Categories > Cartoons > Batman

Nightmare

by Ncisfan1212 0 reviews

Dick has a nightmare. Bruce calms him down. one-shot

Category: Batman - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Alfred Pennyworth,Batman,Robin - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-15 - Updated: 2011-03-16 - 266 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bruce Wayne looked over at the young charge that had fallen asleep on the couch. His eyes glistened and he pulled a throw blanket over the boy. Dick Grayson had been in his care for almost a year now. The boy was ten. He couldn't believe that he had an adopted a son who had turned out to be his sidekick too. The thought made him smile. His happy thoughts were gone when a small whimper caught his attention. He looked over at his son, who was sweating and shaking violently. He rushed to the child and shook him gently on the shoulder. The boy's green eyes fluttered open. He waited a moment, as if making sure no one was there, and then slowly curled out of the fetal position. Bruce knelt down next to him. The boy's lip quivered as he latched onto his father and began sobbing. Bruce stood and rubbed small circles on the boy's back, hushing him. After ten minutes, Dick calmed down, and just sat there, clinging to his father.

"What was it about?" Bruce asked. The boy had been having nightmares the past week, always shaking like a leaf. He'd never actually told Bruce what they were about, but just sat there quietly, enjoying the safety he felt in his father's arms, until he fell asleep. Robin shook his head and buried his face into his father's shoulder, still shaking. Bruce sighed. He waited for a few minutes as he heard Robin's breathing slow. He waited until he was positive the boy was asleep before silently tucking him back in.
Sign up to rate and review this story