Categories > Original > Romance > Simply Complex

Simply Complex

by quietliar 1 review

Hope you like it :)

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-04-30 - Updated: 2011-04-30 - 997 words

1Exciting
Its Saturday and all I'm doing is sitting on my bed staring up at my ceiling fan. The spinning makes me feel calm. My mother and I just had another fight. I never really get why we fight other than her complete inability to fight back when my dad hits her. I don't she why she won't leave him. I would leave this horrid place but I couldn't leave her to face him on her own. That's why I don't go out anymore. Someone needs to save her dumb ass from that fuck face of a husband she has.

I almost think its okay to fall asleep when I hear something break downstairs. Here we go again. I hop up out of bed and run down to see what's going on. I'm horrified by what I see. My dad is standing over my mom with a bloody knife. I hear her sobs of pain then she just stops. Then knife is burried deep in her chest. She's gone. Like the permenent kind of gone. I scream and dad looks over to me with his bloodshot eyes. Those damn fucking eyes.

He smiles. "Sweety what are you doin here," he slurrs, grabbing the knife. He charges at me. I run on instinct. No way am I gunna die tonight. Not by him. Not this piece of shit. I bolt out the door and run for my life. I'm not really sure where I'm going I just know its not here. As far as I can get. I won't let him ruin me too.

Luckily I hadn't changed since school so my phone, ipod and 30 bucks were still in my pocket. I might go crazy if I didn't have them. My legs start to wobble and I figure there is no way he followed me this far. I sit down on a bench. I look around and see that I'm in a park. Its big and beautiful. I've never seen some place as wounderful as this. I sit there for a moment and take out my phone and call the police. I tell them what happened and hang up. No way would he get away with it this time. He just couldn't.

After awhile I slowly drift off to sleep. But when I wake up I'm in a strange room. Its even bigger than my house. The room is covered in flowers. Roses of every color. Even colors that aren't supposed to grow naturally. They captivate my attention until I notice a snoring sound coming from the corner.

When I look to see what it is I am surprised to see someone about my age. But he is so perfect. Escpecially surrounded by roses. The most flawless man I have ever laid eyes on. He is slumped in a chair but I can tell that he is tall. At least 6 foot. He has tanned skin that looks as though he never leaves the sun. Smooth skin and a peaceful look when he sleeps. I'm tempted to stare but I know I have to get out of there. A weed has no place in a bed of roses.

I quietly slide out of bed. There is a desk across the room so I slip over to it to write a thank you note. I couldn't leave without at least saying thanks for taking me in for the night. I write the note as quickly and quietly as I can and slink out of the room.

I get halfway down the hall when a voice comes from behind me. "Why you in such a hurry to get outa here," a beautiful, sultry voice asks in my ear. I turn my head to see the beautiful guy from before standing with his cheek right on mine. His eyes staring staight into mine and it terrifies me. "The boss wants to see ya before you go running off anywhere doll face."

He moves to show me where to go. When I don't try to follow he comes and grabs me around my waist and hauls me like a sack of potatoes. I have never been carried this way and I don't think I like it very much. Soon we stop infront of a giant door where three guys stood.

"Hey Alex," the tall blonde with big blue eyes said. "That the girl ya found in the private garden out back?" The guy holding me, Alex I guess, nods. All the guys bust into laughter.

"Wounder what the boss is gunna to to this one," says the guy to the right of the blonde. "Bet he ain't gunna be to nice seeing as how she ain't got her a pretty face. Let's start the betting at a broken arm and nose for $50. Bet you'll take that bet huh Daniel?" The blonde laughs and shakes his head.

"1000 says she comes out without being hurt at all," the blonde, Daniel, says.

The others all scoff at this, even Alex. Knowing that at least one of them thinks I'll be fine makes me feel better but this bet makes me real uneasy. Especially when the large door opens and a very beat up guy is throughn out. I want to cry when the very large, muscley, and extremely scarey guy says "next" and Alex walks in with me still under his arm.

I about have a panic attack when the large guy takes me from Alex and motions for him to leave. To my surprise though the large man smiles and buts me gently down on the coach. "Boss will be here in a moment," he says kindly, and leaves.

I think of running but they are probably waiting to stop me if I do. So I sit and I wait for the boss to come. It doesn't take long before I come face-to-face ith he boss and my spirits lift. The king of the house of roses is my favorite person ever. My awesome, Uncle Justin!
Sign up to rate and review this story