Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shine

Falling

by KimmaLoveLaugh 0 reviews

The lunch.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 2238 words

0Unrated
After driving back to my apartment, showering, fixing my hair and makeup, dressing in my nicer clothes (which really only consisted of a newer pair of jeans and a relatively new white v-neck shirt), and getting back into my car, I began the drive to small cafe that was a few blocks away from the studio I was just at. This time as I drove I turned my radio up loud and smiled as The Killers came to my ears. I tapped my fingers on my steering wheel along with the music as I drove. I bit my lip, sucking my lip ring into my mouth, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I haven't been on a date in a long time. I was too consumed in dance and school. And I barely knew this guy. I had only known him for three minutes before I agreed to go to lunch with him. I didn't even know his name! What was I doing?

I sighed and stopped at the red light, resting my elbow on my car door and my head in my hand. I began to think that if that he was a regular guy that wasn't in a band would I still be doing this? Would I still be agreeing to a date with a stranger? But isn't that how some relationships start? Or was that just in movies? Do people do this in real life? I mean was I just giving him the chance because he's in a band? Does that make me shallow? He was pretty cute, though. And funny and sweet. And actually I didn't even know how big his band was. I'd never actually heard of them so it wasn't like I was some fangirl living out my fantasy. I swallowed and looked up as the light turned green and I pressed my foot on the gas. What the hell was I doing?

Once I reached the cafe, I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot. I got out of my car, grabbing my bag before walking inside. I looked around and bit the inside of my lip. He wasn't here yet. I sighed a bit and found a booth toward the back, sitting down. I sat back against the cushions and let my head rest against the wood that outlined the seat. I wasn't being fair to this guy. I wouldn't go on a date with a complete stranger, the only reason that I was doing this was because he was in a band. It had to be. I sighed once more and took out my phone checking the time. It was almost an hour and a half since I left the studio, maybe he realized that this was a stupid idea. I scrolled through my contacts to find his name that I programed in after I got back to my apartment, I had to call him and cancel. This wasn't fair to him. Once I found his name, which I affectionately wrote as 'Guy From Band', I pressed the send button and pressed the phone to my ear. I waited while the phone rang a few times until I heard the energetic, manly voice,

“Hello?” I could almost hear the smile in voice.

“Hey, um this is Jess, oh I mean Jessica.” I fumbled, I feel really bad breaking this off now.

“Hey! Are you on your way? Do you want me to go get us a table?” He questioned me. He seemed really excited. I couldn't understand why though.

“Um actually that's why I was calling-” I heard him sigh. Was he disappointed? I bit my lip. One lunch couldn't hurt, right? “I'm actually already here. I, um, I'm in a booth in the back.”

“Oh! Great! I'll be there soon.” The smile in his voice was back.

“Alright, bye.” I hung up after he said bye and I looked around . I sucked in my lip ring once more as I played with the silverware on the table. While I was waiting for Guy From Band, a waitress came over asking if I was ready to order, I told her I was waiting for someone but ordered a water. When the waitress returned with my water, I unwrapped my straw, put it in the cup, before I began playing with the wrapper. When I heard footsteps coming toward the table I looked up and saw the smiling face of Guy From Band. He took a seat across from me and smiled.

“Hey there. I didn't know you had a lip ring.” He said and I bit my bottom lip, making the metal clatter against my teeth.

“Oh, yeah. I don't wear it for auditions. I'd probably never get a part if I did.” I laughed softly and wrapped my hands around my cup, looking at the extremely attractive man in front of me.

“Yeah some of those people seem pretty strict. Michael's pretty good though.” He smiled and sat his tattooed hands on the table. “Not that I've had much experience with choreographers.” I laughed softly again and took a sip of my drink.

“So this is your band's first video with dancers?” I questioned.

He nodded. “Pretty much, I mean we've had cheerleaders and a few extras that danced ballroom style together but they weren't professional. No where near as good as you.” I blushed and looked down at the lemon floating in my cup. I thanked him before I looked back up at him.

“So that song, Helena I think, It's really good. It's really easy to dance to and it has great emotion behind it.” I spoke quickly trying not to act too weird. I really didn't know was to say around him.

“Thanks.” He smiled brightly. He did have a really nice smile. “It's dedicated to Gerard and Mikey's Grandmother. Gerard's a really great songwriter.” He spoke still smiling. So he wasn't Ray, Gerard, or Mikey. That only left Bob and Frank. I need to think of a plan to get him to tell me his name. ”Although we all participate in the songwriting process.” He leaned back and intertwined his fingers, the letters on his fingers scrambling up.

“That's great. I really love that bands create their own music. It really adds personality to their songs.” I took yet another sip of my water.

