Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just Sleep.

Pt.4

by theescapist99 7 reviews

Frank and Gerard exchange secrets.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-04-08 - Updated: 2011-04-09 - 1086 words - Complete

5Moving
Pt.4

12:34 PM

Gerard was screaming. That little aftershock had caused his already injured leg to be even more mangled, and from what it felt like, left him with a broken femur. However Frank had been a bit more freed. At the moment, he was looking for another way out. Some hole of light that indicated the outside.

“Seems like we’re more buried in then we were before.” Frank mumbled. crawling over to Gerard. He grimaced upon seeing that his friend was quite visibly pained. He stroked a hand through Gee’s currently ashy red locks.

“Hey.” Frank said, “They’ll get to you soon, don’t worry. I’m sure Mikey’s probably screaming at people by now.”, he chuckled. “We should talk about something else.”

“Like what?” Gerard said through gritted teeth.

“Hmm I don’t know. How did you like that watch I gave you for your 25th birthday? I never saw you wear it.”

“That’s because it was stupid Frank.”

“What?!?”

“It was blue and sparkly. It was obvious you got it from a McDonald’s happy meal.”

“Hey man, that happy meal cost me a pretty penny.” Frank snickered.

“Ah… its all good. We were all pretty broke back then. It’s a surprise you were able to afford that.”

“Yeah, didn’t Mikey end up getting you something you already had?”

Gerard laughed painfully, “Yeah, he thought it was his, but sharing a room for 20 something years, what belongs to who just gets kinda mixed up.”

“Mmm.” Frank nodded. A shifting of rock happened again and Gerard felt a particularly sharp piece fall heavily on his back. He could swear he could feel his spine being hit. He screamed.

“Frankie…this really hurts….”

“Um, okay…” Frank frantically searched his mind for something to distract his friend, “How about this… lets exchange secrets. For every secret you tell me, I’ll tell you one. Sound good?”

“Yeah, sure.” Gerard said, obviously struggling to breathe.

“Alright, I guess I’ll go first.” Frank started. “I’ve been the one stealing people’s beer on stage when they weren’t looking.”

“I knew that Frank. We all knew that.”

“Seriously? Huh. How ‘bout that. Alright, your turn!”

“But your secret doesn’t count of EVERYONE already knew.”

“Well, I didn’t know that you knew. So it counts. Your turn.”, Frank said firmly.

“Ugh, fine. I hated when you shaved off all your hair last week.”

“You said you thought it looked good!”

“Well it doesn’t look BAD, I just really liked it long.”, Gerard pouted.

“Well, fine…” Frank crossed his arms, “I hated it when you cut off all your locks and went bleach blonde. Now that was BAD.”

“Yeah, that really was.” Gerard snickered, not even bothering to deny it. “Okay, um… I always hated The Simpsons.”

“WHAT?!? We watch it all the time!”

“I know, I tried to force myself to like it because you guys liked it so much, but I’m sorry… I just think it’s a stupid show.”

“Well I didn’t like the new Indiana Jones movie.”

“But you said….”

“I lied. It was unrealistic, cheesy, and a mockery to the entire Indiana Jones series.”, spat Frank vehemently.

Gerard gaped, “It’s like I don’t even know who you are anymore…”

“Your turn, Gee.”

“…I blew Bert McCracken a couple of times.”

“What? Why?”

“I don’t know, he asked me to? He used to hit on me a lot. I played along a bit, but I never went further than that --- even when he wanted us to.”

“Ugh, that’s disgusting.” Frank shook his head, “I guess there’s my next secret then… I never liked that guy. Way too sleazy.”

“Well, to be honest, he didn’t like you either.”

“What?”, Frank said indignantly, “What the hell would he have against me?”

Gerard grinned, “He wasn’t really digging the whole Frerard thing we did at shows.”

“Pfft, what is he? Jealous?”

“Yeah, actually.”

“Oh. Um, sorry? I mean, he should have known it was just a stage thing…”

There was a long pause.

“Yeah….just a stage thing…..”, Gerard finally sighed.

“Your turn again Gee.”

“Alright, here’s kind of a biggie.” Gerard started, and Frank leaned in curiously. “You know how people kept saying that Lindsey was the rebound girl after Eliza, and I kept arguing that she wasn’t? She kinda was.”

“You married her.”, Frank raised an eyebrow at his friend.

“Yeah, honestly it was after the wedding that I really realized it. But after that it was too late and I was too damn stubborn to admit everyone else had been right.”

“I see…”

“I’m not saying it was a mistake or that I don’t love her or anything like that.” Gerard assured, “…But I know I was wrong to do what I did. Just wanted to get that off my chest.”

“That’s okay Gee. I mean everything worked out well in the end, so there should be nothing you should feel sorry for.”

“Thanks.”, Gerard coughed. It felt like the dust around him was getting thicker. “Your turn. And give me a good one because my leg is really killing me….”

“Um….” Frank hesitated. “Don’t get mad. I made out with Mikey once at a party when we were both really drunk.”

“WHAT?”

“Hey, I said don’t get mad.”

“You’re an asshole, I’m done talking to you.”

“What the hell?” Frank exclaimed, extremely alarmed at the reaction, “Dude, it was like years ago. Both he and I barely remember it!”

“Don’t talk to me Frank…”, Gee mumbled.

“I just don’t understand what you’re so mad about. I mean at least tell me that. You knew Mikey made out with Pete fucking Wentz and you were still all kinds of buddy buddy with him!”

“I- It’s not that….it’s just….”, Gerard stammered out. His voice was cracking.

“Are you crying?”, Frank asked. His tone had gone from annoyed to sympathetic. The sound of sobbing grew suddenly more audible, and Gee was shaking.

“Gerard, I’m sorry! I didn’t think it would upset you this much!”, Frank frowned, trying to calm Gerard down. “I never touched Mikey again I swear!”

“It’s not Mikey…its you…”

“What?”

“Frank…” Gerard whimpered, “I have another secret to tell you….”

“Go ahead, hon.”

“The Frerard thing wasn’t just a stage thing. Not to me.”

~
Sign up to rate and review this story