Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Promises Kept

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-15 - Updated: 2011-03-15 - 898 words - Complete

0Unrated
Promises Kept

“That always goes so well,” Sara commented.

“I know, right?”

“I am exhausted, though,” Becca proclaimed as she flopped onto the living room couch.

“Mmmm,” Chris agreed slipping her shoes off. “I think I’m gonna go to bed.”

“Me too,” Becca said and Sara nodded.

“We’re leaving at twelve thirty, right?”

“Yup.”

“What about the others?” Sara asked, referring to they boys and Stacy.

“Becca’s dad offered to come pick us up on their way from the hotel,” Joe informed them.

“Well, that worked out nicely,” Chris said. “Alright, night everyone.”

Chris was changed and in bed when Pete and Stacy came into her room. “You asleep yet, babe?” Stacy asked.

Chris sat up in bed, “Nope.”

“Good.” They sat down on either side of her.

“So we have something for you,” Pete said.

“Before Matt died, he gave me and Pete something to give to you for your graduation,” Stacy
said.

“He told us it was really important for you to have it. And he wanted us to tell you that he loves you and he’s sorry he can’t be here,” Pete’s voice was thick with tears.

“But he wants you to be happy. And he’s so proud of you,” Stacy added, tears in her voice too.

Pete held out a velvet box. Chris took it with shaking hands. She opened the box and gasped. Her tears stopped temporarily from the surprise. “It’s beautiful.”

It was a beautiful white gold necklace. It had a diamond and peridot star. Stacy took the necklace and Pete pulled her hair up. Stacy clasped it around her neck and kissed her cheek.

“Happy graduation, Christina,” Pete said hugging her and kissing her temple.

“We love you,” Stacy said.

Chris was in tears again. There was so much going on. She was so happy that the boys and Stacy were here and back in her life. But Matt was missing. That made her terribly sad. And then there was this necklace. Matt had thought ahead. He was such a great big brother. He had taken care of her and surrounded her with these great people who kept promises even when she wasn’t worthy of it. She felt incredibly guilty that she had thrown all of that away. Pete held her and Stacy rubbed her back while Chris tried to come to grips with everything.

Chris decided she would stop wasting what Matt had given her. She would stop feeling sorry for herself and live. She would live for Matt, but also for herself. She would never cut people out of her life like she did before. She would love her friends to the fullest and stop hiding the painful parts of her past.

“I love you guys,” she said once she had stopped crying. “Thank you so much. For everything.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart,” Stacy said as she wiped the tears off her face. “Now go to
sleep. You have to be pretty in the morning.”

“Where are you sleeping? I completely forgot…” Chris said starting to get out of bed.

“Becca made up the pullout for me in her room.”

“Oh. Ok. Good.”

“Everything’s fine, love.” Stacy kissed her forehead. “Go to sleep.”

Chris smiled up at her. “Night, Stacy.”

Stacy waved as she left the room. Pete was still sitting on the bed, being oddly quiet. He got up and went into the bathroom to change. Chris was curious. He hadn’t said a lot. When he came back out, she patted the bed. “Come sit with me.”

He did, still quiet. His eyes were red. “Are you ok?”

He nodded in response.

“Peter?”

His eyes began to fill and spill over. “I’m ok,” he said, “Really.”

She put her arms around his neck, “Really? Because you don’t seem ok…”

He wrapped his arms around her and buried his head in her shoulder. “Hey, shhh,” Chris said,
“It’s alright.”

He had recovered a bit and said, “I’m just so proud of you. When you dropped out of school, I understood, but I didn’t want you to turn into me. But you came from all of this hardship and you did well and you’re graduating and you have a job lined up. I just wish Matt were
here.”

“I wish he were here too,” Chris said, managing not to cry, “And by having you guys here, it’s almost like he’s here too. Thank you so much for coming even though I could have been a complete bust if I hadn’t gotten over myself.”

“We missed you so much,” Pete said. “And I’m pretty sure Matt would have found some way to make our lives miserable if we didn’t come.”

Chris laughed. “Probably.”

After a few minutes Chris said, “Ok, I have to at least pretend to go to bed. Let’s watch
tv?”

Pete nodded, Chris flipped on the television. CSI was still on. “Is this a marathon or
something?” She asked as she settled on the bed. She laid back and put her head on Pete’s chest.

A/N: Sooooo it looks like people are reading? But I haven't gotten a single review =( I know I said earlier I didn't care, but I really do like them =) Anywayyyyyys I hope you're enjoying the story. Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story