Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Not as they seem

Chapter 2 : Rescue

by Monkeybeat 1 review

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-10 - Updated: 2011-03-10 - 3564 words

0Unrated
(Writers notice: you know I just noticed that I have done an error on Sykes appearance.. it seems in the series he can not retract his plates… and this story is based after the show ended … ether Sypke has an image inducer like Kurt.. or he had found the ability to retract them.. ether all this is fan fiction, and anything can changed besides their character… Oh and if I do make the X men characters OOC please let me know and I will do my best to change it… thanks

Chapter 2 : Rescue

As the group left the Burger Barn, the woman jumped form roof to roof as she followed the group, occasionally stopping and hiding behind a object when the human that showed off acrobatic moves before would turn around looking up in her direction

“What’s wrong Kurt?” Spike asked as he noticed his friend kept stopping and looking back.

“Huh? Oh it nothing... iz just zat I feeling like zare someone, or something folloving us..” Kurt said looking back to his two friends.

“When did this feeling of yours start?” Spike asked

“Before I vhent into za Burger Barn...” Kurt said

“Like I don’t see anyone” Kitty said looking over on the side of Kurt to the empty sidewalk behind him.

“ maybe you got new stalkers from when you performed that little show of yours our side the Burger Barn.” Spike add as Kurt turned back up to the building, he stood in shock as his eyes meet sliver, at that moment he instantly teleported.

“Kurt! Like were he going?” Kitty yelled after him.

When the Humans eyes meet her she knew he had spotted her, she had to get away before she was caught, it was to soon for her to come in contact with the Humans and so she teleported away , four buildings down hiding behind a brick like railing that surrounded the roof . she tucked her legs together as she tried to make her self smaller not making a sound to give away her hiding spot. She stayed that way for a good 10 minutes not making a movement, only the steady the movement of her steady breathing was all she could hear. She froze as a small sound was made beside her she turned to see…..

Kurt searched the roof that he Bamfed onto, he found none. He could have sworn he was some one up here. Not giving up he began to bamf to other roofs nearby to find the owner of the sliver eyes, he knew that the stalker couldn’t have gotten far, but no matter were he looked he could find no one. They must have just escaped under his nose. Suddenly a choking smell casing his head to snap in the direction it was coming form. In the distance about 8 buildings away there was a huge building on fire and the sound of screams filed his sensitive ears, his hero side kicking in he bamfed back to Kitty and Spike to inform them.

The woman didn’t know what to think at the little creature before her it had a small beak with a fat body, covered in gray white and black feathers; it cooed tilting its head to the right as if wondering what creature was setting on its building. The woman mimics this movement wondering what type of animal it was and tilting her head to the right. The animal cooed aging and titled its head to the left, she doing the same. (It’s a Pigeon)The woman finally snapped out of the wondering trance and slowly looked over the brick like railing for any sigh of the humans following her, she doubting that a human was capable of finding her, but just to stay safe she stayed on guard. Sighing a breath of relief form her successful escape and plopped back down in front of the animal, she had decided that she would catch up with the human group later, this creature became her center of attention at the moment, taking out her book and pen form her pack and began to sketch on the page behind her observations . The animal cooed aging as it watched the blue skinned , tailed woman doodle away in her book, sadly she wasn’t able to finish the outline of the animal as it flew away, the woman poked out her lip in a pout, closing the book, she stood up about to make chase stopped as a loud sound echoed all around her she looked frighten on what the noise was, thinking it was a alarm or a signal of attack, she noticed a flashing light of red and white form down the road the building she was on stood. She looked down the blacken road with yellow were the direction of the sound as it got louder and louder. She looked in amazement as a huge red and white insect like monster raced down the road with humans latched on top ( fire truck and fire fighters) as they zoomed by the sound dimming as it zoomed away to the unknown. The woman sniffed the air noticing a familiar smell she turned her head slightly to the right and saw that the monster was heading toward a burning building. Her curiosity winning she ran along the roof tops to following the monster to the location of the fiery building.

When she had arrived to the safest closes building, she looked down at the street below, watching soot covered humans being escorted out of the building by humans dressed in thick red, white and yellow, clothing. Huge humps on strapped onto their backs as tubes branched form the humps to small masks covering their faces. The woman frowned as she saw the injured humans hosted up in white beds with weird looking devices on their forms and others were wrapped in cloth coughing and some weeping as they, Sat in a safer zone away from the dangerous flames.
The mostly red thick clothed humans (firemen) were holding on to giant hoses. Shooting gallons of water form it trying to douse the flames. She had notice the humans that she was following were helping bringing the victims of the building out to safety, her eyes widen as she saw a human looking monster that was shirtless, his chest, midriff and head was covered in thick armor and spikes protruding from its body, at first she thought that he was a form of monster but she noticed, looking closer that the human had the same features of the same dark skinned human form the group she was following before . She was puzzled as to he was different from the other humans she had seen around him; she also noticed that the humans around him had a fear of him. Maybe it wasn’t human but another monster like the furry beasts and huge incest that shared the world with them she had encountered… she then saw a puff of smoke as another human like figure appeared beside the spike creature. he had a pasted out child in hand, the woman stared at disbelief that this human had the same shade of blue as her, pointy ears , and a tail, only he stood in a slouch posture and was noticeable male . She wouldn’t of think that there would be more of her kind communicating with the humans. She was happy that there were more of her kind that believed and just as curious about the Human race. But something about this male was a little off; she couldn’t quite put her fingers on it. Though she saw that this male was not scared of the plated monster beside him, she deemed that the monster must not be hostile
Kurt bamfed beside Spyke carrying a young child in his arms, a fireman came up to him and took the boy to safety, a little hesitant at first by Kurt’s appearance, but took the child when Kurt gently offered the poor boy to the man. The fireman ran to the ambulance to hook up the breathing machines.

