Categories > Original > Romance > Dreams~

Too Deep

by jadesohma 4 reviews

Warning: might cry

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-12 - Updated: 2011-03-13 - 1567 words

0Unrated
My back is on the tree trunk and my arms are around her. Her arms folded over mine. She held my hands close to her heart. I stroke the hair by my hands. I can feel her heart beating. Her head looks up at me. She smiles. I lean in to kiss her like I have every morning. And again, I feel her leave me. I just make it to her lips, she's gone.
-----
I wake up in peace, you know, when you've slept really well? Yeah, that. I feel free. Free of the chains that once held me. A.k.a Kelsey. I could do whatever I wanted now. (More than just romantically) I could get my old job back! I could get one at Barnes and Nobles... I can read! I can read in the book store! I can get new friends! I can connect better with ones I already have...

The first thing I do it rip all of my Hollister shit out of my closet. The floor was littered with the same shirt in the same or different colors. Next were my jeans. They were all boot legged. I tear those off the hanger making one huge pile of shit I hate.

You might be thinking 'what does he have to wear?' ah, I'm not an idiot. I go to my bed and Neal down in front of it. Pushing out several large boxes. I pry open the tops. My old clothes sat inside them. It was a sea of black red and neon. My back to school outfit would be perfect.
-------
Kaylee's P.O.V.

"I need to get my own car, badly." I tell Evaline. She was the late one today!

"Yes, I've known this for a while now." She tells me.

"Oh ha-ha. I've already had my coffee. No coffee for you today! HA!" I mock.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"Go home."

"Lame."

"YOU’RE LAME!"

We look at each other in silence until we burst with laughter. The whole neighborhood was filled with our obnoxious laughs. They flooded the air. They could probably hear us from the other side.

"Dude, dude, dude!" She say slapping my arm, again.

"What?!" I yell back holding her hand still.

"Sank bitch whore stole my fucken spot!" She points. I follow her burnt orange nails. A bubble gum pink Mini Cooper was in our everyday spot. "Imma fucken key her car! Put in your headphones." She demands.

Eh, this'll be fun to watch. I plug in my headphones, turning it up as high as it goes. We park, in a faraway spot, and walk to the normal spot. Evaline juggles her keys in her hands, running her hand on her sharpest key, the house key. She goes through the mini cooper and the Altima besides it. I could her the paint and metal peel through the side of the car, ripping at the driver’s side car door. Heads turned but no one said a word. I even hear cheers.

I turn off my iPod, going in for a low five from Evaline. She meets my hand. We look at each other and laugh, thinking about the look on her face. Good start to today.

We go into the eating area. We're early! Grrrr. We sit at our own table. Right across from Slut's. We laughed and looked at her. She gave us a look. She looked like she was about to say something before she screamed. "What the fuck did you do?!" We all turn now, to the stairs.

My mouth fell open. Jackson. Jackson in an all-black Bayside hoodie, tight skinny jeans and black convers. His old outfit would be a green Hollister shirt, bootleg jeans, and vans. I like this one. His eyes were dark with his rusted gold hair in his face.

"Nothing." He said quietly.

"Ooooh, bullshit!" She yelled. Going up to him. "This is not who you are." Her face lightened. "You’re so depressed without me, you've gone emo. It's alright babe, I'll take you back." She said, bringing her hand to his face. He quickly took her wrist, keeping it inches from is face.

"No. I don't want you back. You've hurt me enough." He said. He threw her hand down, walking past her. He sat on the other side of the eating area, away from everyone. Brandon went over there.

"Hey what's up body?" Rubbing his back.

Jackson whispered something.

"What was that?" He asked bringing his hand to his ear.

Jackson stood up, looking mad. "YOU’RE NOT MY FUCKEN FRIEND ANYMORE! YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH! You were sleeping with my girlfriend. I can't just be like 'oh cool! Friends!' No! I'll be a fucken hobbit if it means getting rid of you ungrateful ass holes!" He had just blown up. He looked proud of himself, like that was his thoughts all along and he's just been waiting for this.

"Dude he's PMSing!" Evaline whispered.

"Shhh! I wanna hear the come back." I think at this point everyone was on the edge of their seat.

Brandon stood there for a few minutes before talking again. "Look, I'm sorr-"

"NO!" Jackson screamed. "Sorry doesn't cut it! And wanna know something? IT NEVER CUT IT! You harassed me ALL MY LIFE! Then last year you wanted to be 'friends' and said 'sorry' for all the thing you've done the past years. That NEVER cut it. Remember when you smashed my iPod? Or when you burned ALL my work for my classes. Or when you put horse shit in my locker? You don't? 'Cause I do! OH! OH! I forgot! The worst, heartless, cruelest thing you have ever done. You made fun of me for crying in the hall when my mom died. You sat there and laughed at me. She didn't die quickly you know, she waited long painful hours for her heart to give up. There were shards of glass in there. Went right through the skin. They couldn't get it out. Too far in. If they had, they would just have to wait for her to bleed out." Tears were streaming, most got caught on his hoodie. Pure misery was in his face. Pure sadness just waiting to blow up into anger.

Brandon had his head down, not even crying like the rest of us. I looked to Evaline to see if I wasn't the only one, she was balling her eyes out.

"Just leave! Go to hell with your sank and leave the rest of the world alone!" He screamed.

"Jackson, please calm down." Kelsey said, putting her hand on his arm.

He jerks it away. "No! You were right there beside him! You laughed at me too! And now you fuck him and think I still want you? Fat chance! I feel so stupid for not seeing it before! The way you hang on each other. You make me sick!" He spat.

"Jackie..."

"Jackie!" He mocked. “Don’t you dare call me that again." He turned to Brandon. "Does Tina know? And how could you even do that to her?! She's so sweet. She's never done a thing wrong. Why would you do that to her? Oh that poor girl. She thought you loved her. YOU DON'T LOVE ANYONE! You only care about yourself! Now leave me ALONE!"

Kelsey jumped back a little. Brandon wrapped his arms around Kelsey to comfort her. Really? Your just proving him right.

No one dared to go into the danger zone around Jackson, except for me.
-----
Jackson's P.O.V.

I can feel some one behind me. I don't want to know who it is. I don't want to talk to them. I want to talk to them. "Jackson?" Never mind. Her soft voice barely above a whisper. I guess my freak out scared her.

"Yeah, Kaylee?" I ask, carefully.

"Do you want to talk about your mom?" She asks me, a bitter sweet subject.

"I-I guess." I stammer.

"I think she was a great woman. She would help me with math in 8th grade. I sucked at it back then, and she pulled me out of that." She smiles.

"Yeah, she never took any crap though." He smiles. "If I got in trouble, there went all my music, TV, video games. I love her." And I love how love wasn't in pass tense.

"She loved her family. She would always talk about her husband. She'd say you were doing bad on the subject that we were best at." She laughs.

I chuckle. "That's mom, making fun of me to help her students. Thank you mother." I say in a mock mad tone.

"She was my favorite teacher. I just thought you should know." She smiles again. Playing with her hair like always. She strokes it with her index finger and her thumb, over and over again with both hands.

"Yeah, a lot of people have said that at-"

"Her funeral, yeah I was there. I was the 197th person to speak." She laughs. "So many people loved you mom." She looks to the side. "I gotta go. But um, I hope the rest of your day is good. Just be happy, okay?" She leaves to her friend. I sit there and let the tears fall. They stream down. I guess any woman that I love is doomed.
Sign up to rate and review this story