Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > The Skynet War in the Eyes of Reese O'Connell

Chapter Five: The Silent Treatment

by MasochisticPsycho 0 reviews

(John Collin McCloud's POV) Reese is giving John the "silent treatment". Will John finally give in?

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-04-22 - Updated: 2011-04-23 - 738 words

0Unrated
Feburary 14th, 2018

"Gewd murnik," I yawned, ruffling and scratching my short blond hair. I walked to a table at the food quarters where Josephine and Reese were sitting at.
"Good morning," replied Josephine.
I nodded at her before smiling at Reese and saying, "Mornin', Reese."
"Hmmm," he said, finishing his coyote. "I'm full, Josephine. Gonna nap. Wake me up if we have a mission," he announced, getting up to leave. He looked sadly at Josephine as she gave him a knowing, sad, and apologetic look before he turned and left.
"Huh..." I laughed humorlessly as she turned back.
"Hmmm?"
I glared at her and grimaced angrily.
"What's up with Reese?"
She returned the glare and replied, "'What do you mean?'"
"Don't give me that bullshit, Josephine," I snarled. "He was being cold towards me. What the actual fuck is his problem?!"
"'What do you mean?'" she said again, rolling her eyes.
Josephine scoffed and continued, "That was your reply, asshole! -He- wanted to know what was wrong with -you-, and you gave him nonsense answers! You -know- he cares for you, dumbass! Why would you hurt him like that?!"
I growled. I didn't sleep a wink after making Reese suffer and cry hysterical like that. What made her think I -wanted- to hurt him?!
"FUCK you, Rivers. You -know- I'm -in love- with him! I just..."
Sighing, I hung my head in my hands as tears spilled over my cheeks.
"I just can't tell him..." I finished. "I'd lose my bestfriend... I can't tell him I love him! He'd -hate- me!"
Josephine kissed my head and patted my shoulder. She was always like a sister to me. I looked up at her with tearful eyes.
"I'm sorry," she murmured. I just nodded and let the tears slide down my cheeks.
"But..." she started.
"But?"
"You have to tell him, John. He has a right to know. And you need to let it out. If you don't, it'll eat away at you slowly until you go -crazy-."
"Hmmm..."
She had a point. But...
"I don't want to lose my bestfriend," I said.
"You'll lose -and- hurt him if you don't tell him. You do realize that, don't you?"
"Of course I do!"
"Then tell him!"
I groaned, then sighed.
I hate when she's right.
I took a deep breathe and nodded.
"I will."
She smiled.
"But... Only when the time is right."
Josephine nodded and kissed my forehead before hugging me and leaving. I sighed and held my head in my hands.
"Oh God... What did I get myself into?"
Shaking my head, I got up and walked to my room. My appetite disappeared, and all I felt like doing was curling up in my bed and crying.
I hadn't realized I'd hurt Reese this bad.
I trudged inside and closed the door behind me, falling backward onto my cot. I stared up at the ceiling before putting an arm over my now throbbing head.
"Maybe I'll tell him later on today," I mumbled. I nodded to myself and rolled over onto my side, snuggling up on my pillow.
"I hate silent treatments from Reese," I murmured.
I absolutely hate them...
That morning, my head was filled with nightmares.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese sobbed in the middle of the road over Josephine's body.
"Reese..." John's voice cracked. "Reese, Goddammit. We have to go."
"NO!" Reese cried. "I loved her! Oh, God... I loved her so much... She was my everything..! My life..."
John's eyes stung with tears.
It hurt him to see the love of his life cry.
It hurt him to hear Reese proclaim his love to his dead friend's soulless body.
It hurt him even more to see his friend's bloody body, her eyes still and wide.
"I know you did... And I'll make sure she gets buried. Just come with me!" John exclaimed. He picked up Josephine's body and carried her on his back, quickly grabbing Reese's hand and tugging him out of the now blazing base.
"We need to find the rest of the Resistance fighters," said John slowly.
"M-Maybe..." Reese sniffed, "They went to the S-Safe Sh-Shelter."
"Good thinkin', Reese," replied John.
John pulled Reese into the Safe Shelter where tens of Resistance fighters were. On the floor were about fifty or so bodies.
"Jesus Christ..." breathed John.
Reese moaned and cried, lacing his fingers with John's and reaching for Josephine's cold one...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story