Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shine

Decisions

by KimmaLoveLaugh 0 reviews

The audition.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 2572 words

0Unrated
On Wednesday morning I woke early. The audition started at nine and I needed to stretch before hand. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After I was clean I got out of the shower wrapping a towel around myself, beginning to blow dry my hair. Once my hair was dry I skillfully wrapped it up in a bun before starting to do my makeup. I needed to look professional and well put together. The directors look at everything.

Once I was satisfied with my makeup I went back to my bedroom and began dressing for the audition. I put on my traditional pink tights and black leotard. Some people wore crazy outfits to stand out at auditions but I couldn't do it. I wouldn't feel like a professional dancer if I wore neon tights. I slipped black jazz pants over my tights and wrapped a light purple ballet sweater around my arms and shoulders. That's about all the color they were going to get out of me.

I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. I got out a yogurt from the fridge and began to eat that while I was warming up my feet. I did simple foot rolls then I pressed on the balls of my feet to stretch out my foot. Once I finished that and my yogurt I walked into the living room to begin my real stretches. First I started with stretching out my hips, leaning down with my legs at a perfect ninety degree angle, my feet turned out to an almost perfect second position, and my hands on me knees. I rocked side to side to make sure I wouldn't injure myself. Then I rotated my feet so they were parallel and I leaned down stretching out the back of my legs. My back was completely flat and I reached my hands out in front of me to get the best stretch I could. I stood up after a few moments and began some other leg stretches before getting on the floor to do even more stretching. Pulled muscles are the worst pain so I always made sure I did a good stretch.

After stretching my entire body I got up and looked over at the digital clock on my cable box. 7:55. Perfect. I was right on schedule. I went over to the door, grabbed my bag and my keys and made my way down to my car.

The short drive to the studio where the auditions were being held was silent. On audition days I don't like to have music on in the car. It distracts me too much. I found a spot in the parking lot of the studio and I made my way inside. There were a lot of dancers here who were already warming up. I went to the table and signed in and got a number. I pined it to my leotard before I found a spot for my stuff and changed out of my sneakers and into my ballet shoes. I began to stretch and practice my moves once more.

In this audition the dancers didn't need to prepare their own routine, there was a choreographer who taught a few eight counts then we had to memorize them and show them in small groups. We only had about an hour to learn the moves. While I was preparing I saw a few people begin to file into the room and sit at a large table in front of the mirrors. Those were the directors and producers of the video. They were the ones that made the decisions. But walking in behind them were five guys dressed predominately in black. I couldn't quite figure out who they were, I shrugged it off and began to stretch and show off just a bit. I mean the judges were watching now.

The choreographer called everyone to the center of the room to explain the concept and begin the routine. I quickly shed my pants, leaving me in my tight, leotard, and ballet sweater, before walking to where the man stood.

“Hello, my name is Michael and I will be showing you the steps for this video. It's going to be fairly simple. We'll have a few couples and one soloist. We're looking for both today. The couples will be the mourners and the soloist will be the quote unquote dead girl” He laughed lightly and looked over at the five guys who all smiled and nodded back at him. “We need a lot of emotion so don't hold anything back! The video will be shot Tuesday and Wednesday of next week and Monday will be rehearsal so if anybody can't make it those days please leave now.” He waited as a few girls left. I always hated walking out of an audition because I couldn't make the day of the shoot. It was really disappointing. “Alright so everyone find a spot and we'll begin!”

First he played the song and asked us to freestyle what we were feeling. When the song began I closed my eyes and danced. And for a while I didn't know where I was . I let the music take over me and I felt the song. I felt the message. I started to remember how I felt when my mom died. How I felt at the funeral. I danced remembering my mom. Once the song was over he began and the steps were somewhat challenging. I watched him and I absorbed everything he taught. After the routine was taught they gave us time to practice. Then we were split up in groups of three by our numbers. I was number 26 so I had a while until I needed to perform. I watched as the other girls and I went over the steps in my head with the music.

Once it was finally my turn I walked to the center of the room and found my spot on the side closest to the five guys who I guess were the artists. When the music began I danced. I danced for my mom. I dance for my dad. I danced for my sister. But mostly I danced for me. This felt amazing. This feeling of creating an art with my body, telling a story with dance moves, was something I thrived for. The feeling of performing was what got me from day to day. Once the song ended and my tryouts were over I was sent out of the studio to wait for the decisions. As I grabbed my bag and hoisted it over my shoulder I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked up and over at the table where the director was discussing with the guys in the band. One of the guys were watching me and I didn't know why. I blushed and smiled a bit before leaving the studio.

I found a seat and crossed my legs, leaning my head against the wall behind me. I couldn't give up dancing. I loved it too much. But what if this is all a waste of time? What if I never make it? I was getting too old. They wanted young dancers. I looked up at all of the dancers around me. They were all very good. Anyone of them could get the job but I needed this job.

After a few minutes of going back and forth with my thoughts I came to the conclusion that if I didn't get this job, regardless of how big or small my part would be, I would quit. This was my final decision. It needed to be.

Finally the choreographer came out to invite us all back into the room. I followed the line of girls and swallowed the lump in my throat. I could feel the nervousness settling in my stomach. I hated this part. He walked over to the table and grabbed the list which held the results.

