Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Now Press Repeat

Chapter 2

by Theoneonandonly 7 reviews

Gerard's day just keeps on getting better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-05-05 - Updated: 2011-05-05 - 1201 words - Complete

5Original
Gerard's POV.

I woke up to the not-so wonderful sounds of my overly cheerful mom screaming at me to "Wake the fuck up and get ready for school!".
I furiously rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up, my black duvet falling back down on the bed under me. I miss the days when Mikey used to wake me up. He was so gentle, no screaming, no shouting. Just a slight nudge here or there accompanied by the ever present, "Morning Gee" and a warm smile. I wonder why he stopped? Oh yeah, I 'broke his best friend's heart'. He stopped talking to me after the truth was outed. So did Ray. It's been like 2 years now. Fuck.

Why do they even care if I was dared to make him fall in love with me and then dump him? It's not like anyone would love a freak like that. He disgusts me.
His scrawny body, life-less black hair and gorgeous hazel eyes make me sick. I only went along with the dare as the forefit would have gotten me expelled from school faster than that emo bitch could cut himself.

I would never admit it to anyone, much less to myself, but I kind of miss him. His laugh would brighten up my day, and there was never a shortage of things to talk about. I actually liked it when he kissed me, but it scared the shit out of me when I found myself kissing him back.

Good things aside, I was ecstatic when he suddenly stopped coming to school. I was even happier when Mikey accused me of making him move to New York. No more emo freak to be assosciated with. I could go back to my 'popular' lifestyle, and it welcomed me back with open arms. I was treated like a king for a month, the whole school had heard about the dare and was impressed by my acting skills.

So back to the present. It's 8am, and I have 30 minutes to get ready and go to school. Great. I picked up my discarded black skinny jeans, a pair of boxers, socks and a Green Day t-shirt and brought them with me to the bathroom. I undressed from my grey pyjamas and slid into the shower. The hot water was invigorating at this time in the morning. I shampooed my newly dyed black hair and washed the rest of my body. I smelled like a fucking meadow.

I got out of the shower, dried myself off and threw on the clothes I had prepared earlier. I walked over to the sink, picked up my toothbrush, and began doing what was intended... I brushed my teeth. After that, I grabbed my stick of black eyeliner and smuged it around my crazy green eyes. 'No-one can resist this', I thought to myself.

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen, where I was welcomed by a cup of coffee, a mom in a rush, and a happy looking Mikey. I grinned. He hasn't looked that happy in years, something huge must've happened, not that he's gonna tell me about it.

"Morning mom, morning Mikes. Why are you looking so happy all of a sudden?" I inquired, as I sat down beside my coffee and began sipping it.

His loosely straightened brown hair flopped around his face, and his round glasses slid down his nose a bit. His face fell and he looked down at his plate.

"It's not gonna last. You'll see, and once again you'll take my happiness away, won't you? Some brother you are." He scoffed and stood from the table. He was dressed in similar clothes to mine, only with a Dead Kennedys t-shirt on.

"Bye mom, I'm going to school. I'll see if he wants me to walk him there, love ya!'. He tied the laces of his red Converses, kissed my mother's cheek and made his way to the front door.

"Bye hon, I know it's hard for him to be here again, so take it easy, love ya too Mikey!" She shouted after him.

I'm definitely missing something here, I scrunched up my nose and looked over to my mother. "What are you guys talking about?".

My mom tensed. She looked frustrated all of a sudden.

"None of your buisness young man, now if you ruin it again, the punishment will be severe, understand me?" She scowled at me and pushed a bit of her blond hair behind her ear.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I said in my defence. Exsasperated, she threw her hands in the air and calmed down. "Never mind." Wow, mood swing much?

I finished my coffee quickly, fearing another outburst from my PMS-ing mother, grabbed my stuff and began making my way to school.

It's the first time in 2 months that I'm not late to school. It's probably a sign from the heavens. Or not. As I was walking to school, I spotted my best friend Craig, who stood by the main gate.

"Hey Craig!" I shouted and ran towards him. Before he had the chance to turn around, I jumped on his back and tackled him to the floor. Craig was medium build, had short blond hair, and tattoos all over his body that kinda reminded me of the past. "Hey Gee." He mumbled under me, my weight was obviously too much for him so I stood up and dusted myself off.

Craig was also on his feet, with a smirk plastered on his face. "What?" I asked curiously. "We got a new kid in today. Heard he's a freak. I like beating up some freaks." He cackled and wrung his hands together. He reminded me of Mr. Burns, only without the "Excellent".

"Cool," I said simply and walked to my form class. I entered the room right before the bell and sat down at my usual seat in the back.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence so early in the school day, Mr. Way", Ms. Renota remarked, her gray hair was packed in a tight bun and gave the impression that she belongs in a retirement home, not teaching Geography in a fucking school. I smirked but said nothing. I grabbed my sketch pad from my bag and began doodling and waiting for the next bell to ring.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I didn't bother to look up as I was wrapped up in my own little world. I could hear the headteacher's raspy voice from the back of the room. "This is the new student, Ms. Renota, make him feel welcome."

I could hear some shuffling feet and the door close. "Ah, Mr. Iero, welcome to Jefferson High School. I assume that you are familiar with the school as you attended it before. No why don't you take a seat over there by Mr. Way'.

I was awakened from my daydream at the mention of my name. I looked up and saw none other that Frank fucking Iero standing next to Ms. Renota looking petrified. He was staring at me with wide eyes.

I chuckled darkly. This day just keeps getting better.
Sign up to rate and review this story