“I know. I could never play a song that someone else made me play, unless of course it was like a cover or something.” He giggled again and I have to admit, that giggle was starting to grow on me. I laughed softly at his laugh, looking at him. He looked back at me and he was smiling too. It was one of those movie moments where music would be playing and the camera would be spinning around us. It was actually a really weird feeling for me. So in my awkward, non romantic ways, I broke the gaze and looked away while I blushed. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear clearing my throat.

“So what does everyone play in the band?” I asked. This was my secret plot to learn his name!

“Well Gerard sings, Ray is lead guitar, Mikey plays bass, Bob plays the drums, and I play rhythm guitar.” Aha! His name was Frank! I was having lunch with Frank. Not Guy From Band. I smiled, a bit proud of myself, and I guess he caught on because he furrowed his eyebrows together looking at me. “What?” He asked.

“Oh, um,” I blushed and I felt like I could be completely honest with him. He seemed like a cool enough guy. “Well I had sort of forgotten your name and when you first came up to me I thought you were Ray. So I finally figured out that your name is Frank.” I blushed and looked down, embarrassed. He burst out laughing.

“Oh, God! Ray?! Haha! Man, I'd never wanna have that fro!” He continued to laugh. “He can pull it off though.” I began to laugh with him mostly because I was so embarrassed with myself. After a few minutes our laughter died down and he smiled at me amused. “Do I look like a Ray?”

“Well I didn't know!” I defended myself, laughing softly. “They introduced you guys so fast I was still getting over the shock that I even got the job!”

“Ah, come on, you knew you were gonna get it! You're amazing! The only reason you didn't get the solo was because it was less dancing and the choreographer said that you'd be better in the ensemble. You were hands down the best one there!” He said with a huge, sincere smile.

I shook my head and tried to keep the mood light, “Nah, quit trying to get into my pants.” I joked. I was usually never like this. Why was it so easy to be around him?

He looked at me and reached his hand across the table to rest it gently on mine, his eyes staring directly into mine. “I'm serious, Jessica. You were amazing. The best dancer I have ever seen. Not just your moves but with your emotion. I've never seen anything so beautiful.” I blushed. Did he just call me beautiful? No, he was just calling my dancing beautiful. That's a bigger compliment than my appearance, though. “Oh and the dancing was beautiful too.” He said softly, again reading my mind.

My face remained a deep shade of red as the waitress came over to take our orders. Frank took his hand off mine and the waitress wrote down our orders before walking away. We talked while we waited for our food, we talked while we ate our food and we talked while we sipped our drinks after the meal was over. I found out all about his band. They were from New Jersey, they've been traveling for the past three years, they just released their second album, and they were currently on their second drummer. He told me about himself. His interests, likes, dislikes, and about his family. I told him about my life, how I lived in Florida then moved here, I told him about my dad and my sister, Ana, I told him that I was almost ready to graduate college and I would be certified as a teacher, I told him that I taught dance and I told him that dreamed of being a ballerina. I didn't tell him, however about my mom, those memories are too close to my heart to let out to a person I just met, regardless of how strong of a connection I feel with him.

When the check came, he paid, much to my dismay, and we got up walking out of the cafe together. He walked me over to my car and I turned around, leaning against it as I faced Frank. I watched him as he took a step closer to me and placed his hand gently on my arm. He leaned in a kissed my cheek gently. I felt the cool metal of his lip ring touch the skin under my cheekbone and I let my eyes slip shut. His kiss lingered a bit before he stepped back and I opened my eyes looking at him.

“I wanna see you again.” He spoke softly, his hand slowly made it's way down my arm to my hand. He slipped his hand into mine and it fit perfectly. It was cliché and stupid to say, but there was no other way to describe it. His hand was supposed to be in mine. I looked down at our hands briefly. His colorful fingers mixed with my pale complexion looked so beautiful together. I had never felt so much emotion with a simple gesture. It was beautiful.

I looked back up at him and I smiled softly. “I would love to.” I gave his hand a gentle squeeze and I stood up straight so I was no longer leaning against the car. I wanted to kiss him. He looked at me and I saw his eyes going from my lips back up to my eyes. I knew he wanted the same thing. I leaned in a bit and we both hesitated. He reached his other hand up to cup my cheek and he closed the gap between us, pressing his lips to mine. This felt right. This was right. Me and him together. This was amazing.

The kiss only lasted a second before we pulled away. He ran his thumb across my cheekbone as I opened my eyes. I saw his beautiful green eyes staring into mine and a small smile tugged at my lips. His lips turned in a smile too before he pressed his lips to mine once more. This time we took our time kissing each other. Our lips moved slowly and carelessly. I slid my hand up to rest on his on my face. I gently slid my fingers into his as we kissed, pulling his hand away. Our hands once again fit perfectly together. We stood in the parking lot, our fingers tangled in each other, our lips pressed together and I was falling. I was falling for this man that I had just met. This man that seemed to be able to read my mind. This man that would soon change my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story