Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep Running, Killjoys

Keep Running, Killjoys

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-04-21 - Updated: 2011-04-21 - 659 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
The fact of that caused all the other killjoys to worry about going into the city.
Jest Star walked in, yawning.
“Hey guys”
“Hey Jet, what's up”
“Too sleepy to talk, have to have coffee first.”
“We're almost out”
“That's sad, well, give me what's left.”
“That's selfish” I teased.
“Yeah, sure, I'm the selfish one.”
“I was joking. So, coffee.”
“Yeah, that's what I asked for”
“Well, you could consider me a 'life saver', couldn't you?”
“I....guess.”
“Maybe even a 'world' saver?”
“Okay Fatal, what are you trying to get at?”
“Is my point so hard to understand?”
“Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh. Yes it is!!”
“Okay, okay, so Poison's been all moody lately, and I overheard him saying I could save the world, so I'm really questioning my choice to be here. I just wanted freedom”
“Well, I know that Poison's moody because Kobra has threatened to go off . He just can't get over the fact that you look so much like....aw crap! I'm not supposed to say anything!!! You!” He pointed his finger at me and frowning. “You made me confess!”
“Me? I just asked you what was wrong with Poison! You just kept giving me details!”
“Like you don't know how gullible I am.”
“Well then you should know better then to listen to secrets like that.”
“Touche”
“So....Kobra....he's not too happy about me, because I look like his lost wife?”
“Monica was the world to him. She seemed like, his soul mate.” Jet sighed. Not like in a mournful was as much, but like, exasperated. “But, a couple days before the war, Kobra and Monica fought. She wanted to run away, underground with him, but he would have to leave Poison, Ghoul, and I. Kobra didn't want to make that choice. She told him he had to, so he chose to stay with us, and she left, and disappeared. We heard there was a body or two down there, but they couldn't be identified.”
“Oh.” I looked down at the counter. That made it worse, so he still loved her, but she hurt him first. Mixed emotions. Ugh. For once, I wish I could be a part of something that I was completely accepted to. I grimaced at the counter top.
Jet looked at me, in a kind of, shocked, pained, and....something I couldn't tell. He put his hand on mine, which was lying on the table. “Don't worry, he's good with temper, but I'm sure it's not you”
I wanted to drag my hand away, my stomach flipping. Was this their normal behavior when they were trying to help someone feel better. It's nice and all, but... “If it's not me, then why is he threatening to leave?”
“Oh, I don't know, the brothers can be so...melodramatic. It's...It's hard. We all lost someone, or something, in Pixie's case.”
“What, her singing?”
“Like she could ever stop talking about it. I don't even know what singer she was. You wouldn't recognize any movie stars or singers these days, in this mess.”
“Yeah.” I sighed. His hand was still on mine. His palm warm. His fingers were rough, but soft. Strong. I shook my head. I needed to clear my head. I wasn't ready for anything yet, not after the hurt, of losing A.J. I pulled my hand away and turned around, tears coming to my eyes. I was about to walk out the door when Poison came in, followed my Karma, bouncing over to me.
“So-o-o, you ready?” She was extra excited.
I looked up and smiled as best as I could. She noticed, though.
“You okay?”
“Yeah, I'm f-fine.” My voice cracked a little. I looked over a Jet. He was shaking.
Toxic rubbed my shoulder. “I know it's scary the first time round, but the adrenalin rush makes it all worth it, you know?”
“Yeah, I can't wait.” I looked back up and smiled for real this time.
Sign up to rate and review this story