Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter 4

by KimmaLoveLaugh 0 reviews

The dinner.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 1429 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- Gerard's POV

Standing in my bedroom, I fixed my hair before I stepped back, looking over my appearance. I wanted to make sure I looked the best that I could. Tonight, Autumn and I had a date. It was only our second official date, so things were new to us.
 
I grabbed my keys and wallet from my dresser and walked up the stairs to the main floor of my parents’ house. As I said goodbye to Mikey, who was sitting on the couch, I left the house and got into my car. I started the car, backing out of my driveway, heading to Frank's house. Once I reached his house I beeped the horn and saw him exit his house after a few minutes. He got into the car and looked over at me smiling widely.
 
“You ready for this, man?” He leaned over the center console and changed the station that I had on as he continued to smile.
 
“Yeah.” I said half-heartedly, my nerves starting to get the best of me. I was excited to be going on another date with Autumn, but things were going slow. We've been friends for two years and it's been three weeks since we first kissed. I thought things would go faster than this.
 
I pulled away from the curb and listened to Frank as he talked about a guitar part that he wrote for one of the songs we were working on. When I finally reached Autumn and Mia's house, I pulled into the driveway and Frank immediately bounced out of the car and I followed his lead. We walked up the door and he rang the bell. I stood with my hands pushed deep into my pockets and I heard Autumn's voice gradually get louder as she yelled to Mia and walked to the door. Her beautiful voice relaxed me.
 
She opened the door and I saw her beautiful smiling face. I could feel my knees go weak. She was spectacular. Just seeing her face made my nerves go away. I belonged with her.
 
“Hey you two, come on in.” She smiled and stepped back from the doorway. “Mia's just getting ready. She'll be down in a minute.” She said more to Frank than to me. Frank walked into the house and I followed him. She shut the door and locked it behind me. As she turned around, I hooked my fingers into her front belt loops, pulling her into me and I kissed her nose. Then I stepped away from her and wrapped my arm around her waist, walking with her into the living room where Frank was sitting on the couch.
 
“Do you want anything to drink?” She asked, trying to be a good host. Frank and I both sat on opposite sides of the couch as we told her what we wanted to drink. I offered to help, but she refused. As she walked into the kitchen, Mia started to descend down the stairs. As she did I could see Frank's eyes light up. I have to admit she looked nice but she was no Autumn.
 
Frank got off the couch, walking over to her and he gently grabbed her left hand with his right, squeezing it gently. He leaned in and kissed her cheek gently and her face blushed as Frank's lips grazed her skin. He pulled back from her and led her to the couch, sitting down while still holding her hand.
 
When Autumn came back into the living with our drinks, she passed them out and sat next to me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and the four of us began to talk. The topics varied from Mia's classes to the band.
 
As the night progressed I saw Frank and Mia eventually move closer to one and other. He moved from holding her hand to having wrapped his arm around her shoulder and occasionally he would whisper something in her ear that would make her giggle and blush. She really seemed to be opening up to Frank which is good because Autumn told me she is usually very shy. As I watched them I began to get a wave of jealousy. They were moving so quickly and Autumn and I were staying still.
 
After a short while it was just me and Autumn talking to each other while Frank and Mia were talking quietly on the opposite side of the living room. So when Autumn kissed my cheek softly and told me that she was going to order dinner, I looked over at Frank and Mia, who were now cuddled together on the couch, her arm around his waist and she had her head turned up to him. I groaned softly under my breath as I looked at them. It wasn't fair! They had known each other for five fucking minutes and they were acting like fucking newlyweds! I rolled my eyes and tapped Frank's arm to get his attention.
 
“Hey, I'm gonna go have a cigarette. Wanna come?” I asked as I stood up. Frank looked up at me for a moment before he nodded and untangled himself from Mia, standing up. We both walked outside where we lit our cigarettes.
 
“So, what's going on Gerard?” He looked at me questioning. “Are you in some sorta mood?” He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me.
 
I sighed and blew the smoked from my lungs, “Nothing. It's just that I'm not getting anywhere with Autumn.” I paused. This made me sound like a sex crazed asshole. “Not that I planned on getting anywhere but you and Mia just met and you two are practically fucking on the couch.” I looked down at the ground where I saw leaves blow in the cool fall wind, not wanting to look at Frank.
 
“Well, man, you're just sitting there. If you want something to happen, you have to make it happen. You have to make a fucking move. So quit whining and kiss your girl.” I could see him from the corner of my eyes, speaking with his hands before he took another drag of his cigarette. “If you want, I'll take Mia for a walk, or something. It'll give you some alone time.”
 
I nodded, thankful for my understanding friend. He was right; I needed to make a move. I'm a man. I can do this. We smoked the rest of our cigarettes before we walked back into the house. Once inside I saw Frank run inside the living room and jump onto Mia, one leg on either side of her legs. She giggled loudly and blocked her face with her hands. He let out his own man-giggle and kissed the back of her hands before moving to sit down next to her.
 
I shook my head and walked to the couch, taking my place next to Autumn. “He's a fucking child.” I mumbled and wrapped my arm around Autumn's shoulders again.
 
The conversation resumed until our food came. I went to the door to pay and we all went to the table, beginning to eat. Our light conversation continued through the meal and once every one was done eating, I saw Frank whisper something in Mia's ear. She smiled broadly and got up from her chair as Frank did the same. She smiled and winked at Autumn as Frank took her hand, leading her out of the house for the walk he promised me.
 
I stood up once Autumn did and to help her with the dishes. After the table was cleared, she stood with her back to me at the sink. I looked at her and bit my lip. It's now or never. I walked to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, my arms crossing around her middle.
 
She smiled and leaned back against me slightly. After a few moments of just holding her in my arms, I turned her around. I held her close to me as I pressed my lips to hers, passionately. I had to be assertive; I had to make my move.
 
I placed my hands on the small of her back as I moved my lips against hers. As we kissed, I slowly slipped my tongue out to trace her bottom lip. She parted her lips to my tongue and wrapped her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss. After a few moments we both pulled back to catch our breath and before I knew it she was pushing me back against the fridge, attaching her lips to mine again. 
Sign up to rate and review this story