Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter Payback Time

Chapter 6 Gringots and Will's

by skyfrog 0 reviews

Sirius leaves a few surprises for Harry

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-03-13 - Updated: 2011-03-14 - 2014 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 6 - Gringots and Will's

It was only a short while ago that Harry, Hermione, Dan, and Emma had a conversation that lead them to this point.

Harry walked right up to the first Goblin he saw, "Master Griphook who do I speak to about a notification of a will reading?"

"Mister Potter you remember me?"

"Of course I do Griphook, I am not like any other wizard; I remember those I communicate with." said Harry quite honestly.

"Oh I meant no disrespect Mr. Potter, it's just most Wizards and even Witches don't care to remember our names."

"I see Master Griphook, if I ever get the chance to change that I will. For I do not take kindly for anyone to be bullied. Besides, you take care of our money; not a wise thing to insult or degrade those who control the money of the wizarding community. I treat you well because I was not treated well and I did not like it. If I show you respect then I would hope you would take care of my money and make me more. Besides, the more money I make the more you make isn't that correct Master Griphook?"

"Indeed it is Mr. Potter."

"Please Master Griphook you can call me Harry, I don't care for all those lengthy titles for they have no real meaning for me."

"Very well Harry, only if you will call me Griphook. Now I can help you with your Godfathers will, can you tell me who is in charge of my account Harry?"

"That would be Hamhand. Griphook is there any way to change who is in charge of my account?"

"Of course Harry, you are in charge ultimately."

"Let's take this somewhere more private so we can discuss this further, I think a conference room will work for now."

"Very well Griphook lead the way."

"Harry before we go any further, I see that you have others with you do you wish for them to be part of the discussion?"

"Yes Griphook I do. I have in fact invited them to help me with the things I may not understand. I felt I needed to have an adult I could trust that would support me during these dreadful times."

"I understand Harry, now to business. Do you wish to discuss the will or your account first?"

"Dan what do you think we should discuss first?" Harry asked as he turned his head in Dan's direction.

"Well Harry I think it would be good to get the who's in charge of your account taken care of first, then take care of the will."

"Griphook I think Dan makes a good point, how do we go about getting my account attendant changed?"

"One second Harry (Griphook takes a small pensive looking device off his desk and speaks into it Goblygook) it will only be a few minutes before the appropriate Goblins arrive to make the change do you have someone in mind for that job?"

"As a matter of fact I do Griphook, I was wondering if you would take care of my account for me."

"Me really, are you sure Harry?"

"Why Griphook are you not up for the task?"

"It's not that Harry, it's just I wondered why."

"I will tell you Griphook. It is because you were the first goblin I ever met."

"I would be honored to be your account manager Harry."

Knock, knock

"Harry those are the goblins we are expecting, come in."

"Mr. Harry Potter, I am Hamhand I am your current account manager; this behind me is Ragnok the president of Gringots." Harry immediately got to his feet and bowed, Hermione, Dan, and Emma followed Harry's lead and bowed as well.

Ragnok spoke to Harry "You young Mr. Potter wishes to show respect and yet you don't even know who I am. That is impressive youngling."

"King Ragnok you are mistaken, I indeed know who you are but I don't understand is why you yourself who have come down for this?"

"I am indeed the King of the Goblins, but I am also the President of this bank and as such it is my job to oversee changes of accounts as big as yours. Anytime there is a change in an account such as yours, I am involved due to the wizard and goblin laws. Mr. Potter-"

"Please King Ragnok, call me Harry."

"Very well Harry, as long as you call me Ragnok."

(Hermione just sat there with her mouth open in awe, the fact that the king of the goblins Ragnok is dealing with Harry is amazing due to the fact that no wizard has had contact with the king of the goblins in a few thousand years.)

Damn I never would have thought that Harry would have such pull, I mean he is a powerhouse he just doesn't know it yet and all because he treats everyone as an equal. If I get a chance to get a hold of his miscreant relatives oh they will pay. she thought.

"Now Harry I understand you want to change the account manager for your account is that correct?"

"Yes Ragnok it is. It's not that I don't think Hamhand is not doing a good job, which I am sure he is doing a great job, but I have never met him until now; nor have I heard how my accounts are doing. I have never received a monthly statement, nor have I had any other kind of communication with anyone from Gringots except Griphook here when I have come to the bank itself."

"I see Harry, I will be personally looking into why these things that are supposed to happen regularly have not or if they have, why you have not been receiving them."

