Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Came and Saved Me Tonight

Your Fantasy Life is Finally at an End

by FromFateToRomance 1 review

Screaming didn’t help. Fighting didn’t help. All I could do was close my eyes and wait for it to be over.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2011-04-22 - Updated: 2011-04-23 - 1620 words

2Original
Hey guys, I'm really sorry it's taken so long to update. I've been so busy with university application essays and school. And most of this week I've been away from home for a My Chem concert (amazing, by the way).
Anyway, on with the story.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amanda's POV


After my third and final class of the day, nutritional studies, I headed back to my dorm to prepare for the party. As I opened the door I was greeted by an overly cheery Sarah and her best friend, Laura. I had to stifle my laughter as I watched Laura apply mascara with her mouth as wide as a freaking basketball and a ditzy look playing on her face.

"We have an outfit for you to wear! I know you already had one set and all, but we think this is waaaaaaay cuter." Sarah gushed as she motioned toward my bed where a skimpy outfit was laid out. The outfit consisted of white short shorts and a sparkly blue flowy strapless top. I mentally thanked god that it wasn't formfitting. While they continued getting ready, their music blasted. Holy shit, you have no idea how badly I wanted to smash Laura's iPod. I couldn't tell you the name of the song to save my life - they all sound the same to me anyway. Regardless, it was some shitty, overproduced autotune. I tried to tune the "music" out as I applied a thick mask of makeup and fixed my hair.

Why did I even agree to go to this party anyway?. They're always the same. Overly made-up girls drinking their body weight in beer and fighting for every guy's attention. Egotistical, self assured guys taking advantage of said girls. Usually I just sit by myself on a couch, if I'm lucky maybe strike up a conversation with someone worth talking to. Maybe I can get out of this one. At the very least, I'm sure I can sneak away before it's over.

"Come on, come on! We have to go, Amanda!" they squealed almost in unison. God, these girls freaked me out. With a final look at myself in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and walked through the door.

The party went as expected. Lots of drunken hookups, drama and alcohol. I stood up from the couch and walked toward the stairs in an attempt to find the bathroom. Once I reached the top of the staircase, a cute boy who appeared to be maybe a year older than me grabbed my wrist and tugged me toward him. As I was pulled into his chest, I could smell the excessive amounts of beer, vodka, and whatever the hell else they had at this party. I tried to pull away. I swear I tried with all of my strength, but I'm a tiny girl of only five feet. There was no way I could fight someone his size off. The door slammed and I was thrown into the darkness. A bed caught my fall and I tried to run, but not before I felt a heavy weight push me back down. Hands were everywhere, and I cried and screamed, but nobody could hear me. I clawed at my attacker's face, but to no avail. I felt fists collide with my ribcage, one after the other. Rough hands clawed at my shorts and managed to pull them away from me. Screaming didn't help. Fighting didn't help. All I could do was close my eyes and wait for it to be over.

The second he was finished, he left. Silently, and with a tearstained face, I gathered my clothes and put them back on. Once out of that room, I ran as fast as my feet would take me. Where was I going? No idea. I just knew I needed to get out. I managed to get to the other side of campus before I tripped over a hidden tree root littering the trail. My energy was gone, and I couldn't get back up. Instead, I simply sat there in the frosted moonlight, my mind blank.

------------

Frank's POV

Without a sound, and I wish you away.

The hypnotizing, if not somewhat nasally voice faded into the music as the final chords cut through the smoky air. I jumped around the stage to the beat of the drums, drenched in my sweat. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the singer drunkenly grin at the twenty or so people crowded by the basement stage.

"Shit dude! Did you see how into it they were?!" I screamed over the cheering at my best friend, Gerard. We just finished playing our fifth show, and regardless of how small the crowd was, they were completely and utterly into it. Our electrifying singer knew how to work the stage, whether for fifty people or five. Backing him up were my three other best friends, Mikey, Ray and Matt. We'd been playing together for less than a month, but we all knew something great was going to happen. This band, unlike some of my previous ones, had the potential to be extraordinary. We just had to tighten up some of the songs, maybe write some more. Deep down, I knew that we'd be selling out stadiums someday. People called me a dreamer, an optimistic. "It's never gonna happen, Frank. You're just setting yourself up for failure.", they told me. So what if I was a dreamer? I believed, and the band believed. That was all we needed.

We parted ways after the show, Gerard, Ray, Mikey and Matt heading back home, and me to my dorm. I was almost halfway to my residence building when I heard a soft whimpering coming from the side of the path. Through my blurred vision, I saw a girl huddled against a tree crying and freezing in the cold October night air. I staggered a few feet closer.


----------

Amanda's POV


Footsteps approached me and I froze in fear. I didn't look up... I couldn't. I was too terrified. A familiar and warm voice filled the silence.

"Um. Are you okay?"

I stayed silent. The footsteps got closer, and a gloved hand softly pushed my hands away from my face.
"Oh. It's you." He said in a disgusted tone. "What's wrong now? Someone break up with you? Did you lose your favourite pair of shoes? Or did mommy and daddy not buy you the car you wanted? You've got a perfect life. Nothing to cry over. Right now you just seem pathe - are... are you bleeding?"

My hand unconsciously shot up to my face. Sure enough, there were twin trails of blood pouring from my mouth and nose.

"Shit. Here, come with me. We gotta get you cleaned up." Frank slurred as he reached out his hand, which I tentatively grabbed. He pulled me to my feet and steadied me as we wandered to his dorm in silence. He shoved the key into the lock and stepped into his apartment-style room. I was dragged to the bathroom where he sat me on the counter and pulled out a rag. Gently, he began to dab at the now dried blood covering my face.
"Sorry", he mumbled as I winced. "So are you gonna tell me what happened, or what?"

Once again, I said nothing.

"You know what, fine. If you just wanna pretend like nothing happened, then do it. I've offered to help, but you obviously don't want it. Finish cleaning up, then feel free to get the hell out of here and go cry to Matt or someone." Frank turned on his heels and took a step toward the doorway.

"I was raped." I said in a voice barely louder than a whisper.

Frank slowly turned back around. "What?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"I, uh. I was raped. Tonight." My voice cracked on the last word, and I hung my head in shame.

Without warning, I felt arms tighten me in a hug. I heard a discouraged sigh, before he said, "I know we hate each other, but I really don't think you should be alone right now. You can stay here tonight... if you want to. I'll walk you home in the morning."

I managed to mumble a thank you before he left, only to return a few moments later with some trackpants and a Black Flag hoodie.

"What? I thought you might wanna wear these. You look cold." he said after noticing my confused look. "Or did you plan on wearing... that?" His hand gestured in my general direction.

I looked down at my skimpy outfit and then at his offer. They were the kind of clothes that I used to wear all the time. Back when I wore what I wanted, and not what others told me to. Back when I was happy.

"Yeah, thanks." I awkwardly reached my arm out to grab the clothing

When Frank left the room, turned to face the mirror and cautiously began to raise the hem of my shirt. The skin under the silky blue material brought me close to gagging. The once pale, almost white flesh was a bright red, and marred with bruises and oozing cuts. A large purple blotch crept around my midsection from my left hip up to the bottom of my ribcage.

A sob escaped me before I managed to compose myself. Pulling the soft black hoodie over my head, I stared at my face in the mirror. Broken, hurt and scared.

How did I become this?


--------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! Tried to make this longer than the last chapter. I promise I won't take ages to update again.

xo
Sign up to rate and review this story