Categories > Original > Romance > Unexpected

Chapter 5

by doyleangel 0 reviews

Katie has a question.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-04-27 - Updated: 2011-04-28 - 659 words

0Unrated


Chapter 5



/Jared's POV/



They walked in silence until they reached Katie's house. They walked up the steps to her porch and stood in front of the door while Katie got her keys out. She unlocked and opened the door, walked through, and motioned for Jared to follow. He stepped over the threshold and into her house. He stopped in the foyer and looked around while Katie walked into the kitchen, which was straight ahead. He saw the dining room to the left and the living room to the right. He wondered if he should wait around for awhile to make sure she was ok, or if he should leave now.



"So," he called out to her, "where are your parents?"



She emerged from the kitchen with two cans of soda, and handed one to Jared.



"Thanks" he said.



"Welcome. My parents are out of town, as usual. They're in Europe. I think."



"Europe? Wow, that's a ways away. Are your parents gone often?"



She kinda laughed when he asked that. "Yeah, they travel all the time. You would think that while I'm home for the summer they might actually want to stay here and spend time with me, but I guess I was wrong."



He could hear the sadness in her voice. She was trying to play it off like it was no bid deal, but he could see right through her. She lifted her head to look at him.



"Right now I really wish my mom was here though." She started to shake as the emotions and tears finally consumed her. When Jared saw Katie start to shake, he went over to her and, watching his arm, carefully pulled her into his embrace, and let her cry on his shoulder.





/Katie's POV/



Everything that had happened that night was finally catching up to her. She couldn't take it all anymore. It was all too overwhelming, and she didn't even have her mom. The only person she had was Jared, and she was glad. She needed someone to be there for her, and he was. She lifted her head off of his shoulder and out of his arms. She wiped her eyes and reached for her cherry coke.



"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break down on you."



She turned back around and saw that Jared had come up behind her. He looked down at her with a sincerity she had never seen from him before.



He smiled. "Katie, it's ok. You've had ahorrible night. You are entitled to have emotions. If you didn't have any Iwould think something was wrong with you."



She laughed at that. It felt good to laugh. After a couple seconds, she stopped laughing and they just stood in silence.



"Well, I should probably get going. It's getting late and you need to get some rest."



Jared turned to leave when Katie yelled "WAIT!"and grabbed his left arm in a panic.



"OOOWW, MAN!" he screamed and placed his right arm over the wound.



"Oh, Jared! I'm so sorry. I forgot about your arm. I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you ok?" She looked at him and saw that his eyes were closed and he was taking deep breaths.



When his breathing finally became more normal, he looked at her and forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it"



"I really am sorry Jared. Can I get you anything?"



"Really, I'm ok. However, you could tell me what made you grab my arm."



"I didn't want you to leave."



He gave her a funny look. "Why not?"



She looked down before looking back at him. And her voice was shaking when she answered him. "I don't want to be alone tonight. Will you stay with me?"





OOOO, cliffhanger...kind of. I felt bad about making you guys wait so long for a new chapter that I posted another one. Ihope you liked it, please subscribe, rate and review if you do!
Sign up to rate and review this story