Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hot & Cold

Awkward

by MCR_Vampire_321 1 review

Lucy admits something to Gerard. Gerard admits something to Lucy.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-02-22 - Updated: 2011-02-22 - 1997 words - Complete

1Moving
Lucy’s POV…
I woke up early again on Saturday morning. I could hear Hollie snoring lightly next door to my room. She always slept in until about twelve at the weekend because she always set her alarm for five during the week. Chloe was asleep as well… Because she’s just lazy.
I sighed and pulled on my football shirt with some normal blue jeans and my purple JLS hoodie. My muddy trainers sat by my bed so I pulled them on and trudged down the stairs and out of the front door. I had no idea where I was going but I didn’t care.
Suddenly I realised what direction I was walking in. I was right outside Gerard and Mikey’s house. I looked at the park straight opposite them. I was surprised to find Gerard sitting on one of the swings by himself.
He seemed so sad. I couldn’t just leave him there so I walked through the gate. He looked up as the gate was shutting. He didn’t smile but he didn’t tell me to leave him alone either. So I went right over and sat on the swing next to him.
I struggled for words “Hey…”
He looked up at me again “Hey.” He cleared his throat “What are you doing here?”
“I don’t know…” I told him truthfully “I just needed to think and I automatically came here.”
“Oh.” He replied “Lucy… I’m sorry that I kissed you yesterday. I wasn’t thinking, I didn’t realise how much trouble it caused…”
I was silent and then admitted “No Gerard. I was the one behaving like a stroppy cow. Because secretly I’ve always wanted you to kiss me. And anyway, I was the one to tell you that I loved you so I kind of…” I suddenly burst out in anger “This is stupid! Gerard, I love you! I lied when I said I lied! If that makes sense… But I really like you and I’m sorry I’ve been acting like a total twat!”
He didn’t say anything. He just looked at me sadly so I started crying “Gerard, please say something. I know I’ve been stupid but it would help if you said something…”
There was more silence until I was about to speak again. But he said quietly “I wish you had told me sooner you know. Because last night I convinced myself I had to get the fuck over you. That you weren’t interested in me so when Raechel asked me out last night… I said yes.”
I was shocked “Even after what she did to Frank and Chloe?”
“You mean what YOU did to Frank and Chloe?” He asked, raising an eye-brow.
I blushed “Well yeah, but still…”
“I’m sorry Lucy.” He stood up “But I guess I’ve moved on. I think you need too as well.”
And then he left. And I sat in the park on the swing, crying.

Chloe’s POV…
I jumped onto Hollies bed, making her wake up. She sat up and glared at me “DUDE! IT’S SATURDAY! I DO NOT WANT TO WAKE UP YET!” She yelled. I knew it was a mistake waking her up so early because she’s always in a bad mood at the weekend, in the morning.
But I needed to ask her something “Dude! Lucy’s already gone out! Where would she have gone?”
“I DON’T KNOW AND RIGHT NOW I’D LIKE TO GET BACK TO SLEEP!”
I started shaking her “Wake up you lazy bitch!”
She sat up straight and rubbed her eyes “Says you! You don’t wake up till eight on a school day!”
“Whatever. Now come on Hollie, you’re going to help me find Lucy…”
But at that moment, I heard the front door open and close “Lucy! Is that you?”
“Yes!” She yelled back up at me “Where are Mom and Dad?”
“Gone shopping!” I yelled at her.
“Would you get the fuck off me?” Hollie yelled at me.
Sighing, I got off her and ran downstairs “You’ve been crying.” I told Lucy.
She gaped at me “How did you know?”
“I didn’t,” I told her “I guessed and you just confessed. Now come on, what are you crying about?”
“You’ll just laugh and say you told me so.” Lucy complained, sitting down at the table “Get me some cereal. I’m too sad to get off my ass.”
I got out a bowl “Fine but because I’m feeding you, you can tell me what you’re crying about and I won’t laugh or anything. That’s how nice I am.”
Lucy laughed pathetically. I mean it was pathetic because it wasn’t even a real laugh, more of a titter. But anyway she managed to tell me what was wrong. “Well, I went for a walk to the park… Gerard was sitting in there alone. So I went in to try and you know… Patch things up between us. But I ended up admitting that I love him…” I opened my mouth but then remembered my promise “And he told me… That is was too late. He’s already got another girlfriend.”
I put her cereal in front of her and sat opposite her “I’m sorry Lucy but I have to say this… It’s your own fault. You left it too late and now you have to suffer the consequences.”
She glared at me “You don’t think I already know that?”
Hollie came into the kitchen, blissfully unaware of what was going on. “It’s a nice day.” She told us “We should all go out.”
“Sorry,” I told her “I’ve got plans. Going out with Frank.”
Lucy raised her eye-brows “You’re always going out with Frank.”
Hollie sighed “Well Lucy, will you hang out with me?”
“No thanks Hollie,” Lucy said, finishing her cereal even though I had only just given it to her “I’ve got plans too.”
“Like what?” Hollie asked. Lucy never had plans for anything.
She shrugged “Just general plans. Sorry.”
Hollie groaned “Fine. I’m going to go over to Gerard and Mikey’s house.” Then she stormed off to go and get dressed.
I looked at Lucy “At least my excuse was real.”
She flashed me a look “So was mine.”

