Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Worst of both worlds

Jobs for Gee and Frankie

by adrenaline_bomb 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-09 - Updated: 2011-05-09 - 2208 words - Complete

1Funny
“Can we go shopping today? We all need some stuff and Mikey didn’t get to go yesterday because he was out with Alicia?” Bob asked, I groaned and let go of Frankie but gave a grin anyway.
“Sure, I’m driving though.” I said and Ray gulped dramatically.
“Heaven help us.” Ray begged, dramatically clutching onto Bob.
“Hey, my driving isn’t that bad.” I protested, pouting slightly.
“You drive like our Grandma.” Mikey pointed out and Frank laughed.
“That slow? Believe me, he doesn’t, I thought he was a secret formula one driver yesterday!” He giggled and Mikey looked at him with raised eyebrows and a stern expression.
“Our Grandma is an ex formula one driver and currently runs courses for trainee formula one drivers.” He said and Franks laugh stopped dead and his face dropped in amazement.
“Seriously?” He gasped and Mikey, me, Bob, Ray and Mom all nodded. “Wow.”
“Yup, she’s like evil Kin-evil.” Ray said, smiling and Bob hit him round the back of the head.
“You thick stick, evil Kin-evil was a bike stunt artist.” Bob pointed out.
“Oh yeah.” Ray giggled and Bob rolled his eyes.
“Anyway, if you have all quite finished with the comedy act, we’re going in the bug so come on.” I said, getting out of my seat and grabbing my car keys, running to the garage and yanking the door open, revealing a slightly battered black VW beetle. Awesome. I smiled and slid into the front seat, twisting the key in the ignition and firing up the car, pulling out onto the driveway.
“How many cars do you have?” Frankie asked as he slid into the passenger seat.
“This one’s for Summer, the van’s just a run around.” I explained as Mikey, Bob and Ray crammed into the worn black leather back seats.
“Where’s the seat belt?” Frankie asked as I pulled out of the drive way.
“These things are so old they don’t have seat belts.” I said and Frank squealed, gripping his seat with both hands as I rounded the corner at the top of our road on two wheels.
“Why do you think we openly let you sit in the front?” Mikey asked and Frank shrugged.
“To let me sit by my boyfriend?” He asked and the three guys in the back snorted.
“You wish Iero.” Bob said, whacking him playfully round the back of the head with his free hand- the hand which wasn’t gripping onto Ray for dear life.
“Hmm, what do you need to buy Mikey?” I asked, slamming down on the break at a stop sign and jolting everyone forward, causing Frank to head but the dash board.
“Ouch, Gee!” He whined, rubbing his forehead and frowning at me, “That really hurt.”
“Sorry Frankie.” I said sweetly, “Anyway, what is it you need?”
“Just a new pair of jeans and some T-shirts.” Mikey replied, his voice becoming more high pitched with fear as I launch down the road once again.
“Okay, anybody else need anything?” I questioned, concentrating on the twists in the road.
“Nope!” Bob said, happy as I pulled off a perfect handbrake turn and landed the car in a parking space. I have a feeling that he was happy that the drive was over, not at my perfectly executed tyre smoking hand brake turn. I jumped out of the car, waiting for the others to pile their lazy butts out before I locked the door.
“Hmm, the basement, me thinks!” Frank proclaimed, pulling a funny face and pointing towards the door to the mall as we walked towards it.
“Yup, I think I’ll try and get a job in that comic store down there, there was a sign for two vacancies anyway and I need some money.” I said, hoping that I’d be able to have the job as the people who go in there are ‘Goths’ like me and apparently they pay quite well.
“Hmm, I think I need to think about a job too.” Frank pondered and he grinned wickedly at me.
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” He asked me and I grinned back.
“If your thinking about tomato sauce sandwiches then yes.” I joked and he pouted, “I am thinking what you’re thinking and why the hell not?” I said and he nodded quickly.
“Do you three have jobs?” Frank asked and they all nodded.
“Guitar teacher.” Ray said.
“Sound tech man. I did Motorhead.” Bob said and Frank let loose a small ‘wow’.
“Yeah, Bob’s the oldest out of all of us, he’s two years older than me but kept flunking so he could graduate with Mikey, who’s five years younger than him.” I informed Frank and he grinned.
“So you were in the business as well as in the Belleville uniform. Nice work, man.” Frank complimented and Bob smirked.
“Flunking years on purpose at Belleville is now known as ‘pulling a Bryar.’.” He told Frank and actually, that’s very true. Even the teachers use that phrase now!
“What about you Mikes? You don’t have a job, do you?” Frank asked and Mikey shrugged.
“Not really, no. Mom gives me most of the money I need for when we’re at college.” He said and Frank nodded.
“Thought as much.” Frank said, “Gee?” He asked sweetly.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“Can I hold your hand or are public displays of affection not allowed?” He asked quietly and I could tell he wasn’t being sarcastic, his eyes give away a lot about him and I could see he just wanted me to feel comfortable.
“Of course you can, silly. You don’t need to ask.” I told him, blushing a little at the sweet sentiment as he beamed up at me like a child on Christmas morning. I slipped my hand in his and laced our fingers together, kissing him on the cheek and making him blush.
“Guys, you are very sweet and all, but we came here to shop. Save that for later.” Bob said, smirking as me and Frank blushed and began walking again, our hands swinging in between us as we made our way into the hot and busy shopping centre, beginning our walk down to the back where the stairs down to the basement are.

