Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

I'm Not Okay

by Alala19 3 reviews

Frank and Max talk some

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-04-13 - Updated: 2011-04-14 - 1316 words

1Original
"Huh?" I asked, looking into his eyes curiously. He broke out into a huge grin and shook his head.

"Your present. Y'no, what I got ya from New York?" he asked as though I was silly for forgetting.

"Oh." I said, turning away from him. Now was definitely not the time for gifts.

"Wait there." he instructed, before jumping up from his place on the sofa, and running upstairs. I rolled my eyes and groaned, throwing my head back. I closed my eyes before opening them to see Frank standing in front of me, looking down at me with a smile etched across his face. Both hands behind his back.

"Ok, so I lied. I got you two presents." he said, his grin growing even bigger if that was even possible. I inwardly groaned. Why did he have to be this complex? He lies to me, and keeps a huge ass secret from me, but he calls me his 'best friend' and buys me gifts? How the fuck can anyone possibly understand this guy? I cant, that's for sure. "Ok, so pick a hand." he said, as he kneeled down in front of me. His eyes boring straight into my own. My heart skipped a beat and I closed my eyes, afraid he'd see in my eyes that I knew everything. I had no idea how he'd react to me knowing. He obviously kept it from me for a reason.

"Left." I said, before opening my eyes. Frank brought his left hand out from behind his back, revealing a lime green metallic... thing. I looked at it, and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?" I asked, tearing my gaze from the... thing, to Frank's hazel eyes. He laughed and shook his head.

"It's an ipod." he said simply, and placed it in my hand. I looked down at it, remembering our conversation about them when I first moved in. I can't believe he remembered that or even purchased one for me. See. What did I tell you? Complex.

I don't get how he can hide that he's famous from me, but still act like nothings wrong.

"Wow." I said, not knowing what else to say. "You remembered?" I asked, looking him in the eyes. He scrunched up his face.

"Of course I did. How can I forget?" he asked, before interrupting me before I could even respond. "Ready for your other present?" he asked. I looked up at him, and he smiled wide, before pulling his right hand out from behind his back, without waiting for me to answer. He seemed eager to give me this specific gift. I looked down and I looked at the red crushed velvet box resting on his palm. My heart stopped. I knew this gift was expensive, and he'd obviously put a lot of thought into it, which only made me even more angrier. I couldn't accept this.

"Open it." Frank urged me, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up, and looked him in the eyes, before back down at the box. I bit my lip and opened the box. I gasped when my eyes landed on the gorgeous silver locket. It had a pink rose twisting down one side, and 'Max' in cursive writing in the middle. My heart sunk, and I wished this was a dream. I couldn't accept this, it was too beautiful. "Like it?" he asked softly. I looked up at him, and smiled, nodding. I didn't like it, I loved it; and that's what made it worse. I was so confused at the minute, and this definitely wasn't helping it at all.

"Open it." Frank urged again. I looked up to meet his eyes. They were twinkling down at me, all seriousness written in them. I gulped and did as I was told. My heart stopped, and I forgot to breathe. I think for a moment, I even forgot how to forget how to breathe. My eyes danced over the tiny photo of me and Frank. Mikey had taken it when we weren't expecting it. We were both laughing, unaware of the camera. "You like it?" he asked quietly, and I nodded, forgetting that I was angry with him, I looked up and smiled. He smiled too, and took it out of the box. He unclasped it, and moved my hair out of the way softly, before delicately clipping it around my neck. His fingers brushed my neck softly, before he allowed my hair to fall back around my shoulders, and my back.

I turned to him and smiled.

"Thank you." I said, looking away from him.

"No problem. You're my best friend, and I just wanted to show you." he smiled, before puling me towards him in a hug. The anger and hurt resurfaced again, as he rubbed my back gently. How could he say that? He obviously doesn't mean it. I really don't understand this guy at all. I pulled away and stared at him I had to confront him now. I couldn't handle it any longer. I just needed to know the truth.

"Frank, there's something I need to ask you, and I want you to be completely honest with me ok?" I asked him. I saw him gulp nervously, and he nodded, never breaking his gaze from mine. Fear and curiosity crossing his eyes. I inhaled a deep breath of air, whilst trying to form the right words in my head. There was so much I wanted to ask, but I couldn't just tell him everything going on in my mind, because it wouldn't make sense to him. Hell it didn't even make sense to me.

I twiddled my fingers around, and tried to contain the nerves. Why was I so nervous? I was afraid of what I was about to hear. I had no idea how he'd react to me at all.

"Do you trust me?" I asked him. I needed to know whether he trusted me. If he did, then why didn't he tell me? Ok, so I've not told him much about me, but that's not because I don't trust him. Because I do. I haven't told him, because I don't want to talk about. Hell I don't want to even admit that any of my past is true, let alone discuss and talk about it. Frank laughed lightly, and nodded his head.

"Of course I do, whyd you ask that?' he asked, a soft glimmering in his eyes, but the fear still remained. It seemed a little stronger. He knew I knew.

"Because I know about-" I started but, was cut off by a loud voice, causing me to jump.

"Maxie!" Bob shouted. I looked away from Frank's eyes to the doorway to see Bob standing with his arms open, before he ran towards me.

"Bob!" Frank shouted, making me jump from fright. "Fuck off a minute." Frank said urgently. I gulped. I hadn't seen this side of Frank before. I couldn't quite explain it. I do know that whatever it was, it had me taken aback, and slightly scared. I looked at Bob, who put his hand up defensively and exited the room. "Sorry, what were you saying?" Frank asked, his voice once again calm, which had me even more confused, and shocked.

"I uh-nothing..." I said quickly, my confidence and courage all seeming to evaporate right before my eyes. His reaction then, had me afraid of how he'd react when he found out that I knew.

"You sure? It seemed pretty important?" he stated, sounding rather annoyed and impatient.

"Yeah." I said, looking away from him. The room was then enveloped in a tense awkward silence. He knew I had found out. As if reading my mind, the house phone rang. I scrambled to answer it, mentally thanking the other person on the line for saving me from the awkward moment
Sign up to rate and review this story