“We did good today, can wait to get back home and take a shower though.” Spyke said stretching his arms and dusting off the ashes that had accumulated on his plated body as he turned back to his original form, the armor and spikes seeping back into his skin.

He looked over to Kurt frowning at his solemn look. “Hey man what’s up? You should be happy, were heroes!” Spyke said excited.

Kurt looked at the many stares of some of the firemen and victims of the fire alike, becoming alittle nervous at the lookers” Ja…”

“Alright! Everyone is evacuated; I need everyone to clear away from the building!” The chief firefighter said over a microphone.

They were about to leave when Kurt realized that someone was missing form there group. “ Vait! Veres Kitty!” he exclaimed scanning the people around him.

“Crap she must be still in there, let’s go Kurt-“Spike said about to go back in the fire Kurt followed.

A fireman blocked their way. “Wait a minute you two, I can’t let you get any close, this area around the building is to dangerous.” The man informed thought his mask.

“Our friend is still trapped in there, we need to get her out of there!” Spyke yelled becoming angry at the fireman’s stubbornness.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let anyone past this line, We are thankful for your help but we can take it from here! “ the man said unmoving

“Are you not listening?! Zere is a young girl possibility hurt up zar! Ve vont stand avound vatching our friend gets hurt!” Kurt yelled baring his teeth. He intimidated the firefighter casing the man to step back.

“Kurt let go. “ Spyke said as he they charged though the fire fighters back into the blazing building

On the roof top the woman witness this scene, she noticed that the two humans; the smallest and the one that had noticed her following them were missing from the dark skin humans group, she had figured that they were also in the fire and that the newly plated form of the dark skin human and the male member of her kind had pushed through the buckle red humans that stood around the blazing building and ran into the flames to rescue them. The woman looked over the blazing building to see that most of the middle floors were consumed by fire, there was no way that they wouldn’t be able to get up there to look for their friends in time before the building collapses.

In one swift motion and one rash decision, the woman made some distance form her and the edge of the building she was standing on and sprinted back to the edge, jumping toward a window of the burning building busting threw it and landing hard on her side on the floor, the room was less of a blazed than the rest of the building, it had only a few small flames that was eating away at the walls of the room. She crouched over in a hunched over position, keeping low to the ground to avoid as much smoke as possible, she felt little cut all over her sides that came from the glass she had busted into, but she ignored the slight sting of the small injuries and crawled over to the door ahead, felling on the wood the , cool feel touched her hands. Deeming it safe to open, she twisted the handle and carefully opened it, she poked her head out only to draw back in as a rush of hot air breezed across her face, as the heat began to make it harder for her to breathe and also began to burn her eyes. She squinted her eyes as the brilliants of the flames were too bright for her to see. She saw that all of the halls all were a blazed ,and black smoke rising to the ceiling, the woman looked up to see that the flames were begging to eat away at the ceiling, the woman began to have second thoughts and just leave while she still could.. I mean she shouldn’t risk her own life for someone she doesn’t know. That logic began to sound good to her...But something deep inside her told her that was wrong to think that way, these humans may have need of their help. And so she braved the dancing flames of this hellish place as she carefully crawl forward in her search. The heat burned her skin as she crawled on all fours down the long hallways .she began to turn a corner then suddenly of the roof that was behind her collapsed flames and embers liked at the wood and material ragingly, her cried out as her tail had been impaled by the debris. She jumped up holding her breath grabbing onto her tail to get it lose, when she finally relished it she had tears in her eye as the burning intensified at the middle of her tail as she blew on it sitting on the floor. She needed to find the humans and quickly she couldn’t stay in there much longer without losing her own life. As she blew her injury her ears twitch as the picked up a small sound among the roar of the flames, she looked to in her path to the direction of the small noise she had just heard.

