Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Die Young, Send Me Roses And Bring Me Back. I'm Not Done Yet.

Chapter 2

by Chemical_Killjoy13 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-09 - Updated: 2011-05-10 - 1868 words

0Unrated
It took me awhile to kinda go into the whole death phase. No, you don't see a bunch of pretty bright lights with a beckoning voice telling you to come into the kingdom of god. You wake up in a forest. Yes. A forest. The kind you see in creepy horror movies with the fog and darkness and all of that crap. To tell you the truth, it was pretty damn creepy. I mean SERIOUSLY weird. Plus, I still wasn't really fully accepting the fact that I was dead. Then out of nowhere, I see a man sitting on a rock in front of me, calmly lighting up a cigarette. Really? Lighting up a cigarette? Who the hell does that in front of someone who just got shot by their best friend? Well. He does. He was very interesting kinda guy and looked more like a clean shaven, punk rock jesus. He was tall and young looking with pitch black hair that covered his face, dressed in a tight black leather jacket with a black shirt that had an awesome Harley Davidson skull on it and was wearing black skinny jeans with a studded belt. Did I mention he had converse on? This guy looked more of some punk goth kid I see around town. He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow with a bemused look. "You done sizing me up? Cause I don't have all day. You're dead and you know it. Time for you to come with me." I glared at him for a second, wondering if this was some kind of joke. "Who the hell are you?" He sighed and shook his head, giving me another bemused look. "You really gonna ask me that question? Who the hell do you think I am?" I just stared at him. He can't be who I think he is. No fricken way. The man's look turned into one that looked more like pissed off expression. "Believe it. I'm Death."
My eyes turned to saucers as my jaw dropped. Him? Death? You gotta get kidding me. He stood up and walked over to me with the cigarette in his hand. "I am Death. You are dead. Simple as that. Now can we get a move on here? I have 4 other murders and 2 heart attack victims to deal with." He said in a quite annoyed tone. See, he was done with me but I certainly wasn't done with him. "You're death? I thought the Grim Reaper was supposed to come for me." He shot me a glare and made an expression that looked like he was about punch me. Hard. "I AM the Grim Reaper! That's my name. Grim Reaper C." I raised my eyebrow. What does the C. stand for? And where's his scythe? Isn't Jesus supposed to come to? "Well then. What about Jesus? Isn't he supposed to save my soul and all that?" He laughed and shook his head. "Kid, are you Christian?" I shook my head. "Then no. My little brother ain't coming to get you any time soon. Even then, he doesn't really come for people I do all the dirty work." My jaw dropped again. "LITTLE BROTHER?! SO YOU'RE GRIM REAPER CHRIST?! WHAT THE HELL IS ALL OF THIS?!" I yelled at him. This was getting weirder and weirder. He sighed and facepalmed himself. "It's a long story." I gave him a relaxed look and shrugged. "I got time. I'm dead aren't I? And you can't do a thing without me moving on so I think I can listen to the tale." Grim glared at me and then sighed, knowing he was defeated. "Fine. But after this, you're coming with me."
Grim and I sat down next to each other on the rock I found him on. He ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath, ready to tell me the story of his life. I was still taking in the fact that i was about to have this conversation with the real Grim Reaper. Yet, there was still one thing I couldn't put my finger on. He didn't look like the same Grim Reaper I heard in stories. I didn't understand the huge difference. I had to know before he told me about his existence. "Wait. I have to know. You look like some 17 year old goth dude. Not a walking skeleton in a cloak with a scythe. What's up with the mix up?" He chuckled and took a long drag of his cig, blowing out the smoke slowly. "Jesus. I chased after him one time with my knife in my skull pajamas and the sheets still over me when we were younger because he was in my room in the early morning, snooping around and he has to go around saying that's what death looks like just to get back at me. You gotta hate little brothers....." He said in a bit of an annoyed tone. Now I see why he's not the happiest guy. "Oh..... Well..... Okay....." I said softly, not sure what else to say to him. He smiled a little and then looked up at the dark sky. "I was born when everything started and I mean everything. The universe, solar system, planets, all things made of matter. My father was God and my mother.... My mother was Mother Nature. Not Mary. She came later when my parents divorced because.... Well..... Dad didn't really agree with mom's fact of loving all things. Sure, he said he did but really he didn't. Anyway, that's not the point. I am. Life was pretty good back then.... Earth was just getting created and humans were starting to roam around. And let me tell you, there was no Adam and Eve. It was many people who were scattered everywhere. Dad would sometimes let me go down there and play with the other kids, until he realized that when I wasn't happy, I made the other kids well.... Die. He made them all start out immortal but I somehow made them stop moving and breathing. That's how lifespans started. Dad kinda liked the idea of giving people only a certain amount of time to live. Mother on the other hand, didn't. She created things to make humans live longer. Dad, not liking this, created sin and all the stuff that could kill people. That's also where I came in. He saw my potential and began putting me to work when i was about 16, killing those who's time was up and bringing in the ones who died early. I kinda didn't like doing it...... I agreed with mom but dad wore the pants in the family and i had to do what he said. This lead to the divorce. I had to live with dad and continue to bring in the dead. That's pretty much my life. I don't really wanna go into the details that much of my teen years and such but yeah. That's it. And if you're wondering why i look like this, well..... I've always looked like this. Since i was 16. I chose to look the same. And those goth kids are the ones who copied me! They saw me, came back from the brink of death, and stole my style. Now, I've told you my story. Can we please go now?"
I smiled slyly a little. I wasn't quite done yet. "Not just yet. You haven't told me much of your family. You talked about your mom and your dad but is that it?" Grim's eye twitched a little but then he relaxed, remembering he couldn't do much without me moving on. "I have an Uncle. You may know him as Satan. I kinda like him better than dad." I looked at him funny. Satan? He's god's brother? "Wait..... I thought he was a fallen angel and all that." Grim shook his head and took another puff of his cig. "Kinda. He didn't really agree with dad that much so he left and created his own place. Hell. It's where the misfits go. Not the goody goodies like my stupid brother. Again, not a place of punishment. As for my brother, he's my half brother since he came from Mary and was always so full of it. Being proud to be dad's son just to suck up to him. He became the favorite and just had to be the one to "save" everyone. Making my job harder. In short, we're opposites. Now, can we go now?!" He looked at me with a pleading look in his steel grey eyes. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