“Okay. If your number is called then you need to stay for fittings and information for Monday's rehearsal, if your number is not called your free to leave.” I braced myself, biting my bottom lip. I needed this. “Alright. One, eight, thirteen, nineteen, and twenty-six are part of the couples and-” His voice faded from my ears. He said twenty-six? I'm twenty-six. I looked down at the number pined to my leotard and a small smile came to my face. I did it. I got the part! Holy Shit! I got the fucking part!

I stayed in the room with the other five girls, the fifth one being the soloist, and waited for further instruction. The girls began to all talk to each other but my mind was so far gone I couldn't follow what they were saying. My dreams weren't over. I didn't have to give up dancing. I was good enough.

Eventually the choreographer called us over to the table where the director, producer, and the five artists were all standing in front. The director stepped forward and talked about how the shoot would work and what time we needed to be at the church. Then the choreographer took over talking and told us about rehearsal and before he left he told us to make sure we went to get fit for our costumes in the room next to the studio. We all nodded and absorbed the information. Then as the choreographer left Marc, the director, spoke up again.

“And this is My Chemical Romance.” He stepped forward a bit more and gestured to each of the members, “Gerard, Bob, Ray, Frank, and Mikey.” The band each stepped forward with smiles and shook each of our hands. I smiled at each of them and bit my lip when I got to the one that was looking at me before. I blushed and looked away when he let go of my hand. He was cute but I couldn't for the life of me remember his name. I am so out of it. The director just told me him name! Was it Mikey? No that was the really skinny one. Ray? Yeah that was him. The director then told us to go next door for our fitting and he would see us on Tuesday. So I followed the line of girls out of the studio and looked over my shoulder for a second and again I saw Ray watching me. I blushed once more and turned my head back and left the studio.

After a blur of measurements and makeup tests we were finally allowed to go home. It was now almost one and I was exhausted. I really needed something to eat and a shower. As I stood out in the lobby I searched in my huge dance bag for my keys. I really should stop throwing them in there, they get lost so easily. I groaned and began taking shoes out of the bag until I finally found them.

“Aha!” I said under my breath as I stood up and hoisted the now full bag onto my shoulder. I turned around to see Ray staring at me again. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit but smiled slightly anyway. I turned to begin walking out the door before he ran a bit to catch up to me.

“Find what you were looking for?” He looked at me with a huge smile on his face. How long had he been watching me?

“Uh, yeah.” I said, not really knowing what else to say. This guy was getting a little bit creepy.

“Good.” He said still smiling. Seriously what was this guys deal? “Hey, you were really good in there. I liked your freestyle better than the choreography.” He laughed a bit. Or giggled? Can guys actually giggle?

“Oh, thank you.” I blushed. “I just kind of went with the music, you know? It would have looked better if I had heard the song before, to get a feel for it.” I babbled. Crap. I pretty much just insulted the guy that gave me a job. I hope he didn't realize it.

“Yeah! I totally know what you mean. When I'm playing on stage I lose myself and I usually end up hurting myself or one of the guys.” He laughed (giggled?) again. “Wait so you've never heard of us before?” He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Shit. I knew I shouldn't have said that.

“Well, uh, not really. Not that the song wasn't good, I've just never heard of you guys before. I'm sorry.” I spoke quickly hoping he wouldn't already be picking out my replacement.

“Nah, it's fine! It's kinda cool, actually.” He smiled widely as he looked at me. Thank God! I let out a held breath and adjusted the bag on my shoulder. It was really starting to get heavy. “So your name is Jessica right?”

I looked at him in disbelief. How could this creepy guy possibly know my name?

“It was on your head shot.” He clarified and I blushed. I am a fucking idiot. I let out yet another held breath and relaxed. I guess he noticed 'cause he laughed a bit. “Don't worry I'm not a stalker or anything. Ray's the one you gotta look out for.” He joked but wait I thought he was Ray. So who the hell was he?

“Ray?” I asked confused.

“Yeah tall, fro guy. There's no way to miss him.” He laughed again and this time it was an actual laugh.

“Oh no, I saw him, I just didn't know didn't know his name was Ray.” I blushed again and bit the inside of my lip.

“Yeah that's cool there was a lot happening in there.” He smiled again. “So this may be completely forward and creepy but we have the rest of today off and I was wondering if you wanted to meet me for lunch maybe? My treat.” He looked at me, still smiling before he continued. “You don't have to it's just I saw you and I saw how much passion you had for dancing and it's exactly how I feel about music and I just thought maybe we could get to know each other. I'm really sorry if I'm being weird or whatever but-” I cut him off.

“No, it's fine.” I smiled softly. “Let me just go back to my apartment first. I really need to shower and change.”

His eyes lit up. “Really? Ok, yeah, cool. Um, you wanna meet at the cafe down the street? Is that too far from your apartment? We can go somewhere else.”

I smiled a bit more, “No that's fine, how's an hour sound?”

“That sounds perfect.” He smiled and reached into his pocket pulling out a small, ripped piece of paper with his number on it. “Call me when you're on your way, yeah?”

I nodded, “Sure. I'll see you soon.” I continued to smile before I stepped away from him as he said goodbye. I walked out of the building, to my car. I had a huge smile on my face once I reached my car. I had gotten a job in a music video. I didn't have to give up my dream and I had a date with a cute guy that I just meet. Now all I needed to do was remember his name.
Sign up to rate and review this story