Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shine

You and me

by KimmaLoveLaugh 0 reviews

“No matter how right this feels, it can't work.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 3629 words

0Unrated
After that afternoon I went back to my apartment and Frank and I talked the entire night, mostly through text messages but he called me just before I went to bed. This routine continued Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and today. We had tried to get together but he was busy with the band and I still had to catch up on school work while teaching my classes at the dance studio.

The conversation never stopped with us, though. There was always something that we had to talk about. There was never that awkward... “So...yeah... um...what are you doing?” We talked about everything and anything. He had the stupidest sense of humor but it was great! He would tell me about all the stupid pranks he plays on the guys and what his next plan was. If they played a show that night, he told me what ridiculous thing he had done on stage. I told him about my classes and stuff but it wasn't as exciting to talk about. I'd rather listen to him.

Throughout the last few days it was usually him that was busy. Running from one interview to the next. Or rehearsing for their shows, or actually playing a show. Frank really wanted me to come see him play while they were in LA but I have been so busy with everything. I needed to make sure I was on top of school work because I would be taking most of next week off due to the video shoot and my dance studio was busy rehearsing for the competition that was coming up. So today it was me that was busy. I had a 7 a.m. Rehearsal that ran until 1. Then I had about an hour break before I would be teaching my own dance that was going to be in the competition. I barely had time to talk to Frank all day.

I woke up early, showered and dressed for rehearsal before leaving and driving to the studio. We ran through the numbers for the first half of the morning before the director finally called lunch. I left the studio and grabbed my food, which consisted of a small salad with grilled chicken, and I took out my phone, calling Frank. As I waited for him to pick up, I put the dressing on my salad and mixed it up.

“Hey, you.” I heard through the speaker on my phone. I smiled and blushed when the girls around me heard him and 'ooed'. I took the phone off speaker and put it to my ear.

“Hey yourself.” I said back softly. “How are you? How's your day off going?” I asked leaning back against the chair.

“Boring as hell.” He groaned which made me smile even more. “No one wants to do anything. Mikey is with his girlfriend, Ray and Gerard are working on some new song and Bob is being lazy. Do you know where that leaves me?” He questioned me and I laughed softly at his frustration.

“Where?” I smiled before having some of my salad.

“Alone in my hotel room wishing that we were together.” I heard him sigh. I frowned and put my elbow on the table.

“I'm know, Frank. I'm sorry.” I sighed and placed my fork gently down on the table. I didn't know what to say to him. We had had an amazing day together on Wednesday and now we weren't allowed to be together. It felt like we were being teased.

“Don't be sorry, Jess. I just...” I heard him sigh once more. “Wednesday was amazing.” He stopped again. “I just want to be able to hold your hand again.”

“I know what you mean.” I spoke softly, looking down at my hand. His hand fit so perfectly in mine. And his hands were so beautiful to me. Yeah, his hands had callouses and they were a bit rough from playing guitar. And sure he had tattoos all over his hands but they told a story. They told his story.

“When are you free tonight? Let's get together. I'll come where ever you need me to.” I heard him and I smiled sadly.

“Frank, I'm gonna be here until at least four then I need to get my schoolwork done. I'm missing three days next week for the video.” I heard him sigh once more. I thought for a moment before I took a deep breath. “Alright, how about this, I'll pick you up after my rehearsal tonight and we'll go back to my apartment but I need to get a little bit of work done.”

“Really?” I could hear the excitement in his voice. “We should pick up movies or something!” I laughed softly and shook my head. I had a feeling I wasn't going to get any work done tonight.

“Sure, babe, but let me go now. I gotta finish lunch before I get back to rehearsal.” I picked up my fork once more gathering some lettuce on it.

“Alright, just text me when you're on the way to my hotel. Have a good rest of rehearsal.” I smiled.

“I will. Don't go too crazy in your hotel room.” After our goodbyes, we hung up and I finished eating. We were all called back to practice again and eventually my first rehearsal was done. Then before I knew it my second rehearsal was done. I was happy that it went as fast as it did. Before I left the studio, I slipped on my sweatpants and sweatshirt before stepping into the bathroom to fix my hair. I needed to look presentable for Frank. I grabbed my dance bag and made my way out of the studio to my car. I pulled out my phone and texted Frank, telling him I was on my way, before I began the drive to Frank's hotel. After a short while I pulled into the parking lot and after putting my car in park I once again texted him, saying that I was here.

I waited in the car for Frank with only the soft music of the radio playing in the background. I was exhausted from today and tomorrow I had to wake up early for the video rehearsal and then Tuesday and Wednesday we were shooting. I wasn't going to have anytime to relax or do my work for the next few days. But you know, I wasn't upset that I was spending virtually my only free time with Frank. I really liked being with him.

A soft knock on my passenger window brought me out of my daydream and I looked over seeing a smiling Frank. I smiled and pressed the button to unlock the car. I felt my stomach get infected with butterflies and I bit my lip. How does he do these things to me? He opened the car door and climbed into the car.

“Hello there.” He said as he leaned over to kiss my cheek. His kisses were so soft. I smiled and turned my head after his lips left my skin and I looked at him.

