Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Catch Me While You Can

Pills don't help

by touchthesky 1 review

Mikey starts down a bad road, and Frank makes some decisions.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-04-22 - Updated: 2011-04-22 - 952 words

1Original
A/N - Hey, this chapter came after a bit of writers block so it may not be as good as I would've hoped... the actual Frikey should start soon, hope you enjoy it :)

Mikeys POV

After that embarrassing occurrence, Frank kept distance between us for the last days of our journey home. Whenever I was in the room he would tense, and it hurt so much to know that I was the one making him so uncomfortable. I knew now, that I was was falling for him, but I also knew it was too soon to tell him. We didn't share a room in the hotels once, probably because the guys noticed how he got when I was around. Gerard gave me concerned glances whenever we where together. He was a great brother, always worried about me. He didn't confront me about it, but he made sure he knew something was up and I knew he'd understand. But I couldn't talk to him, because not being able to talk to Frank and having to bottle up my feelings toward him had triggered my depression again. I couldn't weigh him down like that, he was still recovering from everything.

When we go home to our apartment, me and Gerard, he threw everything in his room and I did the same with mine. He called out that we needed to talk and so I went to join him on the couch to chat. We haven't done that for ages, being on tour detracts from talking time. I only just realise how busy we've all actually been, no-ones really had time for band bonding time. I snap out of my thoughts to see a slightly confused Gerard waving his hand in front of my face, I must've spaced out.

"Hey bro, you okay? We don't have to talk tonight, y'know, if you're not feeing too great..."


"Thanks, I think I'm gonna go lay down. It's good to be back home."

"True, and it's good to be able to spend so time with my brother! C'mere, gimme a hug!" I went towards him and we hugged in the first time in what felt like forever. "Missed you bro. Have a nice sleep!"

"Thanks Gee, missed you a lot too."

I went to the bathroom, raided the cupboards until I found the sleeping pills and went to my room. Locking the door, I sighed and made my way over to the bed. Recommended dosage was 2 pills, so 4 couldn't hurt too much, I decided. I downed them and waited for sleep to come. I couldn't get a natural sleep from worrying about Frank, so pills had secretly become one of my closest friends. I was becoming something I had always fought to resist.

Franks POV

I got home and pretty much collapsed on the couch. I had been constantly thinking back to a couple of days ago, when I was pretty sure Mikey was trying to kiss me. He still hadn't given me back my blade, and he tried to kiss me. It could just be the wishful thinking of my tired and worn out mind, but I wondered if maybe, possibly, he was falling for me too. I had distanced myself from him recently, figuring that it would be better to do that than to be close and be rejected. But I can see that that it's hurting him and I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. Half-zombified and falling asleep, I decide that I have to call him tomorrow and discuss... this. Only when I'm just about asleep do I realise I haven't cut since Mikey took my blade, even though I could've just got another one. Maybe I'm getting better...

Mikeys POV

"Micheal James Way, open this fucking door right now! MIKEY!" screams a voice that sounds distant yet too close at the same time. I groan realising it's Gerard and that I'm too dopey to actually get up and open the door. I groan and mumble something about it being too early.

"Mikey, it's 2 in the afternoon. Something's up with you, you never sleep this late. Open up!" he insisted.

"Gimme a couple minutes," I groaned, trying to pull myself up enough to at least see which direction the door was in. With a lot of effort, I groggily pulled myself over to the door, opened it, then turned around and went back onto the bed. Gerard walk in tentatively behind me.

"Geez Mikes, what was all that about?"

"I took a couple sleeping pills, just the recommended amount, apparently they work super well on me," I lied.

"You sure? You don't look too good. I wouldn't take as many next time. Wait, why did you need sleeping pills in the first place Mikes?"

"Uh... just having a little trouble getting to sleep recently, thats all."

"Okay," he dragged out slightly unbelievingly, he could probably tell something else was up but he wouldn't push it, "well I'm gonna get you some coffee, you want anything to eat?"

"Yeah sure, thanks bro." He went downstairs, and a couple minutes later came back up with toast and coffee. I thanked him and he left. Once I was finished I got out of bed, got dressed without bothering with a shower, and went downstairs. Gee had left, shouting up something about shopping for food since we had pretty much none. I watched TV for a while until I heard my phone ringing from somewhere in the kitchen. Possibly. I searched for it, found in one of the cupboards and picked it up, not checking the caller I.D. I didn't expect what I heard next.

"Hey, Mikey, can we talk?"

Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story