“Okay, me and Frank will meet you in Soho’s in a minute.” I told the guys as I walked with Frank to the comic store and pushed open the glass door, covered in advertisements and front covers of previous issues of many comics and greeted by the musty smell of old comics and the slightly plastic scent of the new ones. I saw a sign that said ‘two vacancies’ hanging on the counter as we approached it.
“Hey, about the vacancies-?” I started but was cut off by a hopeful looking girl with a neon pink pixie cut and black snake bites who had red eyeliner and shadow smudged in an expertly smoky style around her lids.
“Five pound an hour, nine till two on weekdays and weekends off. Both of you?” She asked and I nodded, slightly taken aback by her keenness on hiring us.
“Err, yeah.” I said and she beamed.
“Names?” She asked.
“Frank Iero,” Frank said, pointing at himself, “And Gerard Way.” He said and she looked up from the form she was scribbling on.
“Gerard?” She asked, looking at my chest which was accentuated by the tight shirt.
“Hermaphrodite.” I muttered.
“That’s not nice!” She protested and I rolled my eyes, giggling slightly.
“No. I’m a hermaphrodite.” I explained and her expression softened into something of sympathy.
“Pity me and you die.” I explained.
“Fair play, I’m Lisa and you two start Monday.” She said.
“Hell yeah!” Frank said, kissing me excitedly and grinning as we walked out of the store.
“Why are you so happy?” I asked him and he shrugged.
“My first proper job and it’s with you.” He said, his cheeks tinged a slight pink at the sweet sentiment.

“Gee, what do you think of these jeans?” Mikey asked as I walked in Soho’s with my arm around Frank to find my brother wearing bright pink skinny jeans that had a black skeleton hand on one side of the butt.
“Um, aren’t they chicks jeans?” I asked and Mikey nodded.
“If my brother can wear them so can I.” He said and I shook my head, chuckling at my younger sibling.
“Mikes, I could get away with wearing them, but I never ever would.” I said and Frankie giggled his cute giggle with the hiccup type thing in it. For someone with such a deep voice his laugh is insanely girly, I mean, it’s not even a laugh, it’s a giggle.
“Fine then… anyway I think I’d look good in drag.” Mikey said, smirking and I shook my head, chuckling darkly about to seriously embarrass my little brother.
“Yeah, when he was six he used to dress in Mom’s clothes and run around the house singing ‘Girls just wanna have fun’ at the top of his lungs.” I said, laughing hysterically when Mikey flushed a deep red with his mouth hanging agape.
“Aw, cute!” Frank exclaimed, still laughing insanely, “Don’t worry Mikes, I love Cindy Lauper.” Frank commented, and my brother just blushed further as Frank’s laugh’s escalated.
“Guys! What the hell are you laughing at?!” Chris asked as she walked out from behind a rack of clothes, saw Mikey in the pink jeans and then burst out laughing herself, completely doubling over as she clutched her sides, going a slight pink in the face as she neared hysteria. She was…creasing, to say the least.
“Fine! I’ll take them off then!” Mikey huffed, throwing his arms in the air as he stropped off to Strop-land into the changing rooms.
“Aw, Mikes has got in his huff-mobile.” Ray said as Chris wiped the tears of laughter from her pale face and kissed Ray, hugging his side as he slung his arms round her shoulders. Frankie sighed and rested his head on my shoulder and I could tell he was smiling. Sweet scents of honey wafted up from Frank’s head to caress my nostrils and I realised it was his shampoo before kissing his head gently and wrapping both my arms round him as he slid in front of me and I let my arms slide down to wrap round his skinny yet muscular waist as he wrapped his hands over my own, leaning back into my touch.
“Hm.” He hummed, seemingly contented as we swayed slightly from side to side, wrapped in our own little world of happiness before Bob cleared his throat, causing our eyes to snap open and our heads to lift up to face them.
“Are you and Frankie together now?” Chris asked and I nodded along with Frank, humming our content together as I squeezed his waist slightly, never wanting to let go of him.
“Aw, that’s so sweet.” She said, smiling warmly and acceptingly at the two of us.
“Hey, anyone want to go to Dannie’s Diner?” Ray suggested and I bit my lip, not sure. The food there is quite rich and fatty and-
“Gee, you need to eat.” Mikey said and I sighed, nodding slightly in defeat. I knew he’d noticed that I only ate a little less than half of the pancakes I had this morning.
“Come on then, you wait outside and I’ll lock up.” Chris said, her shoulder length and perfectly straightened neon pink hair swishing like a shampoo advert as she turned to grab the keys, turning back around and ushering us out; shooing us like cats in a kitchen.
“Where’s Dannie’s?” Frankie asked, sliding out of my grip to hold my hand so we could walk properly together.
“By the cinema and Costa coffee.” I informed him and he smirked.
“I bet you know the place and opening times of every coffee in Belleville.” He stated and I smirked back.
“It’s not hard, there’s only four, and three of those are Starbucks which all have the same opening times, apart from the one by Papa’s Pizza which is a 24 hour one because it’s by the high way.” I pointed out and he giggled.
“Fair play, I’m just a gig guide nerd.” He admitted.
“So’s Mikey actually. He’s worse than the both of us, he’s a geek for both!” I said and Mikey looked round at me.
“Who’s a nerd? I’m not a nerd, I heard my name. What are you two talking about?” He asked and I shook my head, making him shrug and turn back round, continuing to walk as Chris caught up with us just before we neared the staircase.




Hmm, this is just a filler but the twist is coming up...not much of a twist really, more of another bump in the road if you get my drift ;D
please R&R like the awesome Frerardtards you are
Jackie
xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story