Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom hearts III Masters of the Keyblades

Welcome to the island

by Necrophiliac666 0 reviews

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-20 - Updated: 2011-03-21 - 2263 words

0Unrated
Kingdom Hearts belongs to Square Enix and Disney. Thank you to my co-writer morbid333. Enjoy

XXX

In the middle of the ocean, a single dingy sailed alone, closing towards a single solitary island. Inside it were two individuals, and one canine.

'Well I say it was Divine Providence what escaped us from jail,' said the first of the two, Ragetti. He was a blond, tall man. Thin and dressed in rags, dirt covering him form head to toe. In his hands, he held a black book, the bible.

'And I say it was me being clever,' replied the second man, Pintel. He was much shorter and wider than his colleague was. He was also filthy and in rags. He alone rowed the boat with both oars 'Ain't that right, poochy?' He said as the canine in the boat sat up, keys in his mouth.

'Well how do you know it wasn't Divine Providence what inspired you to be clever? Anyways, I ain't stealing no ship,' replied Ragetti.

'It ain't stealing, it's salvaging. And since when did you care?' Pintel asked.

'Since we're not immortal no more. We gots to take care of our immortal souls.' Ragetti answered, pointing to the bible in his hands.

'You know you can't read.'

'It's the Bible. You get credit for trying.'

'Pretending to read the Bible is a lie! That's a mark against...' Pintel silently began pointing up to the sky. The argument was interrupted as the scruffy dog let out a bark. 'Look! There it is!' one of the men enthusiastically shouted as he pointed towards the large ship docked at the island. Quickly, the dog jumped out of the boat and began swimming to the island.

'What's got into him?' Ragetti asked.

'Musta seen a catfish,' Pintel replied, causing them both to laugh.

'Stupid mongrel!' Ragetti called out as the dog climbed onto the sand and shock the water from his coat.

'Come on! It's ours for the taking!' Pintel shouted as the dingy pulled up to the beach.

'Tide's coming in, that should help. Well, salvaging is saving, in a manner of speaking,' Ragetti replied as the two jumped out of the boat.

'There's the truth of it!' Pintel said. Both stopped as drumming could be heard in the distance.

'Suppose we'd better save it as soon as we can, what with our souls being in such a vulnerable state and all,' Ragetti suggested.

'Amen to that!'

XXX

'This is port royal, right?' Sora asked as the group of eight tramped forward. Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Sam, Shadow, and Relm had been moving through the foliage for quite some time, 'it's different from the rest of the world that I saw last time I was here,' Donald and Goofy were both in agreement with the statement.

'I am not surprised,' Sam stated keeping to the back of the group. Even further than him was Shadow, wandering behind everyone else. Aloof and hidden within the confines of his mind as his body continued on autopilot, automatically avoiding any twigs or leaves. 'Much of this world has yet to be discovered.'

'It's not as bad as I thought so far,' Kairi admitted.

'What were you expecting?' Relm asked. Boredom had struck her, and as such, she decided to make conversation to pass time.

'Well, when Sora told me about it, I got the impression that there would be many people who would try to...you know...'

'What? Oh, you mean rape you,' Relm replied rather loudly, causing the others of the group turn their heads towards the two.

'Not so loud!' Kairi whispered.

'Um, what are you two talking about?' Riku asked.

'Isn't it obvious,' Sam spat, 'are we going?'

'What's wrong, are you scared?' Relm asked, continuing the conversation from before.

'Aren't you?' Kairi questioned.

'Nah. After all, I have Sam and Shadow to look out for me. You don't need to worry either; after all, Sora and Riku won't let anything happen to you. Sure, it's not as good as having sociopaths for a father and boyfriend who would kill anyone without a second thought. But they're good enough.'

'Um, thanks... I think. Wait, did you say boyfriend?'

'That's not really important. Let' go.'

Sam began to move faster, slowly making his way to the front of the group, 'strange.'

'What?' Sora asked.

'The leaves are oddly scattered,' Sam answered.

'How do you mean?' Riku asked.

'Look around,' Sam replied, 'examine the ground carefully.

Riku did so. At first he did not notice anything out of place. However, on closer examination, he noticed that the leaves were more abundant in curtain patches. It was clearly not done by the wind; rather they were purposefully placed there by someone.

'Who could have put them there?' Kairi asked.

'Gawrsh, looks like there's another up ahead,' Goofy acknowledged as he pointed forward to another cluster of leaves.

'They're animal traps,' Shadow simply answered.

'Indeed,' Sam said as he brushed away the leaves, revealing a rope, 'clearly to capture wild animals. If it were made to trap humans, then it would have been disguised better.'

'So what does that mean?' Donald impatiently asked.

'It means this island is inhabited,' Sam answered.

'Okay, so lets go find them,' Sora suggested.

'That will not be a good idea,' Sam answered, 'Judging by these traps, the inhabitants are most likely primitive, and so may be more difficult to communicate with. More so than you are used to.'

'So, do we just leave?'

'That would be the logical choice of action.'

'Alright, so we just find a way off of this island then?' Sora asked.

'Or we could have Squall bring us back to the ship and send us somewhere else. However, the teleportation system is unreliable. Which would you prefer?'

'Let's see if we can make our way off of this island,' Sora said as he made his way through the foliage, followed by his comrades.