"Thank you Ragnok, now what must we do to change the accountant?"

"It is just a matter of signing this document here Harry and we will handle the rest."

"Now can we get onto the real matter at hand, the will reading please?"

"Of course Harry, if there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask anyone of the goblins here."

"If you don't mind Ragnok, I would prefer to only deal with a few goblins; mainly you Ragnok, Griphook, and maybe one other if you don't mind. I do have an idea I would like to speak with you about, but at a later time. I will make the time to talk with you, just let Griphook here know, thank you Ragnok."

Hamhand and Ragnok left the conference room.

"Now Griphook on to the will if you please."

"Right Harry, as you knows Sirius Black was your Godfather. What you may not know that is not know, is that Sirius made you the head of the Black family.

"That mangy old dog did what ah damn it all!"

"Harry, language sir."

"Sorry Hermione, it's just its bad enough that I am a Potter, now he has to go and muck up the waters by making me a Black to I mean ah! Do you realize Hermione what that means? According to what I have read, it means as the head of to most ancient and noble families I must take a wife for each family in order to continue the family lines.

"WHAT, BUT WHY... would Sirius- you mangy flea bitten crazy man, how could you do this to Harry?"

"Ok continue Griphook, what else has that madman bestowed upon me?"

"Well let me read the will to you, you might want to take a seat; it is only going to get worse."

"I Sirius Orion Black, give this here Last Will and Testament in sound mind body and spirit, if there are will crashers here such as Dumbledore or even Minister of Magic get out and sod off, because you have no business here. Now when I have finished with a family or person with their part of the will they need to go.

Narcissa Malfoy, you are here by divorced from that poof Lucius "the Wanker" Malfoy for no other reason than I am the head of the Blacks, and I wanted to give all a parting gift; so ta-ta you're a Black once more and the new head of Blacks will deal with you how he sees fit.

For you crazy Bellatrix Lestrange, you used to be sweet once upon a time, but that time has come and gone. You are here by divorced from that troll of a husband Rodolfo Lestrange for being abusive and a follower of the dark.

Draco Malfoy, the spawn of the useless git. You probably thought you were the next Lord Black, but you're not and from this day forth you are no longer a Black so get your slimy git self up and darken my doorstep no more.

Weasley's to you, I leave 5 million galleons. For all that you did for Harry when I could not, do not think of this as a hand out but a hand up. It's not like I can take it where I am going so use it well, and Arthur do go and enjoy some of it. Molly spend some of it on yourself and get something nice. Ron, I took the liberty of purchasing you season tickets to the Chudley Cannons as well as full set of new quidditch gear and a broom of your choice. Ginny, you get 500 galleons to spend how you want. Fred and George you two have the only thing I thought was suitable for two pranksters and that's the Marauders notebook, use it well. Charlie, you get a few dragon eggs that from what I was told; are rare or almost extinct. Percy, even though you are a prat I felt it would not be right to leave out a Weasley, so you get 500 galleons and please go spend it on a certain Penelope. Bill, to you I leave a book on wards and how to break them from the Black Library. Now that the Weasley's part is done I can take a breath.

Ok on to the next person Hermione Granger. Hermione, first and foremost thank you for looking out for my godson. Now my dear down to business, I have taken yet another liberty and asked that the goblins go around the world and purchase every book magical and non for you and on top of that you my lovely bookworm own the entire Black Library except for the book given to Bill.

Padfoot take care of Harry for me will you please, and I have left you with a magical tailor who has all ready been paid to make you clothes that will survive your furry little problem. I have also made you Harry's financial advisor, and as such you get a stipend of 500 galleons a month. No Padfoot, you cannot turn this down, what is done is done.

Harry pup, I know you would rather have me but alas that is not the case, so I leave to you everything. The title Lord Black is yours do with it as you like. Do me a final solid though, bring the name Black into the light where it belongs and destroy that God awful painting of my dear ole mum. As for everything else, I have left you little notes for you about stuff in what was my vault for you.

May the marauders live forever!


That is all of the will Harry, you of course do not need to be here on Friday for the reading, but you can be if you so choose. You take control of everything he left you. Also as I am sure you are unaware that in becoming Lord Black you are now majority, and as such, free to use magic and no longer bound to live with your relatives."

"So Griphook your telling me I am free to live where I want now?"

"That is exactly what I am saying Harry. Harry there is one more will to go over and that is your parents."
Sign up to rate and review this story