Categories > Original > Fantasy > Love before Death

Chapter 5 *Bright Idea On the Most Mournful Days

by SasuNaruBabyGirl 1 review

aww

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2011-03-24 - Updated: 2011-03-24 - 1217 words

0Unrated
I walked through the school my head hung in despair. No one talked to me, or even tried. I had an odd feel to me that said ‘Talk to me and die.’ When I had that feel no one would come near me. Well no one but Erika, that is. She was always with me.
I walked to my locker and put in my combo. I grabbed my books and headed to homeroom, with Mrs. Maya. I walked through the door and waited as she called role. Everyone answered and then it got to Jordan and she passed it. I nearly broke into tears as I looked at the empty seat beside me. Nothing would bring her back, but I would avenge her death.
The bell finally rang, after the announcements, and I headed to Jordan’s locker. It was a full locker and hers was in the corner. I pinned a picture of Jordan to the locker and placed flowers below it. Then headed off to class, with her books in my hand.
I gave each teacher their book and then headed to computer class with Mrs. Cory. Her black hair was pinned up that day and she had her daughter with her. Mrs. Katherine had long wavy black hair and beautiful brown eyes that were red from crying. He r hands were small and dainty, but she was a hard woman. She was tall and young. She would sub when there was one needed. She could really keep the kids under control. Truth be told everyone’s afraid of her.
We turned on the computers, Erika and I, then typed in the passwords and sat down with our library books. I read ‘The Mists Of Avalon’ while she read a book call ‘Cell’. Which at first I thought said ‘Ceil’. I read absent minded, knowing I’d have to reread that chapter again.
We read the whole period and were glad when the bell rang. We headed towards the library and the wind blew. There was a total anime scene again, but neither of us said anything. We were both to depressed to think. Nothing anyone could do could help me get my revenge.
We walked into the library and I flashed back to that day nearly eight days ago. Me sitting there protecting Erika then me instantly on the floor. It was painful and tiring. I was just glad that she didn’t get hurt. She might have beed scared to death, but not hurt.
“Chris?” Erika asked and I snapped out of my trance as I finished putting up my last book. I sighed and got on the internet and looked at pictures of random things. After that I got bored so I play ‘Minesweeper’.
Earlier I had found out that it was a mathematical game and was quite shocked because it was so fun. I was on expert and had just finished it when the bell rang for break. I walked, hand in hand, back to the Jr. High building with Erika. We entered the door and seen nobody was in the hall.
We headed to our lockers and I noticed that Jordan’s locker was covered in flowers or pictures, colored and photographed. Some card even hung and her dress that she wore to her first dance. A lock of her hair was hung and I laughed to myself as I dropped to my knees. Tears fell from my face as I read each of the notes and looked at the beautiful pictures. I took the stuff off of the looker, careful not to tear anything, and opened it. I placed the things in a old box that Mrs. Bradley gave me. Then I shut the lid and wrote Jordan’s name across the top and left it open, locker and all.
“I have an idea,” I mumbled then went to find Mrs. Cade. I ran into her at the teacher’s lounge and was lucky that all of the Jr. High teachers were in there.
“What do you want, Chris?” Mrs. Maya asked and I sat in a nearby chair.
“I want to talk to all of you,” I mumbled and took a deep breath. “I want to honor Jordan by having a candle solute tonight. Everyone is welcome and we can do it down by the basketball goal.”
“Why do you want to do this?” Mrs. Cade asked. I looked at her seriously she flinched at the despair in my voice.
“I want to do this because Jordan was important to the school. She was brilliant, beautiful, kind, caring, protective, a mother one would say. She looked out for others. She had the best perfect attendance. She was an honor student, chess club captain, in the band, in the art club, drama club, played soccer for the school, helped raise money for the school, is Student Council president, and president of the Beta club. Why not Honor her? Everyone at this school was her family and everyone at this school has lost a friend.”
“You are right, but not,” Mrs. Cade said and I left. I gatered up all the students and a few teachers that would help. We grabbed out snacks and sat down in the hall. We refused to move. We had taken off our shoes and had thrown them at the door along with all of our books.
“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?” Mrs. Cory demanded and Lance stepped forward. He was our spokesperson. He had short blond hair and bright blue eyes. He was my ‘Momma’, as me and Erika, say and he accepts it.
“We will not move until you accept Chris’s offer and do the Candle Salute,” He plainly stated and we all agrees even the few teachers.
“We said no. Now if you don’t get to class we will suspend you all,” Mrs. Cade said and we said fine. We weren’t moving. I stood up and put my hands in my pocket. I was wearing my L outfit today and made sure that I looked at the teachers with a glare. Erika nearly squealed as she seen me. My girl was a massive ‘L’ Freak.
“I told you Jordan is an important person to our school. She is our family and we want to honor her. We can have snacks and such before and after the ceremony. I will buy drinks and snacks and candles with my own money. Everyone will bring a picture to honor Jordan with, or cards if you prefer, but everyone wants to do this,” I growled and propped myself up against the lockers. Everyone did as I did and we made a line for them to Jordan’s locker and I led the teachers to it.
“What is this?” Mrs. Maya asked looking at the pile of flowers, pictures, cards, magnets, and drawings that hung from her locker and in it. I opened the shoe box and it shown even more pictures and cards.
“We see,” Said the teachers simultaneously. “Well, go ahead and have your ceremony.” Everyone cheered and I seen a shadow run from the building but I refused to acknoledge it. It was the day after Jordan’s funeral and I was going to honor it with my very life.




Sign up to rate and review this story