“Hey. You ready to get away from this hotel?” I asked and I was already putting the car in drive.

“Hell fucking yeah! I was so bored today.” He said and I saw from the corner of my eye, as I pulled out of the parking lot, that he pouted. Damn, he was adorable. “But... I finally got to sleep late. So I guess that kind of makes up for everything, huh?”

“Definitely.” I laughed softly, resting my hand on the gearshift. “I haven't slept late in weeks. I have school every week day and then on weekends I have competition rehearsal at the crack of fucking dawn!” I began driving on the main road back to my apartment. I heard Frank laugh and I smiled softly.

“I'm not sure which is worse, getting up at the crack of fucking dawn or not going to bed until the crack of fucking dawn.” He looked at me. “Both are pretty horrible though.” He smiled and I watched as he moved his hand and rested it on mine on the gearshift. I smiled softly and turned my hand to face up and our fingers intertwined for the first time in days.

I looked down at our hands briefly before looking back at the road, “Yeah, it's bad.” I said softly almost at a loss for words. How the hell could holding hands have this much affect on me?

We spent the rest of the short car ride talking about small things. When I reached my apartment building I maneuvered into the parking lot of my apartment with one hand, not wanting to let go of his hand. I found a spot and reluctantly let go of his hand to turn off the car and get out. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and walked into the building and up the stairs to my apartment with Frank behind me. I unlocked the door and opened the door, letting Frank in first before I followed him. Once inside the apartment, I dropped my bag with a thud and turned to lock the door behind me. I turned around to see Frank looking around my apartment. I had a decent apartment, one bedroom, one bath, but that's all I really needed. It was just me. My living room was filled with black and white photography that I had acquired. I never understood why, but black and white pictures had always appealed to me. I walked up next to Frank where he stood looking at a picture of the New York City skyline .

“I've always wanted to live in New York. I always thought you could become anyone you wanted there.” I spoke softly and placed my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt.

“Yeah, I've always believed that that city held magic.” He turned his head, looking at me and smiled. I watched as he moved his arm so it was around my waist. I turned my head back to the picture and I felt his lips on my cheek.

“Have you ever been?” He asked after he pulled back and I shook my head.

“No, my mom and I were going to take a trip after I graduated high school...” I stopped and turned my head away from the skyline and looked at the green wall in front of me. I didn't want to bring this up today. We only had a short amount of time together and I didn't want to ruin it. “I'll go one day.”

“We should go together. New York is my neighbor I can show you all the great places.” He said, lightening the mood, which I was grateful for.

“Yeah? That would be really fun.” I smiled and turned my head to look at him, squinting my eyes at him. “As long as you don't make me look touristy.”

“Haha, some things can't be controlled, babe.” He said laughing and I shook my head.

“You're mean!” I joked, smiling. How was it possible that he could change my mood within three seconds? He was more amazing with every minute that I spent with him. “So I really need to shower but once I'm done do you want to order a pizza and we'll watch a movie?”

“That sounds perfect. Where are your menus? I'll order while you're in the shower. What do you want on it?” He asked as I stepped away from him, walking into my kitchen to get the menu.

“I'm not picky just no pineapples or fish.” I smiled at him after I reached the drawer I kept the menus in and pulled out the pizza one, handing it to Frank.

“Will do.” He saluted me and I laughed.

“I should only be about twenty minutes.” I kissed his cheek as I walked past him, heading down the hall to my bathroom. Once I was inside I locked the door behind my, just in case, and I started to strip of the layers of my dance outfit. I tossed them in the hamper before turning on the shower and stepping in after the water temperature adjusted.

I stood under the constant warm stream of water and let my eyes slip shut. Why was I so comfortable around Frank? I had only known him a few days. I began to wash my body as I thought of him. I thought of how amazingly special he was. He wasn't like anyone I have ever met. He was caring and sweet and funny and careful. He made me feel like I was important, like I wasn't just some random girl he was going to get with because he thought he could. When I was around him everything seemed to disappeared. All the stress with dance and school flew right out the window the minute I saw his handsome face. He made me feel like I could do anything as long as I had him by my side. But I had just met him! How can this man affect me so much within five days of meeting him. It doesn't seem real. I feel like I'm going to wake up from this dream and go back to living my mundane life.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head so I could finish my shower quickly and once I was done with all the necessary things, I stepped out, wrapping my towel around myself. I walked to the sink and pulled out my blow dryer, quickly drying my hair before putting it up in a loose ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom and quickly into my bedroom. I changed into some jeans and a t-shirt, slipped on some socks and clasped my mothers necklace around my neck. I decided against putting in my lip ring, though. I stepped out of my bedroom just as the doorbell rang. I walked quickly down the hall and smiled at Frank as I beat him to the door.

“Geez you're slow.” I joked and bent down to pull my wallet from my dance bag.

“Hey, what are you doing? I'll pay.” He said as he walked over to my resting his hand on the small of my back, which in turn sent shivers up my spine.

“No, I got it. You paid the other day.” I opened the door, after standing up, and paid the delivery man thanking him for the pizza. I shut the door after taking the pizza and turned to living room, setting the pizza on the coffee table. “I think I have beer do you want one?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen to get plates for us.

