Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shine

Alone

by KimmaLoveLaugh 1 review

I didn't need to fake emotion for this dance

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-04-15 - Updated: 2011-04-15 - 2284 words

0Unrated
The next morning I had gotten out of bed, showered, ate, and dressed all while Frank was sleeping peacefully. Last night had been amazing. We went to bed early but we didn't end up falling asleep right away, no matter how tired I was. We talked about small things in the dark of my room. He told me more about his family and his relationship with the guys, while I told him about my best friend, Jenn. We cuddled and kissed while talked, staying close to each other.

Now that I was ready to go to the studio I knew I had to wake Frank up. I walked into the bedroom, quietly and smiled softly at his tranquil body. I gently pushed back his dark hair from his tanned forehead and I leaned down to kiss him gently there. My hand dipped down and cupped Frank's cheek, stroking my thumb over his cheekbone.

“Frank.” I whispered into his ear as I sat down carefully on the bed next to him. “Come on, Frank. It's time to get up, babe.” I spoke a bit louder as he shifted slightly, not waking up. I moved the hand that was on his cheek down to rest on his chest t-shirt clad chest and I rubbed it gently. “Frankie, I really need to get going.” My voice raised in volume once more as his eyelids started to flutter open. I smiled down at him and watched him as he adjusted to light in the room.

“Mm, time?” He mumbled and turned so he now rested his head in my lap, cuddling into me.

I laughed softly and pushed his hair back from where it fell on his face when he shifted. “It's almost eight. I have to get going, though.” I heard him groan and yawn, mumbling something about it 'being to fucking early' and that 'the fucking roosters aren't even up yet'. I laughed again and bent down, pressing my lips to the top of his head. “You need to get up. I can't be late. It's for your music video.”

I heard him huff and he slowly opened one eye looking up at me. “Fine.” He pouted before closing his eye again. We stayed there, with his head on my lap, for another few minutes before I nudged him again, telling him to get up. “Fine!” He pouted again and sat up looking at me.

I laughed softly and stood from the bed, grabbing his pants from the floor and handing them to him and I left the room so he could get dressed. I walked to the doorway of my apartment, picking up my dance bag, throwing things in it that I may need for today. Once I saw Frank appear from the bathroom I smiled at him.

“Are you ready? I'm running late.” I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“Pushy, pushy.” He said with a smiled and he grabbed his phone from where it rested on the coffee table before he walked to the door. “I'm ready.”

I shook my head with a smile and opened the door for him. “After you.” He walked passed me and into the hallway after placing a kiss to my cheek. I followed him out, locking the door behind me. We made out way downstairs together and out to my car. I unlocked it for him and tossed my bag in the bag seat before getting in the front seat. I started the car and began the drive to his hotel which was about twenty minutes away from the studio.

We drove in a comfortable silence, probably because Frank was practically falling asleep against the window, but the whole time he held my right hand. The second after I put the car in drive his hand found his way to mine.

Once I pulled into the parking lot of the hotel where Frank was staying, I squeezed his hand before letting go to put the car in park. I turned in my seat to face him where I took a deep breath, “So Frank, tomorrow I don't think we should be all couple-y at the shoot.” I spoke hesitantly.

His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me, as I continued, “Not that I don't want to be, I just, I don't want anyone to think I got the part because of you and I have to be professional you know?” I bit my lip waiting for him to respond.

“But you didn't get it because of me. I didn't even know you until after the auditions.” I could tell he was confused. He shifted in his seat so he could face me.

“I know! But it could look funny, you know? Not that I don't want to be that way with you. You know I love holding your hand and kissing you but we're both going to be so busy and it would probably be better if we kept everything to ourselves. At least until after the video is done.”

Frank looked at me for a second before he responded. “Jess, after the video is done, I'm going back on the road. These next few days are all we'll have for a few weeks. I want to spend as much time with you as possible. I don't care about what everyone thinks. It shouldn't matter. It doesn't matter!” He spoke quickly, gesturing with his hands.

“I want to spend time with you, too but I need to be professional, Frank. I can't be making out with you on set. It looks bad.” I sighed, trying to reason with him.

“You're being ridiculous, Jess! It won't look bad. We're together! Or at least I thought we were. I thought you wanted to be with me. What changed?” He questioned.

“Nothing! Nothing changed at all. I still want to be with you, Frank. But can't you see that it may not be the best to flaunt our relationship around on set, where I'm technically working for you?”

“No, I can't see that. It doesn't matter. The guys won't care. I don't care. You don't work for me, Jess.” He shook his head slightly.

“Frank, I do work for you. At least until the video is over. I can't be all over you at the shoot. I'm sorry. It makes me look bad.” I sighed turning to face him. He just shook his head again and got out of the car. He turned around after he was outside and bent down a bit so he could look in the car.

