Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Past is Past, Future is Forever.

Chapter 1.

by mcr_killjoy 2 reviews

Rosie is in a care home, shes had a difficult childhood, with no family around to support her, she overcomes her past, but what does the future hold for her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-04-20 - Updated: 2011-04-26 - 617 words - Complete

0Unrated
I lay on my bed with my earphones in, listening to cemetery drive by My Chemical Romance, they were my all time favourite band. I'd liked them for as long as I could remember, they'd helped me through so much. At school I get teased for being a 'freak' or people call me stupid because of my dyslexia. Listening to My Chemical Romance help me block it all out, they make me feel like I had a reason to live.
Suddenly there comes a knock on my door which interupts my daydream, I angrily shout, "come in", annoyed at the fact I had been interupted whilst in my comfort zone.

My friend Matt walks in and plonks himself on the end of my bed.
"Don't tell me your listening to mcr again" he said matter-of-factly.
I nodded and smirked, "obviously".
.
"Well anyway, come down dinners done" Matt said as he got up.

I jumped up off my bed and went over to the mirror before heading downstairs. Matt was my only friend in this place, he was just like me, a 'freak' as they might say, he always made me crack a smile with his stupid jokes, even when I was at my worst, he was loyal, he was a bit of a rebel, like me he'd been through a lot. He's tall, and scared of heights, funny right? He has long black hair and deep blue eyes. He always wears a lot of black, which is probably why we get stereotyped as the 'emo' kids.

I took my place at the table with all the other foster kids.
Yes, foster, I'm in a care home. I've been here 10 years now since i was 4, so yes i'm 14. I was put into care as I had no family, only my aunt and uncle, but they had enough with their own 5 kids and didn't have the space for me, it was for the best I didn't live with them, we didn't exactly see eye to eye. I'd always thought I was in care because my family just didn't want me, but Katherine, my social worker told me the real reason four years ago, when I was 10. The real reason being my mother was killed in a car crash when i was 4 and they had no records of who or where my father was. When I found out this, I was devastated, my mother was dead. I couldn't remember what she was like when I was a child, I was too young, so to me it felt like I would never ever actually get to meet her. I went into depression and thats when I discovered My Chemical Romance, I was suicidal, but their music saved my life, they kept me alive, by knowing I had something to live for.


"Earth to Rosie!" Matt yelled, waving his hand infront of my face, "you done?" he asked.

"Err yeah" I replied looking down at the now empty plate.

"Come on" he said grabbing my hand and dragging me upstairs to my room.

We got in and both sat cross-legged on my bed. "You gonna tell me whats wrong?" Matt asked.

"What? Im Fine" I lied.

"Rosie, you were zoned out down there, I know when somethings up, so tell me bitch" Matt demanded.

It was true, he's my best friend and can tell when somethings up, he was the one who found out about my drinking, when I was depressed I would sneak out on the streets with older kids and binge drink, it got that bad once I ended up having my stomach pumped. Matt was staring at me waiting for me to answer.


Should I continue? R&R please.
Sign up to rate and review this story