Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Around Again

by XxLiveyourlifExX 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-10 - Updated: 2011-03-10 - 1126 words - Complete

0Unrated
Around Again

Then they went to the grocery store. Chris explained the plan for the evening as she piled in dinner ingredients.

“At the end of every spring semester, we put together a fancy dinner for our parents to thank them.” Salad and crab cake ingredients and bread went into the cart. “We supply the food, they supply the wine.” In went steak, potatoes, and asparagus. “Dinner tonight is at
eight.”

They went down the baking aisle and Chris piled in ingredients for pie. “How fancy is fancy?” Stacy asked.

“Like I have to wear a tie, fancy?” Pete whined.

“Yes Peter, a tie would be appropriate.” She looked at Patrick. “I didn’t even think about that. You guys have dress clothes, right?”

They were in the floral department now. Chris picked out a couple of bouquets. “Ya,” Patrick replied. “We brought them for graduation. We’ll just wear them twice.”

Chris smiled at him. “What are you wearing?” Stacy asked her. “I only have one dress, and I don’t want to be underdressed.”

“I’ll show you when we get home. If you want to get something else, there are some really cute shops on our street,” Chris told her. Grocery shopping done, they checked out and drove home.

After Becca and Sara were introduced to Stacy, the girls put away the groceries and began cooking. Sara was responsible for the crab cakes and cooking the potatoes. Becca was making the salad and dressing and the asparagus. Chris was making the pie and steak. Before she started her baking, Chris took Stacy and showed her what she was wearing that night. Stacy decided to go out and buy something new. She took Andy and Joe with her. Patrick and Pete were watching tv in her room. Once her pie went in the oven she went to join them.
She walked in her room and saw them lying on her bed. She ran and jumped into the space in between them. “HELLO BOYS!”

“Hey, Chris,” they chorused.

“What are we watching?”

“CSI,” Patrick said, obviously very involved.

Chris settled back to watch for a little while. She had an hour and half before she had to get ready and then finish cooking and cleaning.

“Do we have to get your parents at the airport?” Pete asked her.

“Nope, the limo will take them to the hotel and then bring all of them here at eight.”

“Limo? Fancy.”

“Mr. Rhodes, Becca’s dad, is paying for the hotel rooms and limos for our parents. He’s also paying for the majority of our grad party tomorrow night at the hotel.”

“That’s nice of him,” Pete replied.

Chris nodded and her head dropped onto Pete’s shoulder and she reached out for Patrick’s hand. “I’m really glad you guys are here.”

“Us too,” Patrick said, squeezing her hand.

“We’re glad you’re back,” Pete responded.

After forty five minutes she took her pie out and returned to her room with the boys. At six forty-five she started running around doing last minute cleaning, marinating the steaks, putting out flowers, setting the table with Becca and Sara, and then she started to get ready. The apartment was a flurry of activity when Becca finished. She went to cook the steaks. She was just putting the steaks in the oven to keep warm when she heard the buzzer.

“They’re here!” she shouted throughout the apartment.

She took off her apron to reveal her deep purple strapless cocktail dress. She had on her favorite silver heels. Her hair was down in loose waves. She walked into the living room where everyone else was gathered. They all looked great. The boys in slacks and ties, they looked like adults. It was odd, but adorable at the same time. Becca was wearing this bright blue silk halter dress. Sara had these killer red shoes that popped with her black dress. The new dress Stacy bought was an emerald green and she looked stunning in it.
The elevator doors opened and the girls’ parents walked into the apartment. They all went to their daughter’s. After hugging her, Chris’ mom asked, “Why are the boys here?”

“They came for my graduation,” she said beaming.

“And that’s ok?” Her father asked.

“Yes, papa, it’s wonderful.”

“Good,” Mrs. Henry said. She strode over to them. “Boys! It’s been far too long,” she hugged each of them. We’ve been following you on the television and we love the CDs you’ve sent us!”

Chris left her parents with the boys and went to greet the others. “Hello Mrs. Rhodes! I love your dress!” she said, hugging her. “Mr. Rhodes, that wine you sent us was amazing!” she hugged him too.

“Tina, you look beautiful!” She was hugged by Sara’s mom.

“Thank you, Mrs. Williams.”

Then Mr. Williams hugged her. “Congratulations on not being an undergraduate anymore!”

“Thanks.” Then Chris decided to do her hostess duty. “Hello everyone! Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes and Mr. and Mrs. Williams, I’d like to introduce you to my very best friends from home. This is Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Joe Trohman, Andy Hurley, and Stacy Gill.”

There was nice to meet yous and handshakes all around. Mr. Rhodes handed Becca and I several bottles of wine. We put them on the table and also brought out the salad and crab cakes. We then announced dinner. Everyone came and sat down. Mr. Rhodes prayed and then we ate. At the end of the night, the girls, their mothers, and Stacy sat out in the living room and chatted. The fathers were doing their traditional dishwashing duties and the boys decided to help them.

Chris was sitting on the floor in front of her mother who was playing with her hair. They were talking about what they were going to do now that they were done with school. Becca was planning on doing Teach for America in the fall. Sara had an advertising job with a firm in Austin. Chris had a research job at a cancer research facility in Austin, but it didn’t start until next January. She was planning on getting an admissions job with the university until she started her real job.

During their conversation, the men had finished the dishes and had come to sit in the living room. Mr. Rhodes started asking the boys about their lives in the music industry. The boys answered all of his questions and provided some anecdotes about their lives on the road.
It was getting later, the parents decided to go back to their hotel. “Commencement is at one thirty,” Chris reminded them. She waved as the doors closed.
Sign up to rate and review this story