Up ahead she saw a mountain of debris a small sound came from the pile aging. The woman carefully crawled to it keeping in mind of the small pieces of ceiling falling around her and her hurt tail she kept it close to her as she ventured; she flinched as something in the background made a huge boom. Recovering quickly she removed some of the rubble, trying to find the source of the sound. The woman’s eyes widen as she saw that the smallest human that was in the group lay motionless underneath, after removing all of the material on top of the human.. The woman shock the human lightly to try and wake her up only getting a groan form the human, lifting their head slightly ,eyes opened slightly at her but falling back into unconsciousness, making a small thump as it made contact with the floor. The woman looked at her surroundings, if this human was here hopefully the other one was around as well. She called out in her language for the Human, hoping that she could be heard and would come to her.. but no one came, she called aging only for it to be lost in the flames that were surrounding them suddenly the foundation of the building began to shack now as more explosions were heard in the background, she had to get out of their now though she felt guilty that the other human maybe dead. She had grown to like the human and so she carefully picked the small human she found up, throwing their arm over her own shoulders, and teleporting out of there.

Meanwhile..
“Kurt! Cough we got to get out of here, the building is about to collapse!” Spyke called out coughing slightly on the smoke that was accumulating around them to his blue friend that was only a few feet way. He could hardly be heard over the flames that roared around them

Cough Ve can’t Kitty’s still in here, vere not leaving vithout her!” Kurt answered back, suddenly the roof above him collapsed but he managed to escape by teleporting him away safely beside his armored friend, the building was now shaking and began to make cricking noises as more debris fall from all around them.

“Kurt! I don’t want to leave either but we need to get out of here! Maybe Kitty already escaped and is outside!” Spike said grabbing his blue friends arm. Kurt looked at spike and, slowly nodded and in a Bamf. They were out of their.

When they had reappeared outside the roof of the building began to cave in as sounds of snapping, explosions, and shattering glass sounded over many scrams form the victims that were still watching there home being destroyed by the flames. “Everyone, I need you all to leave the area!” the chief firefighter announced over the microphone. Spike and Kurt had no choice but to evacuate with the victims. When they were a good block away form the chaos, Kurt and Spyke and split up in such of their peppy friend Kitty. Kurt had looked everywhere he could in the surrounding area, hoping and praying that he would find her... But he could find no Kitty. She stopped running and leaned against the wall of a building to rest, still in his elfin form, he didn’t care of the stares he was receiving. All that was on his mind is that Spyke had found her and they were now looking for him.

“ Yoh ,Kurt!?” Spike asked running over to him the boy was now in his normal form. Kurt froze when he saw that Kitty wasn’t with him.

He swallowed before he asked “you couldn’t find her?…”.

Spike was quite for a moment, looking down at the pavement “ … no.. I couldn’t find her anywhere.”

Kurt slowly fell onto his hands and knees, overwhelmed, “ Oh God… zis is all my fault”. Holding back the urge to cry out, he shut his eyes and grinded his teeth, one of his best Friends were now gone. She was just here and in a blink of an eye… she was gone. if he wasn’t so paranoid he wouldn’t have noticed the fire and wouldn’t have lead her to her death, His tail twitch violently as the emotions that were raging though him trying to break free.

Spike looked down at his blue friend that was trying to control his emotions; he saw small drops of tears fall on the pavement form the usually happy Elf. He to was feeling the same and had to check his voice so it wouldn’t betray, him he placed a hand on Kurt’s shoulder. His voice crake at the beginning but cleared up as he continued to say “Hey, it’s not your fault, we face danger everyday… and besides you never know, Kitty might have escaped under our nose and at home waiting for us to return.”

Kurt stayed in the same position for a moment, saying a soft prayer in German… Hoping to God with all that he was that Spike was correct, and when he get hope, he would still see her cheerful face waiting for them to return.. Spyke removed his had form Kurt’s shoulder and began to walk forward toward their home. Kurt stood up whipping his face of any evidence of his tears, and began to follow he stopped as he felt something wet had fell on his nose , he stopped walking and looked up at the sky seeing that it begun to rain form the heavens, Kurt frowned slightly felling that this was a bad omen


While that was happening…
The blue tailed woman with the human had landed in a distant alleyway that was located a couple of blocks away from the burning building. She had landed not so gracefully on her back casing her to yelp, the wind escaping from her lungs as the human body lay on top of her. The woman gently pushed the human off of her onto the humans back and began to look around, she stood up and walked to the entrance of the ally way and saw that she was just down the road of the now smoked and rubble building she was just in, she saw the human that were dressed in thick red clothing were yelling and still shooting the smoking heap of burned material making sure that the fire was completely out. The woman ran back to the human and crouched down beside it look at it intensely, she had never been this close to a human as she watched its chest move up and down form breathing. She moved closer to the humans face and noticed deep gash on the human’s forehead and saw that blood was slowly seeping out of its head. The woman didn’t know the anatomy of a human but she knew that if she didn’t close the wound the human would die. The blue woman gently picked up the humans wrist and checked the humans pulse on their wrist. She felt a small pulse underneath the humans flesh. It was slow but she was alive, the woman was about to get to work and begin to treat the wounds but a small drop of rain halted her movements. She held her hand out as rain began to loosely fall from the sky above began to fall , the woman frowned as she knew she couldn’t treat the humans wounds there, looking back at the humans face the woman slowly picked the small form the ground and teleported out of there in search of a dry place for the night…
Sign up to rate and review this story