Categories > Original > Fantasy > Love before Death

Chapter 4 *Unexpected News At A Funeral

by SasuNaruBabyGirl 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2011-03-23 - Updated: 2011-03-23 - 1559 words

1Ambiance
Four days after Jordan’s death was her funeral. I wept for her my life a living hell. I could not stand for her not to be by my side. I kept thinking that she would just walk trough the door and go ‘Hey what’s up?”
I could not take it. I loved her so much and I had lost her. She was my best friend. THe only one who understood me. She never resented me or thought of me bad. She knew who I was and who I wanted to be.
“I can’t believe it,” I mumbled voice scratchy from nights of crying myself to sleep. The only sanctuary I had was my own room and my girlfriend, Erika.
“Shh…” She said pulling me into a hug. I cried into her shoulder as we walked up to Jordan for the viewing before the actual funeral.
I looked at her. She was beautiful. Her piercing blue eyes were closed and she was wearing make-up, even though I was sure that if she had a say in it she would refuse. Even now, I felt that she would come back and haunt the person who put that make-up on her. Her brown hair was braided and pulled over her shoulder. She was wearing lipstick and a broach that I had bought her for her birthday on her chest.
I broke down into tears and Erika cuddled me to her as we walked away and sat on the couch. I buried my face in her chest crying my eyes out as she pulled me close. She kissed my head and stroked my hair careful not to hurt me. She was all I had left.
“I know. Shhh…” she cooed pulling me closer. I hugged her and she smiled a sad smile. Then something caught my eye and I seen that it was Mr. Allen.
“I’ll be back,” I mumbled following him outside. I caught up to him and seen him. He stood outside a cigarette in his hand, it was unlit.
Then a man came up to him. I moved as close as I could and hid in a bush making very little movement. I heard the mysterious man laugh and shake my principal’s hand.
“You did well, my student,” The man said pulling a girl into his arms. “One day you will be as devious as I.” He pulled the girl into his arms and planted a kiss on her lips.
“Knock it off,” Mr. Allen growled throwing down the cigarette and glared at the man. “By the way I don’t appreicate the fact that you had to kill kids at my school.”
“Well, what do you expect? You were the one who quit the group. Now we are after a better price. That cute little kid, What was his name? Christopher Spring?” He turned to the girl and she nodded.
“No,” Mr. Allen growled at the man, who instantly jumped four feet back.
“He will die sooner or later and it will be all your fault,” The girl chuckled falling back into the shadows with the man. Watching Mr. Allen go in I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Erika.
‘Hello?’ She asked. “Chris where are you?”
“Outside come on out here I’ll meet you at the front door,” I replied then hung up my phone.
I met her five minute later and pulled her to the side. I hugged her and cried into her chest as we sat in the grass. If I was going to die I was going to do it avenging Jordan. She encircled me with her arms and sang to me her beautiful voice calming me.
Minutes later I told her about what I had over heard and she nearly started crying herself. She smiled and whispered something in my ear that made me blush. I pulled her to me and put my lips to hers. She kissed me back and pulled me on top of her.
“Later,” I mumbled hearing my mom coming closer. I stood up and pulled her with me. I wiped off the lose grass and we walked in for a funeral I was no where prepared for.
All through the thing I cried. Erika sat by me and cried as well. I hadn’t noticed before, but all the Jr. High was there. Literally teachers and all. I cried as the preacher called me up.
“Christopher here would like to say a few words then he and Erika would like to sing a song that they wrote,” The man said and I walked up.
“Jordan was my best friend. She was special to me and I loved her. She looked out for me and made me feel better when I was down. I can’t stand the thought of losing her, but as I see her laying here, I know that I’ll see her again,” I said nearly coming to tears.
Erika walked up the steps, her guitar in hand and stood next to me. I pulled the microphone out of the holder, thing, and grabbed the one the preacher offered. I put it on a small stand and put it next to the Guitar. Slowly she started to strum. The sound was rich and delightful.
“We wrote this day before yesterday and it’s called ‘Dearest Friend,” I mumbled keeping time with Erika. Slowly we started singing.
“Gone from this world, leaving only the memories I have. No one will try to take that away. You left nothing at all only sadness and fear. I rue the day that you should hear me say this. I pulled away from the madness trying to cure what could have been from inside of meeeee.
I cry at night thinking of you. I try so hard to seeeee. I lie at night in a cold, cold world where only I will beeee. I wish so much that you were hear so that I could see you smile. To cheer for you and watch you mooo-ve on. I only want to hear you sweee-eet laugh.
Every day the same old thing, people laughed at me. I cried all night and swore all day, yet you were never far. You stayed by my side and never left me be. I was different so were you, but we were oone in the same. You challenged me, I challenged you nothing came between.
I cry at night thinking of you. I try so hard to seeeee. I lie at night in a cold, cold world where only I will beeee. I wish so much that you were hear so that I could see you smile. To cheer for you and watch you mooo-ve on. I only want to hear you sweee-eet laugh.
Now you’re in the sky, dreaming with the angels. I long for your sweet, sweet smile to beam down upon me. You fly at night while I sleep. You help me be. I wander now alone at night, yet you always seem to find me. I tried so hard yet, to you I never failed.
I cry at night thinking of you. I try so hard to seeeee. I lie at night in a cold, cold world where only I will beeee. I wish so much that you were hear so that I could see you smile. To cheer for you and watch you mooo-ve on. I only want to hear you sweee-eet laugh.
Thanks always Jordy for protecting me…” We trailed off as people cried. We exited the stage tears in our eyes as Jordan’s mom came and hugged me.
“That was beautiful,” She cried and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back tears streaming down my face as I kissed her forehead. “She would have loved it.”
I smiled through my tears as she left me for her husband. Erika pulled me onto the bench as I sobbed. She, once again, pulled me to her and soothed me as the procession started. It was the only thing we weren’t going to. I couldn’t handle having to see them burry her.
“Come on,” Erika said pulling me to the car. I got in the drivers seat and we drove home.
I parked in her drive way and we got out. She opened the door and ushered me in. She grabbed some cokes and we headed upstairs. Her parents trustd me after all. I was a good friend of her dad’s. I sat on the bed as she turned on some music. It was Elvis Presaly, her favorite person of all time.
Sat the soda to the side and lay down on the bed. She sat by me stoking my hair. I kissed her hand and brought her down onto my chest. I kissed her lips and she kissed me back. I flipped over and tried to keep my weight off of her. She giggled as I kissed down her neck.
“I love you,” I mumbled thought back to what the strange man had said. ‘The kid will die and it will be your fault.’
“I love you too,” Erika said and I fell to the side. She cuddled to my chest and we slowly drifted to sleep on her bed. In her house all alone.









Sign up to rate and review this story