Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thanks For The Memories.

ch1.Thanks For The Memories.

by secretive 1 review

Gerard and Pete fanfic. My Chemical Romance/ Fall Out Boy. Is love at first sight real? Neither Gerard or Pete know the answer to that but they definatley both feel the instant conection and when...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-04-26 - Updated: 2011-06-30 - 1096 words - Complete

2Original
C1 - (Gerards POV)
My eyes traced the length of the room. It was small compared to most event rooms I found myself in, alone. It might sound strange, but i like to come to places like this alone. I like to get away from my life sometimes, no matter how nice it may be. I have great friends, a brother who loves me and even my own house, but the one thing I want more than anything is to share my music. I want to see my name in bright lights, to hear my voice on the radio, to inspire people, but I wasn't sure where to start. That's why I came to these places, we all had the same dream.
My eyes flickered over to the quiet, empty stage as i sat patiently waiting for the next un-signed band to appear. Usually they wouldn't impress me, but it was nice to know that we shared the same feelings. That i wasn't the only one trying, and failing.
The Lights dimmed. My eyes didn't move from the stage, now lit by four single spotlights. Then, i saw him. The band's name was Fall Out Boy, but my eyes were fixed on the basist in particular. He had jet black hair swept over to one side and even though i was at the back of the room, i could see that he was wearing a layer of thick black eye makeup under his eyes. He was beautiful.
The lead singer of the band broke out into an upbeat song and the rest of the band played along. I was impressed to be honest, i quite liked their music. Although throughout the whole performance my eyes were fixed on the basist. He was wearing tight black jeans, a black shirt and a bright red tie. He stood out somehow.
The song really started to kick in and i found myself enjoying it a little too much. The music moved me, it made me feel happy in a way i hadn't felt in a long time. I smiled as the 'beautiful' basist made his presence known on stage. He jumped along with the beat for a while, which made me smile even more ... Wait, what am i doing? I don't even know this guy. He's probably straight!
I've known for a few years now that i'm bi, but honestly i usually prefer women, i haven't looked at a guy like this for a long time! I giggled at my own stupidity, but still decided to move to the bar so i didn't have to look at 'him' anymore.
A few songs later and i was really getting into Fall Out Boy. I'd never heard an un-signed band this good before... Ever! "This is our last song of the night!" I heard somebody say from the stage. I quietly sipped on an apple cider with my back to the stage, just letting myself enjoy the music whilst it lasted.

After what felt like no time at all, the band had finished playing. "Thankyou!" the lead singer shouted. The audience clapped. [Clapped!?] Honestly these guys deserved more than a clap. They were sensational! But there was nothing I could do about it, they were just more artists trying to make it big, just like everybody else.
I slumped down into my chair more and took another sip of my cider. "Umm... pint of lager?" i heard from behind me. The barman slowly started to fill a glass as a dark haired man almost fell down into the seat next to me. I glanced over... Oh holy crap! It was [him], the basist. The one i actually thought was beautiful. He was sat next to me. I cautiously stared at him from the corner of my eye.
..."Takes it's time getting served here, am i right?" He laughed. I paused, then realised he was talking to me.
"Yeah.. umm... i guess so... haha" I stuttered. What? I don't stutter, what am i doing?
Oh my god i'm awkward. I should really say something though... i mean, look at him!
"Ummm... you guys were really good..." I said quietly.
"Thanks!" He grinned. He seemed so confident. "I'm Pete by the way."
"Gerard"
"Ooooh, fancy!" he joked. I smiled back at him not quite knowing what to say.
He was looking at me, and by now i'd realised he has beautiful eyes too, a deep hazel-brown colour. Oh crap, was i staring?
"So do you come here alot?" He asked.
"No, not really, i kind of try and vary where i go to see music so it's always different. Why, do you play here alot?" I hoped he did, i'd come here more often for sure.
"First time actually, biggest venue we've done so far."
I looked around the small, dimly lit room. I'm not sure how he could have even called it a venue. I could tell already he was a dreamer.
"Yet?" I asked him, "do you have any other ... [venues] booked?".
"One more actually," he smiled, "Club Nero, you know that place with all the colours and bright lights."
I hated Club Nero. It was too bright, everybody was always stupidly drunk and it always smelled of fucking weed!
"I'm guessing that's not really your scene though..." He said, looking me up and down.
"w..w.what why?" I stammered. "Yeah, yeah Nero i go there all the time."
"Really!?" he seemed a little too shocked. "You look more of the sensible type to me babe."
[Babe!] he just called me babe... but he also said i looked sensible, which translates to boring. Oh great. Thanks Pete.
"No, me and my brother Mikey go there all the time actually." I replied, trying not to show a hint of emotion in my voice, mostly because i wasn't sure which emotion it would be.
"Cool..." He grinend, "Well if you and your brother are free saturday night you should watch us play again? We could get you backstage passes!"
"You know there isn't a backstage right...?" I told him.
"Ha! I was kiddin' you dude. Anyway i'd better be goin'. I'll see ya later, maybe..."
"Yeah of course, definatley, bye!" ... i probably sounded a little too enthusiastic with my goodbye, but there was something about Pete (besides the fact that he was absolutley gorgeous) that i liked, i just wasn't sure what it was. Oh well, hopefully i could find out on saturday.
That barman placed Pete's drink on the side. He was right, it did take it's time being served here.
Sign up to rate and review this story