Categories > Original > Fantasy > Love before Death

Chapter 3 *Going Back To School Brings Sadness

by SasuNaruBabyGirl 2 reviews

so sad

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-21 - Updated: 2011-03-21 - 1498 words

1Moving
I walked through the school doors and stopped. Everyone in the hall way stopped to stare. Kristen helped me through the hallway and helped me to unlock my locker. She pulled it open and handed me my books that I needed.
“Welcome back,” Erika shouted hugging me. I hugged her back then she pulled away only to wrap her arms around Kristin. A few minutes later she pulled back and grabbed my hand. “I am to spend the whole day with you in Mrs. Cade’s class. You are to stay there till after lunch.”
“Why-”
“You are to listen to what I say or I’ll get into trouble,” she whined and I put my arm around her. She helped me to Mrs. Cade’s class. I walked through the door and Mrs. Cade greeted me her brownish blond hair falling in front of her green/blue eyes.
“It’s good to see you back at school Chris,” She smiled hugging me. I instantly hugged her back. She was my favorite teacher and I loved her. “Erika already told you that you are to stay in here for the first five periods right?”
I nodded and she smiled. She shut her door and handed me a pencil and paper. I looked at her and she pointed to the table at the back of the room.
“Write a poem about why you took that bullet for Erika,” She ordered. I nodded and went to the back. I loved writting so it didn’t take me long. I wrote this softly and delicately.
‘We hid at first, terrified for our lives. I hugged her close, thinking about being taken as captives. I closed my eyes as he grabbed my hair; he pulled us up and outta there. He thrust me aside and I ran out front. He aimed ready for the hunt. As he shot the gun I nearly screamed as I jumped up and took the shot already done. I loved her more than anything and I’d do it again, anyday.'
I walked up to the desk and handed her the paper. It took me almost five minutes. She gaped at me as she read it. I went to sit by Erika. We sat in the floor and she laid her head on my shoulder. We talked and held hands.
She smiled at me her face flawless. Her eyes had shown blue. I forgot that her eyes changed color. She blushed as I stared at her. I started to smile as she giggled.
“Alright, I’m going to the bathroom then to get you guys something to snack on,” Mrs. Cade said standing from her light gray chair and leaving the room. I sat with Erika just staring into space.
Suddenly I had the urge to kiss her. I paused then turned to her. I brought her lips to mine and kissed her. She didn’t hold back she kissed me. Her mouth full on mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer. She smiled into the kiss as I suddenly remember the thing with Mr. Allen.
I pulled away from her and went to get my binder. I opened it ands started writing down things. The first thing on the sheet of paper was the gunman’s stats. I then wrote down Mr. Allen’s stats. I also wrote down what I thought Mr. Allen had to do with me getting shot.
“What are you doing?” Erika asked and I stood up. I walked to the door and she followed me. I walked out the door and up to the office. No one was in there so I walked in and searched the desk. There was something in there about the man. It was an article about him. I picked it up and I read.
‘The Tester has escaped. He broke out last night. Some say he is looking for a Friend that goes by The Pro. Whatever his reasons be careful. He is a dangerous man. He is tricky and crafty. He will do anything to get what he wants. Do not underestimate him. If you see or hear anything about him call nine-one-one immediately.’
‘What the hell?’ I asked myself. Then I looked further into the stack and found a picture of the man. ‘So Coach really had something to do with this.’
“We hate to get outta here,” Erika rushed grabbing my hand. I followed her out of the room and took the pictures with me. I had to find more things.
We walked into Mrs. Cade’s classroom and sat down just as she walked in. We had been in her classroom for the first five periods and we were starting to get bored.
“You guys come this way,” Mrs. Cade said and we got up and followed her out the door. She led us out the Jr. High building and to the gym.
“SURPRISE!” Three groups of people yelled. All of the six, seventh, and eighth grade were circled around a cake. It said ‘Welcome back Chris’. Tears filled in my eyes as they all cheered.
“Thank you so much,” I mumbled seeing everyone smiling. I wiped away the tears and grinned at my friends. I gripped my stomach as pain shot threw it. I held in my gasp as Erika came to my side. “I’m fine.”
“Are you sure?” She asked and I nodded. I glanced around at everyone and they were all celebrating my bravery.
After we at some cake we played some games. I won two outta three. We played dodge ball and Scatter ball my team won and then I did. I had so much fun.
Finally the teachers let us dance. I was so shocked that I nearly fell. I danced with Erika the first three songs. Then I seen that Miranda was all alone. I felt sorry for her. After all it was my fault that she broke up with Erika. So I headed towards her.
“What do you want?” she growled. I held my hand out to her. She glared at me and smacked it away. Everyone gasped and looked at us. Erika rushed to my side when she seen what Miranda had done.
“Are you sure?” I asked grabbing Erika’s hand. Miranda nodded and I pulled Erika back to the dance floor and we twirled in unison. Just like that night at the dance. Only difference was that I was hers now and she was mine.
“Where’s Jordan?” I asked and suddenly felt an odd feeling. I closed my eyes and then shivered. I rushed outside just as I seen someone pass by. There on the ground was Jordan. She was bleeding, but breathing. Erika behind me screamed and the teachers rushed to us.
“Call the office,” Mrs. Cade shouted. “We’re going into lock down right now.”
“Jordan! Stay with me sweetie,” I mumbled stripping my shirt. I placed It over the mark that was etched into her back. Wiping away the blood I could see that it said ‘Payback’. What the hell was going on?
Tears streaked my face as I heard her breathing stop. I placed my mouth to hers and started breathing for her. I pumped on her chest trying to get her to breath again, but it was to late. My best friend was gone and now I had only Erika.
“NO!” I screamed sobbing as people gather around me. I clutched her to my chest, tears falling from my face and landing on hers. I sobbed as people gather around us. I stoked her brown hair and closed her piercing blue eyes.
“Everyone go inside,” Mrs. Morgan said ushering them in. Erika, Shae, Sherrie, and Kristen stayed by my side. I couldn’t handle it. I cursed under my breath. I lost my best friend, my sister and my family.
“Shh…” Erika said pulling me into her arms. I cried into her breast as Shae pulled Jordan away and covered her up. Erika clutched me to her and I sobbed into her shirt.
“JORDAN!” Her mother cried rushing to us. She screamed as she seen her baby. I cried harder realizing it was my fault that she had lost her baby girl.
“It’s not your fault,” Erika cooed tears falling from her eyes.
“Yes it is,” I cried looking at her. “I should have protected her. I should have been there for her.”
I walked up to Jordan’s mom. I hugged her and she wrapped her arms around me. I kissed her forehead and stroked her hair. I let her cry into my naked chest.
“I’m sorry. I should’ve helped her,” I mumbled tears still falling from eyes.
“It isn’t your fault,” she assured picking up her daughter. “I just hope they find who did this to her.”
“I will,” I mumbled as she carried Jordan to her car. “I promise you that I will.”
Sign up to rate and review this story