Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter 2

by KimmaLoveLaugh 1 review

The date?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 1677 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2- Gerard's Point of View

Driving to Autumn and Mia's new house was slightly nerve racking. I was picking up Autumn for our promised dinner and although Autumn probably didn't think that this was a date I was hoping it would turn into one. I was also nervous about possibly meeting Mia. Autumn and Mia are best friends. So close you'd think that they were sisters. If I were going to meet Mia today I'd have to make a good first impression. Mia was Autumn's only really family around and I didn't want to get off on a bad start with her.

Autumn was so important to me. It kind of feels like I didn't exist before I met her, like I was alive and breathing but I really didn't live, you know? I know, that sounds all 'emo' and depressive, but she was kind of like a breath of fresh air in this stupid town.

As I followed the directions onto the block that Autumn had written down, I parked behind Autumn's car. I checked my hair before I got out of the car, walking up to the door, knocking.

I took a step back to really look at the house and I was kind shocked that an eighteen and twenty year old lived here. Well, I knew the reason why, Mia's grandmother had passed away and left the house to her father. The house never sold so when Mia graduated from High School she knew that she could come live here. I mean what eighteen year old doesn't want a house all to themselves over an hour away from their parents? When Mia asked Autumn if she wanted to move in with her, Autumn jumped at the chance. The best thing about it all was that they didn't have to pay any rent. The house was theirs. It was the ultimate college life.

As I was thinking about the house, I didn't realize Autumn opening the door she was looking at me when I looked back to the door and I blushed as she said,

“Gonna come inside? Or are you going to stand out there like a fucking idiot?” She flashed her beautiful smile and I could feel my stomach flipping.

“Yeah, I'm coming, just trying to see if that was a ghost in the attic window or not.” I tilted my head to the side as I walked into the house smiling softly.

“Hey! Don't do that, Gee! You know I hate ghosts, it's scary enough living in a new place.” She glared at me as she continued, “Just be lucky Mia isn't here. She'd never step foot in this house again if she thought there was a ghost.”

So Mia wasn't there. That's good. I don't think I could have made a good impression today I was too nervous about trying to make tonight a date.

“Well for that I am truly sorry, sweet cheeks.” I flashed her my best smile, “Where is Mia? Doesn't want to meet me? Do you think I'll scare her off?”

“She's in class, I don't know why she chose the day before classes started to move in.” She shook her head. “But actually she is very excited to meet you. Apparently, I talk about you a lot.” Wait, what? She talked about me to Mia? Her best friend? Good, that's a good sign. I think. Maybe? Ugh, I have no idea.

“Ahh, too bad she won't meet me tonight. We'll have to plan a day. So do I get a tour?” I smiled at her again and she nodded and told me to follow her.

She gave me a tour of the house and I have to say it was really nice. It was a little old fashioned but nice. As I walked through living room I saw a picture on the TV that was Autumn with a girl in a light blue sweater, jeans, and high heels. She had her make up done perfect and so was her blonde hair. This girl in the picture was the complete opposite of Autumn. Autumn had that rocker edge going on and this other girl was just so girly. I mean don't get me wrong Autumn was feminine but she was very edgy.

I raised an eyebrow and picked up the picture, grabbing Autumn's hand to stop her from walking further away and I pulled her back to me. Once she was next to me, I wrapped my arm around her waist, holding her closely to me.

“Who's this with you?” I asked holding out the picture.

“Oh that's me and Mia.” She said nonchalantly. Wow, that was unexpected.

“That's Mia? She's the one that goes to all those shows? The one who likes all the same music you do?”

She nodded, “Yeah, why is that so hard to believe?”

I shrugged and placed the picture down on the TV again. “I dunno, that's just not how I pictured her. Like not even at all.”

“Well that's her. Is there a problem with that?” She asked, gently hit her hip into mine, smiling.

“Not really it's just kind of shocking.” I smiled back at her.

“And why is that so shocking?” She now raised her eyebrow turning to face me a bit more.

“Well it's just that she's blonde haired, blue eyed, and girly.” I stepped away from her and flipped my hair back, bouncing my hips slightly to mimic Mia.

She laughed and slapped my chest. “Hey! She's not like that. She just dresses like that.” She grabbed my hand and said, “Come on let's finish the tour.”

After the tour we walked out of the house and out to my car. I opened the door for her and I went around to my own side getting in. I started the car and I drove to the restaurant as we talked. I started telling her about the band that I was thinking of starting with a few of my friends which instantly got her talking about seeing me famous and how fantastic I would be. I loved how she had so much faith in me. I wish I had that much faith in myself.

Once we reached the restaurant I got out and we walked into the restaurant together, I got a table for two and we sat down, looking over our menus before deciding on what to eat. We ordered and after the waitress left I sat back in my chair, taking a sip of my water,

“So tell me how do you think Mia will like it here?” She shrugged and took a sip of her own water before answering,

“I honestly have no idea. She's a very shy person at first. Almost like she's afraid of what everyone will think about her and what they're going to say once she leaves the room.”

“So she's nothing really like you?” I interjected, grinning at her.

She laughed and shook her head, “No I guess in that aspect she's nothing like me. But in every other way we're exactly the same. She likes all the same music that I do, and although she may not always dress the part, she's a big rock fan. Her looks are very deceiving.”

“So she's a secret rocker?” I laughed and so did she. Damn, she had a great laugh.

“I guess so yeah.” She smiled, her laughter dying down but you could still hear the laugh when she talked. “So in that way I guess we're opposite, too, then.” Which was true, Autumn dressed very 'rocker'. I really hated labels but I guess that the only way to describe it.

I nodded and smiled softly, “But hey, music isn't about dressing a certain way, you know? Music is about loving music. She could wear a tutu for all I cared, which is the same for most of my friends.”

She nodded, too. “Yeah, that's right. And I think she knows that. But I could never picture her in a tutu, well at least in public.” She laughed and my stomach flipped again. God, she really had an amazing laugh.

“Well why don't we have a party or something and I'll invite a whole bunch of my friends and we'll get her acclimated with us?”

“Yeah, that would work, I think she just needs a little bit of alcohol to relax her. I'll talk to her.” She said just before the waitress came with our food. We both began eating and we talked about the party, planning the details. Once we were finished eating, the bill came, I paid, and we left. We walked back to the car and I opened the door for her again.

We drove back to her house listening to a tape of some band that I had in the radio. Once I parked in front of the house we started talking about the band and while I was talking I placed my hand gently on hers and I turned to face her. I stopped talking and I leaned in slowly and tilted my head to the side. Our lips hovered close to each other and I felt her warm breath on my lips. I slowly and carefully pressed my lips to hers and we kissed for a brief second before I pulled back. I looked at her face which was flushed. I smiled softly and said quietly,

“So I'll see you tomorrow?” I asked trying to keep my cool. I just kissed her! I fucking kissed her! It was amazing. Like nothing I'd ever felt before.

She nodded and looked at me, “Um yeah, I'll see you tomorrow at the store. “ She smiled and squeezed my hand gently before she got out of the car, walking into her house. I touched a finger to my lips gently. Her lips her were so soft. I could still feel her kiss and I could taste her strawberry lip gloss.

After she was safely in her house I pulled away and I smiled widely, blasting my music.
Sign up to rate and review this story