'Perhaps you should go in front,' Sam said to Shadow, 'that way he will not accidentally trigger one of the...' Sam's eyes suddenly widened, 'Wait Sora!' One of the traps was hidden, one made to trap humans. Sam rushed forward, but was too late. Sora's foot pulled at the camouflaged rope, and the damage was done. From underneath the skilfully placed grass and leaves sprung a net. Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Goofy, and even Sam, who had rushed forward, were all caught in it like flies in a web. Relm too would have been caught, if not for Shadow's expert reflexes and speed. He quickly pulled her out of the way.

'Ugh! I can't believe we got caught in a trap,' Sora exclaimed, but quickly silenced himself as he heard a rustling coming from the surrounding undergrowth. Shadow pulled Relm with him and hid within the forest. Soon, human figures stepped out, all with dark complexions and wearing the same type of clothing, the kind of clothing worn by natives of lands untouched by modern day. Sora looked around to see that they were surrounded, 'hey, let us out! If you don't-'

'This is hardly the time to make threats,' Sam shot.

'Then what should we-' Sora quickly winced as he felt a sharp pain in his neck. Sora reached for it, and felt an object there. He pulled it out and saw that it was a dart of some kind. Slowly, his senses deafened. He called hear people shouting his name, but right now that was impossible to comprehend. Everything became much more distant, until he finally blacked out completely.

XXX

'Sora, wake up. I think the poison's wearing off.' Sora knew that voice.

'Will...is that you?' Sora asked as he opened his eyes. Slowly, his vision recovered from its blurry state. He would have been exited if his head would stop spinning for a second. He looked around, seeing a strange kind of cage surrounding him, in it along with him, Will, and his comrades, were several people he did not recognise. Across was another cage, 'where are we, and what are you doing here?'

'I'm sure you've guessed that this is a remote island, I was told I could find Jack here.'

'Jack?

'Yes, and I found him. He is the apparently the chief of these people.

'If he's the chief,' Kairi began, 'then why did they put us in here?'

'Aye, the Pelegostas made Jack their chief. But he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief.' Spoke one of the men

'Who's that?' Sora asked.

'Mister Gibbs. An old friend of Jacks, and part of the black pearl's crew,' Will answered before turning to the man, 'So he had no choice. He is a captive then as much as the rest of us.'

'Worse, as it turns out. See, the Pelegostas believe Jack is a god in human form...and they intend to do him the honour of releasing him from his fleshy prison.'

'That's horrible!' Kairi exclaimed.

'They'll roast him and eat him.'

'Where's the rest of the crew?' Will asked, changing the subject for the moment.

'These cages we're in weren't built till after we got here,' Sora quickly jumped back away from the cage made of bones as he heard this 'the feast is about to begin. Jack's life will end when the drums stop.'

'Well, we can't just sit here and wait then, can we?' Will concluded.

'So the question is how do we get up there?' Sora asked.

'A simple question will be rewarded with a simple answer,' said Sam, 'the vine holding this cage up is a pivot. If we create enough momentum, then it may be enough sway the cage to the ledge.'

'Huh?'

'So, you're saying if we rock the cage back and forth, then we will be able to reach the cliff and climb up?' Gibbs summarized.

'Yes.'

And so it began. Those in the cage began throwing their force against the cage, and then back, building momentum. Each push sent the cage a bit closer to the Cliffside. The rest of the crew seemed to catch on, because soon enough, the second cage was doing the exact same thing. They closed in on the cliff, and the inhabitants of the cage reached out for the vines growing off, but to no avail. They tried several times. On the fourth attempt, they got a grip on them.

'Put your legs through, start to climb!' Gibbs shouted. The crew did so, getting an appropriate footing on the cliff. They began to climb.

'Come on, it will take all of us to crew the Black Pearl!' Will announced.

'Actually, you wouldn't need everyone, 'bout six would do,' answered a voice from the other cage, making everyone stop, and soon, even the drums ceased, 'oh dear.'

'Hurry!' Will shouted as the two cages hurried up the wall. Suddenly, several faces contorted in horror as they all set their gaze on the same thing. It was one of the natives, crossing the bridge above head. Both cages stopped and fell silent as they waited for him to pass. However, the other cage saw this as a perfect opportunity to get to the pearl first, as they continued.

'Wait!' Will whispered, and was suddenly filled with panic. As soon as the native realised what was going on, it was too late. A black clad figure grabbed him from behind, and with his blade, cut the man's throat, and pushed him over the bridge.

'Shadow?' Sora questioned, wincing at the sight. Shadow wasted no time as he jumped to the edge of the cliff. He began cutting at the other cage, against the screams and pleas of its occupants. He made short work of the vine, and it fell to the canal bellow. There was no time for questions, as those in the cage made there way up the cliff, when they reached the top, Will spoke.

'We need to smash it open. There,' Will announced as he pointed to a small ledge.

'Lift it like a lady's skirt!' Gibbs ordered.

'No, roll it!' Sam challenged. Half of the crew attempted to lift it, while others rolled it. Inevitably, the cage rolled, although it was out of the crew's control. It rolled over the ledge, and smashed on the ground, leaving the crew in a mess on the floor.

'Stand,' Shadow said as he approached them.

'Where's Relm?' Sora asked as he got to his feet.

'She elected to distract the natives.'

'Got it. You guys secure the ship, and we will save Jack and Relm,' said Sora as he, Donald, and Goofy stepped away from the others, 'I guess we should find Relm first.

'She is more than capable of taking care of herself. Save the pirate first,' Sam suggested, 'try not to keep us waiting too long.'

'We will meet up at the pearl, which is at the western base of the island,' Will said as the two groups separated.
Sign up to rate and review this story