Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just Sleep.

Pt.5

by theescapist99 11 reviews

Confessions and gas leaks.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-11 - Updated: 2011-04-11 - 785 words - Complete

5Moving
Pt.5

12:32 PM

“Hey.”

Mikey spun around to see a very somber looking Frank Iero walking towards him.

“Where the hell have you been?” , Mikey asked with an impatient tone.

“You have any idea how bad the traffic is right now? California’s only natural disaster in years. Trust me, I would have fucking teleported here if I could have. Plus, Jamia held me up on the phone to check that I was okay. What’s the situation?”

“Oh Frank….” Lindsey cried as she threw herself into Frank’s arms and sobbed into his shoulder. Frank rubbed her back soothingly.

“Um, not much to report. Gerard’s trapped under the debris of that building and they’re trying really hard to get him out. Or so they tell us.”, Mikey sighed.

“Fuck…” Frank said under his breath.

“We’ve been sending him text messages.” Lindsey sniffed. “We’re hoping at some point he’ll be able to respond to one. And even if not, maybe he can read them somehow, I don’t know…”

“Alright. I’ll send him one too then.” Frank nodded and got out his phone.

A police officer walked over to them, and they all huddled around, hopeful of good news.

“We’ve detected a huge gas leak right where Gerard is.” The man told them. “We’re doing our best to call the gas company and have them shut it down, but we’re having a bit of difficulty getting a hold of them. As you might imagine, they’re quite tied up at the moment.”

“A gas leak?” Lindsey asked, “Well what does that mean? Can that hurt him?”

“Well no, it’s certainly the least threat to him at the moment considering everything else. It doesn’t pose an immediate danger anyway…in a few hours, maybe. But for now at the most it might make him a little nauseous or dizzy. He might be experiencing a few hallucinations.”

~

12:50 PM

“AHH!”, Gerard screamed. The rock on his back seemed to be pressing down on him harder and harder, and breathing was becoming more and more difficult to do. He was being slowly crushed.

“Shh…” Frank comforted him, stroking at his face and hair. “It’s okay baby, it’s gonna be all over soon.”

“I loved you, Frank. I loved you so much.”, he said through tears.

“God, Gerard. I loved you too…” Frank said. And although Frank’s image was getting blurry and out of focus, Gerard could hear that he too was starting to cry.

“Why’d you have to get married?” Gerard blurted out.

“I didn’t know Gerard! I swear I didn’t!” Frank was yelling. “I mean I love Jamia. But had I known…. it was you I always wanted. It was you I loved. It was ALWAYS you.”

“Maybe it’s not too late.” Gerard said through short breaths. He was getting scared. His vision was getting darker. “Maybe – AGH – maybe when we get out of here, maybe we can work something out. Oh god, Frank, it hurts so much!”

“Shhh, shh… I know. Maybe, sweetie. But for now, I want you to do something for me.”

“What’s that?”

“Close your eyes.” Frank sniffed, his voice cracking. ”Close your eyes and go to sleep.”

“Why?”

“Please baby… just sleep. Everything’s going to be okay.”

“Okay, Frankie. I trust you. Be there when I wake up?”

“Of course, babe.”

Frank held Gerard’s hand as Gerard looked up at Frank one more time. Frank leaned in planted a tender kiss on Gerard’s lips. Frank smiled, and so Gerard smiled. Breathing in deep, he closed his eyes and drifted off into a slumber from which he would never awaken.

A little ways off, a snippet of ‘Closer’ by the Nine Inch Nails rang out through the silence.

END.


A/N: Just to clarify if you didn’t get it: Yes, Frank was a hallucination from the gas leak combined from the pain Gerard was experiencing --- and that was real Frank texting him at the end. This story was written a little while back, which is why I was able to update every day. Except for once when my internets blacked out. In the meantime, I got a few chapters done for a whole new series, but I’m debating posting it. It’s honestly a bit sick. Like dead babies kind of sick. But it sure is some MAJOR Gerard angst, and you know how much I love that. So I don’t know whether to scrap it or not. I guess we’ll just see when you’ll hear from me next.

Thanks for the reviews and what not. Toodles. :3
Sign up to rate and review this story