Gerard’s POV…
I woke up Mikey “Mikey, Hollies come round…” I told him, shaking him awake.
He woke up properly “She’s not in the room, is she?”
“No and you’re lucky!” I laughed “I nearly brought her up here so she could see you in nothing but your underwear!”
He got up and started complaining under his breath “But I need a shower… And none of my clothes are clean… Jesus, I smell funny…”
I laughed at him “Go on, have a shower. I’ll keep her entertained somehow.”
I walked downstairs, worried that Lucy had told her about our conversation this morning. She was standing in our hallway, staring at a photo on the wall. It was of me and Mikey when we were younger. I was really over-weight in that picture.
I laughed “Stop looking at that! I look terrible!”
“No you don’t.” She told me “You look cute. So does Mikey.”
“You would think Mikey’s cute…” I joked.
She smiled “I think you’re both cute. I just happen to prefer Mikey.” I glared at her while she laughed and said “I’m sorry, I can’t help it if your brother is amazingly cute…”
I smiled at her “Well my amazingly cute brother is in the shower right now. Let’s go into the living room.”
She followed me into the living room and we sat down. I finally found the nerve to ask “Lucy didn’t say anything about me this morning, did she?”
She was silent then said “No, not to me. She might’ve said something to Chloe though. She seemed sad when I came downstairs. And then I asked if she wanted to hang out and she said she already had plans…”
“What’s she doing?” I asked, curious.
She shrugged “She wouldn’t tell me. She just said she was generally busy. Personally I think she’s making stuff up.”
“So you don’t think she’s got plans at all?”
“No. What could she be doing?” Hollie asked “Chloe was going out with Frank and she wouldn’t want to tag along. She wouldn’t see Ray or Bob on her own. She wouldn’t want to hang out with you right now for obvious reasons…” More obvious than she thinks “And it’s boring to be sitting at our house all day.”
“Maybe she has homework?” I suggest, though I think I know what’s really going on.
“She might.” Hollie said thoughtfully. I didn’t know whether to tell her or not. In the end I decided to wait and see how she found out herself.
She finally spoke up “Gerard? Did you see Lucy this morning? Chloe said she buggered off and didn’t come back until Chloe had jumped on me several times.”
I sighed and decided I had to tell her the truth “Yeah, I saw her. She admitted that she was in love with me… And I had to tell her that I have a girlfriend.”
She sat up straight “You have a girlfriend?”
“Yeah… Last night I told myself it was time to get over Lucy. So when Raechel asked me out, I said yes…”
“Oh.” She managed to reply “That’s why she was so sad this morning.”
“Look,” I began to explain “You honestly can’t blame me for-“
“I don’t blame you.” Hollie said smoothly “You weren’t trying to upset anyone. It’s not your fault that Lucy kept confusing you with the way she was acting. It’s not your fault that you didn’t realise Lucy was in love with you. And it’s not your fault that you had to tell her the truth. She just left it too long to tell you.”
I didn’t know what to say “Oh… Well, yeah. How upset was she?”
“Major depressed as far as I can tell.” Hollie told me, which didn’t exactly make me feel any better but at least she was honest.
Mikey walked in wearing a pair of his faded black jeans so they were no grey and one of my old tee-shirts. Normally I would’ve laughed at him and said “Nice tee-shirt. Where’d you get it?” but now I wasn’t in the mood.
He sat down next to Hollie “What’s up?” He asked.
Hollie shrugged “None of my sisters will hang out with me and now I’m bored. So I’ve come to share my boredom with you two.”

Lucy’s POV…
I sat alone in my bedroom listening to JLS songs. But I only listened to the songs about love. If anybody could see me, they’d think I was a in a cheesy romance movie. That’s how I feel right now, but I don’t see a happy ending working out for me.
My phone vibrated. It was from Hollie – Just heard what happened. I’m sorry ): But you can’t mope around forever. Come over to G + M’s house. To show G that you don’t care – H x x
I stared at the text and thought about it. What if I went over and things were awkward? What if Gerard and Mikey knew Hollie had invited me? And I didn’t turn up because of what happened this morning? I’m going to have to face Gerard sooner or later.
I brushed my hair and pulled my trainers on again. This was going to be just a little awkward.
Sign up to rate and review this story