Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Disenchanted

Chapter 3

by chemicalfreakk 2 reviews

Mikey has invited Emily over to watch Star Wars together.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-18 - Updated: 2011-05-18 - 1495 words

0Unrated
I just sat there, in my little attic of a room staring at the little white square of paper that had Mikey’s number scrawled onto it in black pen. It was getting kind of late, and I wanted to text him, it’s just that I didn’t know what to say. I opened up my phone and started a blank text. After a minute or so, I began to write:

‘Hey Mikey, It’s Emily.. Are we right for the weekend? :)’

That didn’t sound right, I was being too pushy. I erased the message and started again.

‘Hey, it’s Emily (:’

That was a little better. After a moment more of staring blankly into the screen of my Hiptop, I decided to add a ‘Hope I didn’t wake you. x’ onto the end. I entered his number and pressed send. Let the hyperventilating begin. I decided to make myself a cup of tea while I waited for his reply to get my mind off things, but before I could even walk out the door, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I opened up the message, it was Mikey.

‘Hey! Nahr, you didn’t wake me it’s all good. :] haha, how are you?’


Um, wow. He was really fast at replying. I opened up another blank message screen and shot him a reply.

~~~

I woke up on Saturday morning (earlier than I would have any other weekend) and headed straight for the shower. When I got out, I checked my phone only to find that I had an unread message. I opened it up as quick as I could, thumbing the buttons like a maniac. It was from Mikey.

‘Hey, we still on for today? :)’

‘Yeah, I’ll be over in about an hour. :D’ I replied.

Not long after that, I received another message. Just as I had expected, it was Mikey.

‘See you soon then x’

He gave me an ‘x’. He gave me a freaking ‘x’. I freaked out a little like a spastic and quickly dried myself off, throwing on whatever decent clothes I could find and wrapping the towel around my hair so it would dry quicker, as I had not yet gathered the motivation to save up for a hair dryer. I decided that I was going to wear my black skinnies, Doc Martins, a red and grey striped long sleeved top and a greyish coat with a beanie and fingerless gloves- it was cold outside today. I skipped to the kitchen so I could make myself a coffee for breakfast. Lucky no-one was home, or they’d know something was up.

After my hair had dried, I brushed it through with my fingers. It was all wavy, and it looked nice, so I didn’t bother straightening it. I hurried through putting on my makeup – and lucky I don’t wear much or it would have looked dodgy – and flung down the stairs and into the kitchen.
I decided that I’d have to leave a note for Mum so she would know I was safe and when I was coming home.

‘I’m going now, be back about 5pm. Call me if you need me, Emily.’ I wrote on a coloured piece of paper and left it on the kitchen table.

I quickly ran to bathroom to check my reflection, then rushed out the door and towards Mikey’s house.

It turned out that Mikey lived only a couple of blocks away from me, so we’d been walking to and from school together the last couple of days. I was halfway there and the nerves started to kick in. What if he decided to go back to sleep? What if his parents are mean? What if Star Wars has a scratch on it and the day was just boring? I contemplated turning around and going home a few times in my mind, but my legs wouldn’t let me. I kept walking, and after a minute or two, I was at the front gate to his house.

I’d never actually been inside his house before or met any of his family because he usually waited for me out on the steps at his front door.

I walked up those steps for the first time, and gave three knocks on the pine door. Mikey opened the door and greeted me with a smile. He then gestured me to come inside.

The inside of Mikey’s house was dark and cosy, with little light entering the premises. It was rather warm compared to the chilling breeze outside, so I took off my jacket, which Mikey hung over the back of a chair. I took my muddy shoes off- I didn’t want to dirty up the place. My white socks were just a little too bright against my dark clothing, but none the less, they were comfy.

“So… should we get started on this movie?” Asked Mikey, breaking the silence.

“Sure thing!” I replied, maybe a little too enthusiastically.

Mikey just smirked at me. I guess I had said that a little too enthusiastically.

“My room’s this way.” He said, leading me down a narrow hallway and into a room to the left. It was quite large for a bedroom, and most of the walls were covered in band posters. The Misfits, Green Day, The Smiths, Iron Maiden, Bring Me The Horizon, Metalica, he had everything. As my eyes traced around the walls, they stopped when they found his CD collection in one of the corners, next to a pretty massive speaker system, some amps and two bass guitars.

“You play bass?” I blurted out.

“Yeah,” He said. “I have for a few years now. Do you play anything?”

“I’ve played a few things, but I don’t think I’ve really found the right instrument for me, so I’ve never continued any instrument for more than a semester.”

“One day you’ll find it,” He said, with a smile on his face. “Hey, I’ll be back. I’m just gonna go get something else to sit on out of my brother’s room.”

“Kay.”

I sat on the queen-sized bed and waited there awkwardly for Mikey to return. After a moment, I heard a noise, and then Mikey came back into the room holding a large bean bag cushion and what looked to be the first Star Wars movie. He then pulled a second bean bag out from under his bed where I was sitting and placed them both in front of his wall-mounted flat screen television.
“Take a seat!” he said, smiling and gesturing to both cushions lying together on the floor, against the end of his bed.

I smiled back awkwardly and took a seat on the furthest cushion away from the door, which was really quite comfortable. Mikey then turned on both the TV and DVD player, put the disk in and pressed play. He turned around and walked over to the spare cushion next to me, and collapsed into it.

~~~

When the movie ended and the credits began to roll, Mikey jumped up and carefully removed the disk from the player, and returned it to it’s case.

“So, did you like it?” he asked.

“Yeah, I did actually! It was a little confusing though, but I think I managed to get the jist.” I replied.

“Awesome! We’ll have to watch the other movies some time too,” He said, enthusiastically.

I checked the time, shit it was past five o’clock! I quickly snapped up my phone, no new messages or missed calls from Mum, thank god.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking a little bit worried.

“Oh, nothing. It’s just that I told Mum I’d be back by five, and it’s ten past.” I said quickly.
“Oh, I can walk you home if you want” he suggested.

“Thanks, but I think I better run if I don’t want to get flogged.” I scrambled to my feet and put my phone in my pocket.

“Okay then, I’ll get your stuff.” Mikey smiled, and rushed out of the room, returning with my coat and shoes. I quickly slipped on my shoes and coat, as he walked me out the front door and to the gate of his front fence.

“Thank you for today, I had fun.” I rushed out the words a little too fast, and hoped he could understand what I just said.

“So did I, thanks for coming!” he replied.

“Well, I better get running… Goodbye!” I yelled back as I began to run home as fast as my legs would carry me.

~~~

I opened the front door in a quick scramble, probably making more noise than I could have. As I walked rounded the corner into the kitchen, I saw Mum – with one of the most furious expressions I had ever seen on her.
Sign up to rate and review this story