Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Kids From Yesterday

The Kids From Yesterday

by KimmaLoveLaugh 0 reviews

When cousins Autumn and Mia start to date Gerard and Frank, they don't realize what they're really getting themselves into. Sex, drugs and rock & roll end up being their entire lives and they don't...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 1408 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1--Autumn's Point of View

Standing behind the counter, I picked my chipped purple and coral nail polish until my nails were almost back to their original pink color, ignoring the line of customers that was gradually forming. When my co-worker, Gerard, walked up to the counter and cleared his throat looking at me he said,

“Gonna start to work anytime soon, Autumn?” He smiled widely.

“Well if you'd like you can work for me, Gerard ” I retorted as I punctuated his name, smiling before calling the customer over to my register. He walked away from the counter to go put back the stack of books in his hands.

This was an everyday occurrence between me and Gerard, he would make some clever, or so he thought, comment and I would always comeback at him just as hard. We had that kind of friendship. We have been working together for almost two years. Two long, boring years at this Barnes and Noble. I always told myself that I would only be working here for a year so I could save money to start college, but I'm still here, and so is Gerard. He doesn't need to be here, he's so talented. He's the best comic book artist I've ever seen and he's stuck here, in New Jersey, stocking books.

When I first starting working here he had only been here a few weeks so we bonded on the fact that we were both new to the store. As the weeks turned into months we had grown closer, I can honestly say that he is one of my best friends. Our friendship started with our love of music and he was so easy to talk to that I felt like we had been friends for a decade. We had been to so many shows together the Jersey show scene was amazing, there was never a weekend that we didn't have a show to go to.

As I began to think of some of the crazier times we've had at shows, I looked down at the small digital clock on the bottom of my register and it told me that it was time to go. I walked out from behind the counter toward the back room to grab my bag. Just as I entered the backroom, Gerard walked up behind me, holding the door open as I walked in and he did, too.

He stepped so he was next to me and he wrapped his arm around my waist, smiling, “Got any hot dates tonight?”

I laughed and shook my head, stepping away from him, “Nah, unless there was some hot bookstore worker that was planing on asking me out.” I winked at him and walked toward the back wall to my locker, swiftly doing the combination, taking my bag out and slinging it over my shoulder.

“Well in that case lets go to the diner.” He smiled and leaned against the wall, watching me.

I shook my head again and turned to him. “Can't, babe. I'm sorry. My cousin from Long Island is coming in today and we're moving in together, remember?.” I walked to him and stopped a few inches in front of him.

“Yeah I remember. but you just said you were waiting for the hot bookstore worker to ask you out, I assumed that was me.” His smile faded slightly and tilted his head, looking at me.

“Yeah, but I never meant you. You know, Matt from music is pretty good looking.” I teased, smiling softly, pressing a light kiss to Gerard's cheek before walking out of the backroom. I heard him quickly following me and he wrapped his arm around my waist again as we walked out of the store.

“Very funny, Autumn.” He smiles and squeezes my hip gently. “Just come to dinner with me. I'll even help you and your cousin move.”
“Well I don't think my cousin would enjoy a strange guy coming to her house to unpack her clothes.” I laughed and walked in the direction of my car. Once we reached my car, I pressed the button to unlock it and he opened the drivers door for me.

“Come on, I promise I won't sneak into her panty draw or anything.” He smiles and rests one arm on the car, leaning against it.

“Nope,” I shake my head. “It's a girls night tonight. Maybe tomorrow.” I pat his chest gently before I got into my car, putting my bag on the passenger seat.

Gerard sigh and nods, “Fine but tomorrow I won't take no for an answer.” He shuts the door and walks off toward his car. I smile and watch him in the rear-view mirror, wishing for just a second that my cousin wasn't moving in tonight.

I started my car, putting it in drive and driving to my cousin,Mia's, new house. She was moving into her paternal grandmothers house for college. She was only coming to New Jersey for school because of the house and because I was here to move in with her. I drove to the house and smiled when I saw her in the driveway carrying in her suitcases. People had always said that we looked alike, that we were sisters, which was strange because she had blonde hair that was usually straight and I had curly reddish-brown hair. We were the same height, so that might have had something to do with it.

As I parked the car and I got out she smiled walking over to me, “I see you've already brought your things into the house.”

I nodded, “I did yesterday, I was off so I figured, why not.” I smiled and walked to her car to help her bring some of her things into the house. After about two hours we were both mostly unpacked. I walked into her bedroom and sat down on the bed, watching as she decorated her mirror with some reminders and pictures of her friends.

“So excited to finally be living with me?” I smiled and picked up one of her textbooks for school that was sitting on the edge of the bed, flipping through it.

“I am. I feel like we've been talking about this forever. “ She smiled and sat on the bed next to me, crossing her legs.

“I know. I can't believe it's finally here.” I said as she leans back on her hands,

“So tell me, when am I going to meet all of your friends? And when am I going to meet the infamous Gerard?” She smiles and nudges my side gently.

I laughed and looked back at her, “Well Gerard wanted to come and help us unpack but I figured you'd rather it would be a girls night.”

She furrows her eyebrows together, “Oh come on, Autumn, you know me. I'm always down for a fun night with guys. “

“Oh way to make yourself sound easy.” I laughed again and shook my head, she wasn't a slut, she really wasn't, she was actually really kind and somewhat conservative when it came to guys.
She laughs, “You know what I mean. I just want to have fun, you know, live the college life.”

“I know, I know. You'll meet Gerard soon enough, I promise.”

“I better,” She smiles, “So tell me about him, have you two gotten together yet, or are you still being a bitch and pushing him away.”

“Hey! I am not being a bitch, I just don't want to sound needy or desperate. I don't need...” I started to say before she interrupted me,

“'I don't need a guy to live my life.' I know, I know, but I don't want you to pass up a good opportunity, like Gerard.”

“Believe me, I'm not passing up Gerard. I'm just waiting until the time is right.” I smiled and looked at her.

“Fine, just don't wait until he's moved on.” She said seriously. It was weird listening to my younger cousin talking about relationship advice. I think she's only been in one serious relationship and that probably lasted three minutes, at least in high school years.

We continued our night talking about her classes and her friends that all went to different states for college, anything that wasn't Gerard. I didn't want to talk about him anymore, I didn't know why I pushed him away like I did, I just did. I really did like him, though.
Sign up to rate and review this story