - 1208 words

0Unrated
EXT. STUDY-DAY
Hank was standing in the study with Professor Xavier watching the television when they got word of the news. The Golden Gate Bridge, or what was left of it had been completely destroyed and all the mutant prisoners were broken out of Alcatraz Island. Xavier looked at the shots of the twisted metal, knowing that there was only one person who can have done that.

HENRY:
I need to get back to Washington, Professor. I'm sure the President is going to want to see me, to figure out how to deal with this.

XAVIER:
I understand, Henry.

HENRY:
We should have expected something like this from Erik.

XAVIER:
Yes, no doubt he sees the cure as a weapon that will be used against mutants.

Hank took a deep breath.

HENRY:
I can’t stop thinking about it, Professor. I want to know. I want to know if this so called ‘cure’ will work or not. If it is safe for mutants to take.

XAVIER:
As do I.

HENRY:
It's not that I don't trust the company that's developed it…I just want to know for myself. Before it's released to the public.

XAVIER:
Couldn't you request a sample? With your new position in the President's cabinet there must be a way.

HENRY:
I'm afraid I don't know how much power I have. We never really got into that. And like I said, Worthington Industries is a private company, I don't know if can just go in and ask for a sample without a reason.

XAVIER:
Henry…I think I know a way to get you in there. Without being detected.

HENRY:
Oh yeah, how?

Xavier smiled

XAVIER:
I happen to know a girl who can walk through walls.

INT. STUDENT LOUNGE:

Logan walked through the halls and spotted Rogue sitting by herself on the couch in the lounge.

LOGAN:
Hey Rogue, where’s Bobby? I can’t find him anywhere.

ROGUE:
He left to go visit his parents.

LOGAN:
When was this?

ROGUE:
Early this morning.

LOGAN:
Well come on, we’ve got a Danger Room session.

Rogue shook her head as she got her feet.

ROGUE:
No, I’m not training today.

LOGAN:
Why not?

ROGUE:
I’m just not in the mood, alright?

She walked past him and headed for the stairs.

LOGAN:
Rogue, hold on!

ROGUE:
What Logan? What do you want from me?

LOGAN:
Okay, what’s wrong with you?

ROGUE:
It's nothing…I'm just really confused right now, okay.

LOGAN:
About what?

ROGUE:
About everything, I just need to be alone right now.

LOGAN:
It’s the cure isn’t it?

No answer came to his reply. Rogue just gave him a fake smile and turned back around, heading up the stairs as Logan sighed heavily.

ORORO: (V.O)
Logan, have you found the others?

Ororo and Kurt came down the hall.

LOGAN:
Bobby’s not here, Rogue doesn’t want to train.

ORORO:
Why? Is something wrong?

LOGAN:
Yeah, the cure.

PETER: (V.O)
Hey guys!

The three of them looked over to see Peter Rasputin coming towards them.

PETER:
Have you seen the Professor? I went to his office but he's not there. I haven't seen Dr. McCoy anywhere either.

Logan shook his head.

LOGAN:
This team is falling apart.

ORORO:
Alright. Kurt, why don't you come with me, we'll try to find everyone. Logan, why don't you just go ahead with Peter to the Danger Room?

LOGAN:
One person?

ORORO:
It's better than nothing.

Ororo and Kurt went off while Logan looked back at Peter.

LOGAN:
Alright, let's go. Unless you're thinking about taking the cure too.

PETER:
Not at all.

LOGAN:
Good.

Logan then moved his neck around.

LOGAN:
I need a cigar.

INT. MANHATTAN

Pulling up next to the curb, Hank parked the Rolls Royce outside the Worthington Industries building in Manhattan as the Professor and Kitty Pryde sat in the backseat.

HENRY:
This reminds me of the early days, Professor. When I use to drive you and Erik everywhere, remember?

XAVIER:
How could I forget?

Kitty then looked over at her teacher.

KITTY:
Professor, I'm scared.

XAVIER:
Everything will be okay Kitty, I promise. I wouldn't put you into harm's way.

Hank turned around to look in the backseat.

HENRY:
Remember Kitty, just stay at my side. Nothing will happen, okay?

Kitty nodded.

KITTY:
Okay.

HENRY:
Alright, let's go.

Getting out the car, Hank took the young girl's hand as they made their way to the side of the building, knowing they couldn't go through the front even if Kitty could go through walls. Naturally, he got looks from people who stopped in the tracks when they saw him but he just kept moving.

INT. ALLEY

They walked through the alley and they were standing at the side of the building.

HENRY:
Anything I should know?

KITTY:
Nope. Just walk forward.

Hank took Kitty's hand and slowly, methodically, they phased right through the wall and inside the building. A strange jolt went through his body as he passed through the wall.

INT. BATHROOM

Hank quickly looked around and saw that they were in a bathroom.

HENRY:
So far so good…
They approached the bathroom door and were about to go through it but she stopped him.

KITTY:
Wait, why don't I take a look first?

Hank was then taken aback when Kitty phased her head out the door. After a second she pulled herself back in and looked at him.

KITTY:
All clear.

Hank nodded and the two of them phased out of the bathroom.

INT. HALLWAY

Hank saw a sign on the ceiling that read 'Main Lab' with an arrow pointing to the right.

HENRY:
Come on.

They went down the hallway together and were about to turn the corner when they saw two men talking to each other coming their way, not paying any attention. Hank quickly swung himself around so before they saw him and phased through the wall behind him with Kitty.

INT. LABORATORY

They were now in some room and two men in white coats were working on something. Kitty gasped when she saw them and Hank pulled her down so they were crouched behind a desk. While leaning down he pulled her along until they phased through the opposite wall.

INT. HALLWAY

They were not back in the hallway. Hank stood up and was now face to face with a man wearing a pair of glasses, and looked to be in his late thirties. His eyes widened in shock when he laid eyes on the beast.

ORDERLIE:
Hey! You're not supposed to be in here!

Balling up his fist, Hank reached back before leveling the man with a punch, knocking him out cold.

Putting his hands on her shoulders, Hank looked Kitty right in the eye.

HENRY:
Stay here.

Kitty watched with her mouth open as Hank leaped forward and ran with cat-like speed on all fours, like a true animal to the door of the next room. He was breathtaking to behold, beyond agile, a blur of acrobatic blue fur.

Hank worked his way through the maze of equipment jumping over a couple desks and finally entered the main lab where he snatched a sample of the cure.
Sign up to rate and review this story