Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Disenchanted

Chapter 2

by chemicalfreakk 1 review

Emily's friends decide to dog her because of her choice to talk to Mikey. I don't know, sorry I'm bad at summary's. (:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-06 - Updated: 2011-05-06 - 1761 words

0Unrated
I absolutely loathed maths. Mainly because, well, I had no friends in this class, and on top of that, I sucked at it even more than I sucked at chemistry - which was a lot. I gave up at the exercises half way through, put my headphones in and rested my head against the desk. Luckily we had a slack teacher, so he wouldn’t mind.

Lunch time came sooner that I had thought it would, ‘I must remember to do that more often’, I thought to myself. I put my books in my backpack and walked towards the classroom door as I wrapped my earphones around my iPod. Just as I got into the corridor I was stopped by my two ‘best friends’, Jessica and Teresa.

“Why were you walking around with that pathetic new kid at recces?” said Jessica, impatiently.
“Yeah. Replaced us, have you? You’re in love with him, admit it. You want to marry him.” Teresa mocked bitterly. I didn’t see why they had to be like this every time I talked to anyone other than them. I don’t even know why they would even want to be my friend, and I don’t even know why the fuck I call them my best friends at all – all they do is pick on me, make me angry and bitch about just about everyone who has ever existed, including me, even when I’m sitting right next to them. It only takes one day with them to realise just how fake and bitchy they really are, and it actually embarrasses me to even be associated with such people, we’re so different that it’s not even funny.

“I was with him because I was asked to show him around the school, no I haven’t replaced you, and no I’m not in love with him. I barely even know him.” I replied, starting to get angry. I really didn’t care if I got into a fight with them right here and now, any excuse to refrain from talking to them would be good enough.

“Wow, Em. No need to get snappy about it. Are you on your period or something?” laughed Teresa.
“No, for your information, I’m not. Even if I was, it’s none of your business anyway!” I snapped.

“So you are! Knew it!” exclaimed Teresa. “But seriously,” She continued, “If you’re gunna become friends with that freak, then we’ll have to un-friend you. And I don’t just mean on Facebook.”
Well that was harsh.

“What if I don’t wanna? What if I don’t really give a shit about what you think of me? And don’t call him a freak, you don’t even know him!” I spat. I could feel my face reddening, so I began to turn around and walk away before I really exploded.

“Yeah, you walk off! Go cry into that freak’s arms, you bitch!” They called after me.
I decided that I wasn’t going to go to humanities, seeing as Teresa was in that class and I really couldn’t deal with her childish remarks for more than two minutes. So I walked off towards the bus stop near the side of the school. I sat down on the cold, metal seat and pulled out my iPod again and begun unwrapping the earphones. At least there was no one in sight; there weren’t even as many cars as there usually were. I put the earphones in my ears and let the sound and the rhythm of the bass flow within. I listened to the words, and the pain behind them. I let it all take me away.

Suddenly, the sound of the bell that ended the school day interrupted my music, and brought me back to the real world. I started to see students filing out of their classrooms in a hurry to get home and get away from school. There must have been at least a hundred people coming towards the gate next to where I was sitting already; you don’t really take notice of how big the crowd is until you see it from this angle, it was huge. I suddenly realised that there was no point in sitting at the bust stop, at all, and I didn’t even know why I didn’t just go straight home in the first place, so I began my long walk home.

As soon as I got home (a good twenty minutes later) I changed out of my school uniform and got dressed into some normal clothes. Well, they were normal to me at least - skin tight black denims, long stripy red & grey bed socks, my favourite Green Day tee and an extremely oversized and unnecessary red hoodie. (Red is my favourite colour).
It was oddly hot out for Winter, but I didn’t give a fuck.

I went downstairs and turned on the air-con, returned to my room and locked out the rest of the world, even though no one else was home. I quite liked my room, well, attic actually. Well it doesn’t even look like an attic – it has stairs, a door and a window – the only thing that gave it away was the roof.