Grim stood up and letting out a sigh of relief. "Finally...." He muttered up his breath. He seemed so relieved to finally get rid of me. Me? I was still pissed that I was dead. There had to be a loophole right? Couldn't I just go back? I wasn't done with life yet. Grim took one last puff of his cig and threw it down, stomping the very life out of it. Irony. Seriously. He pulled out a book, flipped through a few pages, nodded and looked back up at me. "Follow me." I bit my lip a little and stood up. I knew where I was going. "I'm going to hell aren't I?" He smiled softly and put his arm around me. Definitely something I wouldn't expect from the bringer of death. "Hey..... It's not that bad remember? It's not a place of punishment, it's a place for people like you and me." He said sweetly. You and me? He's death and I'm a human. What's the similarity again? He probably meant what we like and stuff. After thinking about it, he was pretty similar to my friends and I. He took his arm around me away quickly, almost bashfully, and began to walk onto a path. I followed him like an obedient little dog onto the path to my fate. "So.... You now how you're the bringer of death? Who's the angel of death?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence. He stopped, not looking at me. "My ex girlfriend. I loved her but I couldn't be with her because she would die if I touched her.... So she became the angel of death to be with me..... Everything was perfect till she met my stupid brother..... Then she fell for him. Maybe you know her as Mary Magdellen." He spat out her name with a hateful tone. Damn that really sucked. A girl you loved left you for your brother. Ouch. He shook his head and kept on walking, trying to forget that memory. I walked faster and eventually caught up with him. I smiled and gave him a hug. "You're better I think." He smiled a little and then cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uh... ahem... uh thanks." he said very bashfully. He wasn't much if a touchy feely guy. We kept walking, I talked about my life, the killjoys, pretty much all the stuff in my life. Then we finally reached it. We finally reached Hell. "We're here." I nodded and went through the door with the sign that said 'Welcome To Hell.'
Sign up to rate and review this story