“Maybe this was a bad idea.” He said angrily as he shut the door and walked off to the entrance of the hotel.

I sat in my car in shock. The conversation playing in my head. Was I wrong to ask him of that? We had only known each other a few days. We weren't really even a couple. Why couldn't he understand? I bit my lip as tears started forming in my eyes. How could I have strong feelings like this after such a short time? And was it over? What had I done? What could I have done differently?

I took a deep breath and put my car in drive, making my way out of the parking lot. I managed to make my way to the studio without shedding a single tear. Reaching the studio, I pulled into a spot putting my car in park, turning it off, getting out and grabbing my bag. I walked inside and immediately began to stretch and prep with the other girls. It was time to work. I needed to forget about Frank so I could do the best job I could. I pushed him to the back of my head and that's where he stayed for the rest of rehearsal.

We spent the entire day working on the routine, the blocking, and working with our partners. The dances that we learned were fairly challenging, nothing I couldn't handle, though. It took the entire day with only one break for lunch but we were finally finished. To say I was tired would be an understatement. My whole body ached and I swear my partner left a bruise where he grabbed my leg over and over and over again.

After grabbing something to eat and arriving back at my apartment, I walked inside heading straight to my bedroom, stripping out of my dance clothes, putting on pajamas before I collapsed on my bed. I reached over to check the time and make sure my alarm was set for tomorrow. I sighed when I saw it was 7:30 it was early in the evening but I was exhausted. I got under my covers and slowly started to fall asleep when I heard my cell phone ring from my dance bag in the hallway. I decided to just let it got to voicemail and I once again let myself fall asleep.

~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to my alarm clock blaring next to my ear. I couldn't believe it was already morning. I was still so tired from yesterday that I felt like I could sleep for hours. I reached over and turn off the alarm, rolling out of my bed. I made my way into the bathroom and beginning my morning routine.

Once I was dressed in sweats, I made my way into the kitchen grabbing a granola bar and a water, making my way out of my apartment with my dance bag on my shoulder. I reached my car and placed my bag in the backseat, fishing out my phone to check for messages, I secretly hoped that last nights phone call was from Frank. When I opened my phone I saw that I had two texts and two missed calls. One text was from my little sister and the other was from my best friend, who I haven't seen in weeks and the phone calls, unfortunately, were from the same people. I sighed to myself, shutting off my phone in frustration, putting it back into my bag. I climbed into drivers seat after shutting the back door and made my way to the church where the video was being filmed in.

After I arrived at the church, all of the dancers were ushered into a Sunday school room where we were dressed in our costumes and got our hair and make up done by the stylist. Then we were told to go out to the main room where we began blocking the set. After we all knew our markings, the director said it was time to start filming the dance scene. Gerard, the lead singer, came out and took his place where he would be singing and the rest of the guys followed to watch the performance. The second I saw Frank my heart dropped and I swallowed. He didn't even look at me. I watched him for a few minutes as the director was getting the camera ready, he looked everywhere but at me. I rolled my heavily made up eyes and turned to get in my first position when the director said it was time. I didn't need to fake emotion for this dance.

It took a few takes for the director to get every angle he wanted and by the end, all of us were exhausted. The director called lunch and all of the dancers walked off to where the catering was. I stayed behind, though, and walked over to where Frank and the guys were. I took a deep breath before I approached Frank's turned back and I tapped him gently on the shoulder. When he turned around his eyes looked tired and dull. I swallowed a bit and clasped my hands in front of myself, speaking lightly,

“Do you want to grab lunch? I wanna to talk to you.” I looked at him and I saw his bandmates stepping back from him, turning back to their conversation.

“Nah, I don't think so. We wouldn't want to be unprofessional.” He said bluntly. I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows while I took in what he said. If he was going to be a child then fine. We weren't meant to work anyway.

After I realized that I needed to respond to him, I simply nodded and turned away from him. I began my walk to where the other dancers went, keeping my emotions inside. I was upset and hurt. He wasn't the same guy that I met almost a week ago.

I was angry, too. I was angry that he was being so childish. I was angry that he couldn't just put it behind us and work with what time we were given. I was also angry with myself. I knew this would happen. I knew I shouldn't have tried to be with him.

I walked into the room where the food was and I grabbed a water from the table and found a table, sitting down. I spent the whole hour of lunch sitting at the table with the other dancers where they all chatted and ate, but I just sat there, playing with the plastic cap of my water bottle.

The rest of the day went the same as the first half. Blocking and dancing and filming. We didn't finish until almost nine at night. Once we were done we all went back to the makeshift dressing room and put our costumes back on the racks for the next day. I changed back into my sweats and walked out of the church, passing by Frank and the guys, without a word. I got into my car and made my way to my apartment, alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story