I just sat there for a little bit, just doing nothing except letting my mind wonder. I thought of many things; this morning, the fight I had with Jessica and Teresa, showing Mikey around the school, the holidays and how anti-social I became, food. Hmm, food. I hadn’t eaten anything since I had that muesli bar on the way to school.

I decided to go down to the kitchen and make my favourite cheese samich, then return to my room again. After scoffing down the sandwich I opened up my laptop to check Facebook and Formspring. No new questions on Formspring. Good, no hate today. Facebook, Inbox (1). I wondered to myself what this could be about? I never got inboxes, like, ever. I opened it up, and it was Teresa. Fuck.

“ya better watch ya step lol ya have no idea what I have planed for yu if ya dont”

Goddamn, she even irritates me when she’s typing. So I replied:

“Can’t wait. P.s, Learn to spell. x”

Ha, that ought to shut her up for a bit, I thought to myself. I then heard Mum’s car pulling up in the driveway, so I quickly shut down my computer and hid it, or it would get confiscated. Not much happened over the duration of the next four hours, but as the day came to a close I went to sleep with one thing on my mind – school the next day.

~~~

I got to school somewhat earlier than I did the previous day, but I was only just in time, so I hurried off to my first class which was science, again. Mikey and I arrived at the same time, and we sat down together in the back row again (after exchanging a sort of awkward smile and a hand gesture towards him inviting him to sit). Not long afterwards, Jessica and Teresa came through the door and gave me a look dirtier than the boys’ toilets, which Mikey also happened to have seen.

“What was all that about?” he asked, and for the first time I looked into his eyes and noticed just how beautiful they were. They were a brown, almost hazel colour, and they really shone in the morning light that was reflecting off his face. Wow. Mikey was actually kind of attractive once I thought about it.

“Oh, uhh. We were friends, but now we’re not… Since yesterday actually.” I eventually blurted out.

“Oh. Sorry about that.” He replied, not seeming to notice the fact that I had looked down at the table to try and hide my blushing. Good thing I had worn makeup today, and I was hoping that it covered it up a little.

“Don’t be, they were just, uh, poison friends anyway, I guess.” I stuttered. He just nodded and started on the work the teacher had set us without a reply. Oh god. I hope I hadn’t weirded him out. What did I just say? Why was I suddenly so self-conscious about simply talking to him? Damn, I really wish I hadn’t seen him in that light and his eyes and just everyth- okay stop it. This is just all in your mind; he just wanted to get his work done. That’s all there is to it, now do the work.

My sudden move made Mikey flinch a little; I must have been sitting really still. The lesson continued to be just as boring at the last, and we just copied down more notes from the board.

Class ended, and as I was packing up my books Mikey asked if I wanted to come to the library with him at recces.

“… So, uh, do you?” he repeated after I just sort of stared at him for a bit,
“Yeah, sure!” I replied.

We walked in silence towards the library, until it was finally broken.

“So, what do you like reading?” I asked. Idiot. That was such a dumb question, dammit.

“Uh, everything really. But mainly comics of any sort, or sci-fi novels.” replied Mikey.

“Oh, so like Star Wars and stuff?”

“Yeah, I love Star Wars!”

“Ha, well believe it or not, I’ve never read the books or the comics or even seen any of the movies…” I replied hesitantly.

“You what?” he asked, seemingly stunned.

“Yeah, I know.”

“Well,” he began, “are you doing anything on the weekend? Because maybe you could, like I don’t know, come over for a bit and we could watch the first movie? If you want to, that is.” Holy fucking shit. Did Mikey just invite me over to his house? Yes! Say yes!

“Yes, That- uh- sounds like a plan!” I replied, trying to hide my excitement, but failing miserably.

“Cool,” He said, blushing a little. I wonder if he was new to all of this? Just then, he reached into his pocket and retrieved a little square of white paper and a pen, and started to scribble something on it.

“Here’s my phone number,” he explained, handing me the paper, “Just text me whenever, yeah?
“Okay, thanks.” I said, smiling. I put the piece of paper in my pocket and we proceeded into the library.
Sign up to rate and review this story