“Sure.” He said and he took the plates from me, walking back into the living room and I grabbed two beers from the fridge, following him. I sat down on the couch, setting the beers on the table.

He sat down next to me and we began to eat, chatting effortlessly about the week ahead of us. He then told me about his upcoming touring schedule. He wasn't going to have a lot of free time and I wondered what that would mean for us. And I wondered what he thought about there being an us after the video shoot was done. I pushed the thought away and continued to talk to him until we were done eating. I shut the pizza box and grabbed the remote handing it to him so he could pick something to watch.

Once he found a movie, we both settled back against the cushions and watched the TV. As the movie played we got closer and we ended up hand in hand, my head on his shoulder, his head resting on mine. It was a simple and beautiful moment. We were comfortable and I was happy. I was so fucking happy. There was no pressure with us. We didn't need to be making out like ferocious teenagers. Occasionally, though, I would feel his head lift away from mine and he would press a soft kiss to my head before he let his head fall softly against mine again.

When the movie ended I was almost asleep. I was exhausted from the past week and I was just so comfortable. I guess Frank noticed that I was drifting and he nudged me softly. “Hey, don't fall asleep like this. It's going to kill your neck.” He said softly, lifting his head off mine again.

I smiled at his thoughtfulness and I sat up straight. “Mm, what time is it?” I questioned stretching my neck out a bit.

“Almost 8. If you want to get to bed that's fine, I'll call Worm to come get me.” He said and I furrowed my eyebrows together. Worm? Oh the bodyguard guy. What a weird name.

“Nah, it's ok. I mean you can stay here if you want. I can drop you off at your hotel tomorrow before the rehearsal.” I looked at Frank, biting my lip. I was nervous he was going to think it was too soon.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“I'm sure, but you don't have to.” I said softly, turning my head away from him. I felt his hand unwrap from mine and I swallowed. It was too soon. Why did I always have to rush things? Then I felt his hand touch my chin, gently, and he turned my head to look at him.

“I would love to.” He smiled brightly and leaned in pressing a light kiss to the corner of my lips. God, those lips were amazing.

“Yeah?” I smiled and he nodded. “Alright then. Let me just clean up first.” I continued to smile as I stood up.

“Alright, I'm going to call the guys to tell them.” He stood up after me, pulling out his cell phone.

“Ok.” I said, still smiling as I left the room with the dirty plates, beer bottles, and pizza box. I set everything on the counter and put the left over pizza in the fridge before throwing out the bottles and putting the plates in the sink where I began to wash them.

I didn't hear Frank come back into the kitchen until I felt his arm around my waist.

“Alright. All done.” He said gently squeezing my side.

“Good. Did they say anything? Do they think it's weird or anything?” I asked him. I didn't want his friends to think I was easy. I felt the need to impress them. Not just because they were his bandmates but because he told me that they felt like his brothers and you can't have your boyfriends' brothers hate you. Wait did I just call Frank my boyfriend? He was not my boyfriend. We were just friends for now. Right?

“Well they told me that they didn't want dancing Franks to appear in nine months.” He laughed and I looked at him wide-eyed. They did think I was easy! “Hey, they were only joking. They know I like you too much.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh you like me?” I asked playfully. This was good.

“Mmhm. I happen to like you very...” He leaned in and kissed my cheek. “very...” He kissed it again. “much.” He kissed my cheek once more and let his lips linger on my skin.

When he pulled back, I turned my head once more to face him and I leaned forward slowly to kiss him. His lips met mine and we kissed languidly, his lip ring pressing against my naked, ring-less lips. Simultaneously, we turned to face each other and his other arm found it's way around my waist as my arms slid out of my pockets to rest around his neck. Our lips danced together tenderly as he pulled me close to him. The kiss wasn't pushy or lustful, it was caring and slow. I have never known that I kiss could feel like this. After a short while we mutually pulled back from each other and Frank let his forehead rest against mine as we regained our breath.

I kept my eyes closed as I let my fingers play with the hair on the back of his neck and I heard him whisper, “This is so right, Jess. You and me.” I melted against him a bit, my knees bending slightly. I felt his arms wrap a bit tighter around me. This was right. We were right. I know we've only known each other a few days but I've never felt like this before.

Then the hideous dark cloud found it's way over my head. How would this possibly work? He's in a band, he lives on the other side of the country, I have a job here, I have my family here, I have my school here, I have my moms last memories here. This wouldn't work.

I swallowed a bit and I moved my head away from his, opening my eyes. “Frank.” I spoke gently so he would open his eyes too. When he did I smiled sadly at this beautiful person in front of me. I moved one hand from around his neck to cup his cheek. “No matter how right this feels, it can't work.” I spoke the words carefully, looking into his eyes. I looked for a reaction from him hoping that I didn't hurt him too badly.

Instead of an argument, like I was expected, Frank just let his eyes slip shut and rested his forehead against mine once more. I let my hand drop to rest on his tattooed neck letting my own eyes slip shut. “We can. You'll see.” He said sternly but quietly. I couldn't see how he could be so sure.
Sign up to rate and review this story